***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, it was a nice day to have taken that drive. Yes, whenever we go there I always pick up some precooked brats. We will have them sometime this week. Perhaps this Sunday we may drive to St Joseph MI. This Friday we have bunco, not at my house.

It was a nice day yesterday as far as the temps go, but it was extremely windy around here. Today another nice day as well with the temps.

It is good that you got a clean bill as far as your teeth goes. I hope today that you will come up with a plan for your surgery. I also will pray for your sister that they can help her out with the proper treatment.

Enjoy and have a good today,

Kathy

I liked the surgeon and he ageed it was probably a good idea to get the masectomy too. After I meet with the Plastic Surgeon on Monday they will confer about a time. He said the masectomy would be out patient but the reconstruction would be couple of days in the hospital.

What do you do in St Joseph, Mo? Sounds like a nice road trip whatever you do.

Did you get another gal to fill in for bunco?

Me and a friend are going for a walk on the lake path tomorrow. It is a seven mile section so feet will be tired I'm sure.

My sister is still in ICU, blood: volume not staying up, might have to have upper GI done again.

Sharon, St Joseph, MI is only about 70 miles from our house. There is a beach called Silver Beach. So we walk or sit along the beach right on Lake Michigan. We always eat at this place up on a bluff over looking Lake Michigan. It would be a nice afternoon drive and a nice get away for us for the day.

For bunco it is the responsibility of the person hosting the game. So it is not up to me but the gal who is hosting it.

So when do you think you are going to have this done? Will they do both at once, or will there be a period in between the surgeries? I hope your sister gets better. I am sure they are going to leave her in the hospital until she gets better.

Another day in the 70's around here. We did get rain last night for awhile. I guess we could get some more rain this evening.

So you are going for a nice long walk today with your friend along the Lake. That sounds like a good afternoon of exercise.

Enjoy,

Kathy

That sounds like a nice trip for the day. Hopefully the weather stays nice a while longer.

I wish they had bunco here more often than once a year its fun.

it was a beautiful day for a walk but we were on the side of the lake that the breeze was blowing. There were white caps and some places quite cool. We had dressed in layers though so were prepared. It took 3 1/2 hours to walk the 7 miles. There are some really huge beautiful houses and this time of year during the week not many people are even here. Makes you wonder what kind of house they live in the rest of the time. My feet are sore by the toes same as last time. My legs are a little sore too.

I won't know when I'm having it done until I see the dr on Monday. Maybe not even then because they will have to coordinate their schedules and then lets me know. But he thought yesterday it would be within a couple weeks.

Est1994, that is a lot of weight to lose, good luck! You have a good incentive, the cruise, so can probably get it done. I've found there are people of all sizes on a cruise and the main thing is to just enjoy it and have a great time.

Sharon

Sharon

Sharon, at least you were not race walking like some of them were doing when you were with a large group. It was nice that you were prepared with the temps. If you continue to do those walks, you might need to go up a 1/2 size to help you feet and legs. We did not have a lot of wind around here yesterday and the temps reached 75 here. Today only in the 60's.

On a bunco night I figure I will get home between midnight or 1 am. it all depends on how much we are talking. This should be the last one for this year, as we will go out shopping in November and do some restaurant celebrating in December.

I am sure you would like to get the surgery done before the end of this year. Many are doing the same as all of their deductibles have been met, so the best time do those things.

Kathy

1 year until set cruise....would like to lose 30 lbs by Spring Break and another 20 before the cruise...I like this forum to stay accountable to myself.

That is a nice goal to meet before your cruise. I am a lifetime WW member, as long as I keep within my range.

Kathy

I have been reading alot about breast implants and none of it is good so almost thinking about not getting them and remaining flat chested. Will discuss it with the plastic surgeon on monday.

I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls so was thinking about getting bigger shoes for walking with it.

The one mean daughter texted me today and asked when I was going to distribute the money their dad had left me to the rest of them.I texted her back it was not up to me to make any distributions, it was up to her and her brother, Then she wanted to meet with me on the weekend to give me some things, I told her I didn't want to meet with her since it seemed she wanted to argue and I didn't. So give what ever it is to the good brother and I would pick it up next week. Then the bad brother texted me he wanted me to meet him and open the safety deposit box at the bank on the weekend. I have not replied back, thought I would ask my lawyer if I should do it or not. Wish they would leave me alone, the bad daughter says everything should be "fair". But what she thinks is fair and what Bill wanted are very far apart.

My sister is supposed to go home from the hospital tomorrow. She was actually eating regular food today so that is a good thing.

Have you decided to go on that little trip for sure yet, sounds like a nice get away.

Washed a few windows inside and out, back and forth trying to get the streaks off, I'm not very good at it but at least they are better than they were. At least I think so, wait till the sun shines on them tomorrow.

Shoot, just wrote a big long post and it didn't post! See if I can remember all I wrote.

I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls so might look into getting a bigger pair of shoes for walking.

Have you decided to go on that little trip for sure yet? It sounds like a fun "tradition" to keep doing.

I had the bad daughter text me today and asked when I was going to distribute the money their dad left me to the rest of them. I told her it was not up to me to make any distributions it was up to her and her brother. Then she wanted to meet with me this weekend to give me some things. I told her no I didn't want to meet with her since it seemed she wanted to argue and I didn't. I told her to give what ever she wanted to return to me to the good brother and I would pick it up next week. Then the bad brother texted me, he wanted to meet me at the bank to open the safety deposit box, I have not replied yet, want to ask my lawyer if its ok or not first. Wish they would leave me alone.

My sister is going home tomorrow. She has been eating real food which she really needs. She has lost a lot of weight during this whole chemo thing. Hopefully she can get strong enough quick to get her lumpectomy before the spot starts growing again.

I washed a few windows inside and out, spent lots of time going in and out to get the streaks off. Will see how they look when the sun shines on them tomorrow.

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, this is funny for me and I am sorry but I am sure it is far from that for you. Reading about good daughter and bad daughter and bad brother. Yes, agreed that they are only looking after themselves and certainly not for you. Since the safe deposit box is yours and not apart of anything, I would not cave into there demands and I would not open it for them. Also if it is still in both Bill and your names, I would close it and open it only in your name.

Yesterday was cold and especially once the sun went down. Today around here it is overcast and expected to be warmer today, and I guess we could get rain sometime tonight.

You can never go wrong at Kohl's, so use the coupons and get what you need. As far as Sunday goes, I will wait until Sunday to see how I feel to decide. I have bunco tonight and Saturday nothing. So I will decide on Sunday.

Glad to hear that your sister is doing better. I will pray that it continues to be the trend for her recover, and beyond.

Kathy

I went to Kohls and tried on many different shoes but they were all too tapered by the toes. Also their registers were not working right so you could only use cash or checks. I couldn't find anything else that I wanted.

I met Bills son at the bank and asked him if he brought the key. He said no they probably have one we can use here. I said no they don't you needed to bring the key. So he asked the girl working there and she said no we don't have keys to customers boxes. So I told him we might as well leave, he said well were is the key, you should have it the key box is in your name too! I told him there is one key, its at Bill's house and I am not allowed to go there. So I told him where the key was, he went and found it but I was not going back today so will meet him tomorrow, see whats in there and close it out.

My sister went to stay with her other son who lives closer to me I think. Her daughter in law that was too rired to wait for her prescription last time was sick with something, so she didn't want to go home and be exposed to the germs. I think I will try and find where he lives and go visit tomorrow.

Its rainy here tonight.

Sharon, I think that is the first time you have not been able to find anything at Kohl's. You usually get some real good deals every time you shop there.

It was raining here as well last night. So rain going there and coming home as well. I got home around 12:30.

So I hope today all works well with the son and the safety deposit box. I also hope you are able to visit your sister as well today.

Just an overcast day around here today. I will wait and see how I feel tomorrow and decide then if we will drive to MI.

Kathy

Well today was interesting with the son. He still is insisting I know what Bill did with some of his money even though I told him I don't know. They are going to hire a researcher to go back 10 years to try a nd follow what he did with the money. Sounds like a very expensive unnessecary thing to me but he keeps repeating "we want everyone to be happy". And everyone won't be happy until they get more money! He also asked me if I would give up my share of the Trust. I tood him no, he said why not, I said because Bill wanted me to have it. Then he said he knew his dad had his gools here and he wants to come and get them to be oart of the assests of the Trust. I said no I didn't think so but I would run it past my lawyer, which he was not happy about but who cares. I' m going to make an appmnt with my lawyer a nd talk to him a bout some of these things.

I did go over to my nephews house and visit my sister. It was only about 34 miles but took almost an hour. First time I had been there, nice rsnch house in a country subdivision. They said it was going to be their one year anniversary in a few days. They have been together for 15 years and because of taxes decided to get married. I did not even know they had gotten married. I will have to send them a card and some money. My sister was looking pretty good, doesn't have much of an appetite but maybe that will return as she stays feeling better.

I'm wondering if you went on your trip or not today or will go tomorrow. Its not the best weather but pretty good for this time of year.

Sharon, they are nuts with all of this money. Let them get a lawyer and spend all of the money searching for something that does not exist. What bothers me is how they are restricting you from going to Bill's house. He would not have wanted this or to have them treating you the way they are.

We did go yesterday and it was a great day to take a day trip like this. We enjoy being close to the water and as far as weather wise for this time of year, all was very good. It was also good that you were able to visit your sister as well. We got back early evening.

Hold your ground and do not let any of them push you around or influence any way whatsoever. I know all of this greed is affecting you, but they all are clearly nuts and I would not bend of give them anything that you do not feel comfortable with.

Kathy

I thought when I didn't see a post that you had done the trip, it was a nice day for it, glad you enjoyed it!

My sister was going to go home from staying with her son but when she got there the son she has been living with all along, told her she should go to an assisted living home or stay at his brothers where she was, but not to come home anymore. He went in and got some of her things and wouldn't let her come in. His wife yelled at them, (my sister, her son and his wife) in the car to get out of their driveway! I think they were mad she went to stay with the other son instead of going right home from the hospital, but the daughter in law had the flu and she didn't want to catch it. So she was very upset as you can imagine. I would have her come here to live but it is way too far away from her doctor and the hospital she always goes to.

I did go talk to the gal who works with my lawyer today. She says not to get too upset about the "kids" turning the screws up on me until we see anything in writing. In the mean time she is going to have my lawyer check into some things that I need answers for. She also said if I wanted her to she would call the brother and sister and tell them since I have a lawyer they are only to speak with him and not me. But I told her to hold off on that since I really don't talk to them much anyway.

I also saw the plastic surgeon today. He gave me one of the implants that he would be using, that was filled with silicone. He says they don't leak even if they rupture, they would have to be replaced but don't go into your body. I don't think I believe him, if they rupture where is it gong to go but into your body. Also I did not like the feel of it, its heavy and is not filled to capacity so there are wrinkles in it that you could feel once its inside you. Also because it has wrinkles, thats where the contestant rubbing would make it rupture. So he recommends an MRI every 3 years to make sure it is not leaking. So I think I am going to have the surgery but not the implants, I think I will be fine without them because even though you get used to them they never really feel like you. He tried to convince me to get them saying my clothes would fit better, I would feel more like a woman, etc. But I'm pretty sure I'm not getting them, at least for now. I can always go back and get them if I change my mind.

Sorry, long post tonight.

Sharon, no apologies necessary, as it always makes good reading. Since none of them really respect you or treat you right, I would listen to the lawyer's assistant and let them talk to your lawyer only and not to you directly. You always get upset inside of yourself when they come to you directly.

Wow that sounds really crazy about how they are treating your sister. There was no reason to treat her the way she did. I agree that she should not be staying at her place all along. But now it sounds like her only option is going into assisted living.

We are in for a couple of days with rain and overcast conditions. I heard that the rain will be moving in much earlier than originally forecast. Then do not forget that on Saturday night we will be setting our clocks back 1 hour. Then the depression of winter sets in, with it getting dark so early.

Kathy

I started to cut the grass around 12:30 this afternoon, cut for about an hour and a half but then it started raining and had to quit. Don't know if I'll get back to it again this fall or not.

Met a couple of gals that used to come to the zumba class yesterday for lunch. Nice to see them, it had been a while. They came to Bill's funeral. There were telling me how impressed they were with my grandson. They had talked with him and thought he was really nice. I think so too but was nice to hear from someone else. His mom, my ex daughter in law trains and shows horses. A couple of days ago she won the World Apalloosa Ranch Pleasure class. Got all kinds of trophys and a beautiful belt buckle. We are on good terms which is nice.

I made a strange dinner tonight, opened a small can of very early June peas and toasted some garlic bread slices. Just sounded good to me.

Not looking forward to the time change, dark all the time almost pretty soon.

Do you get alot of kids at your house on Halloween? Some friends are going to dress up this year when they go to the dance place, t by ey have teletubby costumes. I told some friend that live in town if they go I would ride with them so we could all see tge costumes.

My sisters other son, the one that took her home with him when she got out of the hospital is having her stay with them. She could not afford to be in an assisted living home so its good she can stay with him and his wife.

Sharon, I am not looking forward to the change either. But the good news, it will be light when I wake up now. But the bad news is it will be getting dark much earlier.

For us it started raining here around 10 am and as the day wore on it started coming down more. It rained all night and it is still raining now.

Well usually in the past years Halloween fell during the week and I was at work until the hours elapsed and they could not come anymore. So Bill said last year that not 1 came to our door. Now I have to check the hours for this year as they may extend as it falls on Saturday. But they are calling for rain and colder temps. So we shall see.

I am glad to hear that 1 of your sister's kids are taking her in. Perhaps the other one will come around eventually. It would be nice for you if some of those going to the party would take you along, so you do not have to drive all alone.

I don't think I had told you that the jerk left for Europe on Sunday night. He will be gone 1 month, as he is trying to sell his products over there. Once he gets back he should be headed to Florida.

Kathy

Oh boy, a month without the jerk! Do you think he will call you though and ask you to do things for him? Maybe if he gets it going over there you will have to go and help set it up for him.

Went and met the girls tonight, just got home and its windy and cold. However it has stopped raining finally.

You would think they would make the Trick or Treat hours, since its on a Saturday this year, something like 1 to 3pm while its still light out, but almost all the towns around here have the hours 5 to 7pm. You know its going to be dark and cold by then.

I would not drive over to the dance place by myself, but if the one couple dresses up and the other couple who live in town go, I would go with them. Have to see what everyone decides to do on Friday.

Sharon, I cannot say what will happen. What I do know is that on Sunday they woud be playing the third NFL game since they have started promoted the NFL in London.

For this weekend we will have to survive cold temps. Then next week we will have temps in the 60's once again.

It is the first time ever that the NFL has ever played 3 games in London. So this Sunday the jerk will be at the game in London.

It rained all day yesterday and last night as well. So now for the next few days it will be in the 50's and below, and then next week temps into the 60's.

Enjoy and have a good day today,

Kathy

Not much new here today, got tired of being home so went and looked around in some stores.

Cold here too, but saw tonight on the weather it will get into the 70's later next week, I could finish mowing the grass if it does. Then that will be the last time for this year.

I didn't know they played football in London, I'm sure your boss has got great seats too.

How's Bill feeling, getting better?

Sharon, as far as Bill's foot it is all better. As for his elbow he is still in a pain level at 5. But it has only been 4 weeks. The Dr told him 3-6 months recover. So Bill said he would be 3 months, as he is a quick recover.

The NFL has been playing football there for a few years now. The jerk is going to the game on Sunday. This is the first time that the NFL has played 3 games there. Usually they only play the 1 game. But it is all about the money and that is why things are going the way they are.

I think it got close to freezing last night. But you are right that next week the temps will be in the 60's and even 70's.

I know that usually when you go shopping, you seem to find some good deals. Did you find anything good?

Kathy

One of the stores I was looking through was TJ Max, I found some orange scented soap so I bought a bar for me and one for my sister. When we were teenagers our family went to California, while there we bought perfume in a container that looked like a small orange. These soaps reminded me of that.

Today at church was All Saints day. The church had requested a picture of Bill so when they read off the names of people who had died they could put it on the big screen at the front of the church. There were 17 people, it was hard not to cry when his picture came up.

I went to see my sister again today, since she is at her other sons house it is closer and easier to get too. She does not look good am worried about her.

I have finally got my surgery scheduled, its the 17th of this month. The regular surgeon will do the masectomy, the plastic surgeon will remove the deflated bag. It will be out patient but can stay for 23 hrs and still be considered out patient. I have been talking to my granddaughter, she is going to try to get her mother to watch her 2 boys so she can come and be with me. We'll see if it works out or not.

Good couple of days coming up this week weatherwise!

Sharon, yes I have heard of churches doing that fro the dead. Yes, it is hard. Today and most of this week the temps are really going to be very nice. But I think this will be the last week of temps like this.

Since it rained all day and into the evening we did not get any visitors. So Bill told me not to buy any candy as he had ordered squirt guns, like 48 for $2.95. So we gave them to GK's and will put the rest away until next year.

I am glad to hear that your sister is closer to you now. Hopefully she will rebound and get better. That was nice that you were able to find that soap and that it brought back good memories.

Kathy

It was a beautiful day, I finally finished cutting all the rest of the yard so that's it for this year!

Talked to my sister a little while ago, now the wife of the son she is living with told her she might be better of living in Florida with one of her other two sons that live down there. That was a surprise because I thought they were really being nice to her and she would stay there. Now I'm wondering about seeing if she wants to come here. I certainly have the room but am a couple of hours away from her doctors and hospital that she goes to. I know if it happened it would be forever because she lives on Social Security and couldn't possible live on her own. I don't know for sure what to do at this point.

I did see the football teams in London, I think that is really strange they are playing over there, especially since football season has started here now.

It was nice getting up early this morning with the sun shining in the window.