***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, we do not make a real big deal on presents. We look at it this way that giving is a 12 month thing and not just 1 event.

I have not seen the jerk since he has been back. So his mother passed early this morning. She lived in Florida, and they will be bringing her back here for the services. Now get this. They are doing the services 1 week from this Thursday. The reason is they are having their annual Christmas party the following Friday and Saturday at some hotel in IN. So they did not want to upset the plans for the party so they are combining all that same weekend. Crazy. The Dad pass 4 years ago.

I am gradually getting better each and every day. When I let it get a grip on me it takes a bit to get rid of everything.

I do realize that it is going to be very difficult for you especially during the holidays. But always remember he will always be inside of you heart, wherever you go. All you have to do is place your hands over your heart and there he is. I will always keep you in my prayers for piece.

Kathy

Was not able to post last night, I bought a "FixME Stick" on HSN and it is supposed to wipe out any viruses that are slowing your computer down, the ones that your regular protection misses. Well I put it into the slot around 4:30 in the afternoon, it said it could take up to 6 hrs. I checked this morning and the little bar was till lit up. I finally took it out and it hadn't done anything, guess I was supposed to do something else to get it started. Will try again some other time.

I didn't get to the cemetery's yesterday, went today instead, just rained too much. Also have been trying to get new insurance quotes on the house and car. I have American Family on both. I received the bill a couple of weeks ago and picked it up yesterday to pay. I noticed that it seemed alot higher so I got out the bill from last year. Last year the house was $749, this year it was $1,132. I called and asked how come it went up so much, the said since I had a $600 claim last October 2014, they raised the price. If I had known I would not have submitted the stupid little claim. So I am not going to pay that much extra. Now I am crunched for time since they expire on the 13th of this month.

It is just so hard always being alone, I don't talk to anyone, I have no one to eat with, watch tv with, or sleep with. Like I said if it wasn't for my sister I wouldn't talk to anyone for days. When my first husband died, I had the kids, when the kids died I had Bill. Now with Bill gone I have no one. Thats what makes it so hard.

OK, so enough about me, that is really bad what they are doing for the funeral for his mother. But I guess it takes all kinds. At least you haven't had to deal with him for a while yet. Glad you are starting to feel better, like I said it always seems to take a long time to get better once you catch something.

Sharon, I am still coughing, and I am still taking the med's. But like you said, it takes a little time to clear up.

I woke up to snow fall this morning, and it is still snowing. But only on the grass it is sticking and not on any hard surface. The temps are above freezing, so hopefully that stays like that.

We have USAA for our insurance, and I agree that is not right what they have done to you. What is the purpose of having it if you cannot file a claim.

As far as the jerk goes, there are 11 of them in the family. So a very large family and usually our business pays for all of them when they have their Christmas parties. That is not right either.

I have never heard of that device that you bought for your computer. That does not sound right of it taking so long, and you have to be real careful of installing some things. You also have to be real careful of opening some things, as they can cause a virus to take over everything.

Kathy

It is snowing here also, but driveway and road is clear. Hope it doesn't get too cold and start freezing would like to go and talk with the girls tonight.

Got two estimates for insurance and have one more to go. When I compared both of the ones I have they were only about $9 difference. Will see what the last one comes in at and make a decision.

Seems when you have your own business you can pay for many things that don't really relate to it, like the party for everyone. But I guess that might be one of the benefits of owning it. I suppose he can write it off some how as a business expense.

Yesterday I saw Bill's sister in the grocery store. She looked at me but did not connect that it was me. I almost turned around and left but needed a couple of things so went the opposite way, got my stuff and left before seeing her again and giving her a chance to notice it was me. I suppose they (Bill's kids) invited her to their Thanksgiving dinner, they usually do.

My sister got her blood test results back, said it was much better. Then quoted something like 9000 and 27000. I said what does that measure? She said oh, I don't know but its much better. I told her she better start paying attention to what they are telling her so she knows whats going on with her health. It's almost like she doesn't want to know.

Well, lets hope the snow is done for the day, have a good one.

Sharon, where you able to go out and talk with your friends last night? It snowed all day yesterday, but it never stuck on any hard surface. So just cold and damp.

I can tell you that the jerk does not do things right and does a lot of under the table stuff that is really not legal, but he gets away with it just the same.

If I remember correctly, Bill's sister does not like you at all. So it was good that you got what you needed and got out of there before she did notice you.

Good luck with finding a better rate for the insurance. I know we have to find where to see where we can file a refund on overpaying property taxes, or just to see if we are paying too much so we can get a refund or reduced taxes.

Kathy

Just was reading on the front page of the newspaper this morning about the high real estate taxes and how so many people are moving out of Illinois to get away from it all. One couple moved to MN and went from paying over $9,000 a year RE taxes here to only a little of $1,000 up there. The main problem is the schools they always want more money.

Saw 2 Holstein cows back on the other side of the fence line this morning and was hoping they wouldn't knock down my fence. They were in the field that was corn and inside my fence is grass because I cut it. Then kind of forgot about them for a bit and heard my doorbell ring. It was the town police wondering if I had seen the cows and if I knew who's they were. I told them yes I saw them and thought they belonged to the guy down the road. He said as long as they were on the side road it wasn't too much of a problem but if they got on the main highway that would be bad. So he was going to try and find out who to get to take care of them. Hope he got it taken care of.

I did go to see the girls and the one gal I sat by had a terrible cold and cough. I tried not to touch my face at all and moved back away from her as far as I could. Hope I don't get it, seems like it hasn't been that long since I got over the one I had.

Well that was the excitement for the day, hope you are getting better every day.

Sharon, the real problem is that we live in Cook County. This county is killing everyone with the high cost and taxes. Bottom line we need to get out of Cook County. But in the mean time we need to look into getting the taxes refunded, if possible.

So I know that on your property line you have had problems with that guy throwing stuff over the fence onto yours. So those cows were not his and did they knock down a fence to get to where they were. You used to have your own horse. So I am sure you know how to milk a cow. You should have gotten a bucket and milked them, at least you would have had some milk for yourself.

I went to see our new internists yesterday, as our other 1 had retired. So the good news is that he said I do not have RA. So he took an X-Ray of my hip and I am awaiting the results from that.

We are going to our first Christmas Party tonight. This is an organization Bill belongs to. The headquarters is in Oshkosh where my aunt lives. The local chapter is here in Lansing. It is called EAA. They have that huge air show every year in Oshkosh at the end of July, I am sure you have heard of.

Kathy

Don't know what happened to the cows, must have gotten them back where they belong. They did not knock down the fence, at least what I can see from the house, I did not walk all the way back there. Yes, I had horses but never milked a cow, ha ha.

That is really good news that you don't have RA, the gal I know that has it has been on steroids for a while and it helped at first but now does not seem to be doing as well. Several of my doctors have retired also.

The taxes in McHenry County are just as bad, they keep building schools and issuing bonds and then need more taxes to cover them. Been a big article running the last couple of days in the paper about it.

Been a nice sunny day today, have not been out except to get the mail though. Thought about a walk but never did it.

Have fun at your Christmas party tonight.

Sharon, it was a nice small group, under 30. Last year they said they had 50. So I guess some people were out of town. So we ate dinner had a couple of drinks and we were back home around 8:30.

Today and all next week, temps in the 40's and even in to 50's. But it does feel good when the sun is out bright. I went for a pedi this morning. Sometime during the week they are way too busy so I went this morning.

So the Dr said go to the RA Dr next week and see what she come up with. Bill has a Colonoscopy and upper scope on Thursday. So I am sure he is not looking forward to that procedure. Getting all of this stuff finished up before the end of the year, then January we start new deductions and start all over again.

Kathy

Since he wants you to go to the RA dr, does that mean he thinks you might have RA anyway?

Is Bill drinking the whole gallon of liquid stuff or does he do like you and take only the small bottle? That is the worst part, the prep. Haven't had the upper, but I don't think there is any kind of prep for that is there, other than not eating?

It was a nice sunny day but never got above 42. I went up to the Christmas parade. There were only a handful of participants. There was a rescue squad leading the way, next a big Percheron horse pulling a white carriage with Mrs Santa Claus, then a decorated hay wagon with people dressed up like wise men, the high school band playing the same Christmas carol over and over and then the fire engine with Santa. End of parade. There was also some vendors in a redone factory I wandered through but not anything I wanted. When I got home a friend had called and wanted to know if I would go for a walk with her. We were going to meet at the conservation district but they had it closed because they were hunting in there. So we came back and did the walk by my house that I used to do with Tinker. It was cold but we kept up a steady pace so not too bad.

Sound like a nice little dinner last night, are you feeling better?

Sharon, since I had already had the appointment with the RA Dr, he said to keep it. But he did say I definitely did not have RA. He said my levels with up but I did not have RA. Something else is causing me the pain.

Bill did ask for the prep that I had, but they sent him the gallon. So he was not happy with that. He does not drink the entire gallon but only about 3/4 of it. If he would drink the gallon he would get sick. Like you said there is no prep for the upper scope other than just fasting. Thursday will not be a good day for him or even Wednesday night.

It has been nice and sunny with temps in the 40's. I guess the temps could get into the 50's as well this week. We all know too well what the flip side could be.

I still have a cough, but like you have said, it take a little longer to completely get rid of this once it takes a hold of me like it did.

Kathy

I feel sorry for Bill, I can't hardly drink that whole bottle of stuff either. Luckily its not very often we have to have them.

It was a nice day today, I was going to go to church but it was so foggy and yesterday I heard the weatherman say it could be black ice with all the fog and the temperature. So will have to go next week.

Maybe your pain is just something that some kind of exercise will take care of! That would be nice, or maybe it's the stress from your job, that would not be so nice.

Looks like a good week of weather ahead. Tomorrow have a lunch at one of the gals house from exercise, Tuesday have dr's appmnt for one last check on my surgery.

The dance friends are having a dinner at their house on Saturday night, I am hoping I am able to go and not get too upset without Bill. She is making the meat and everyone is supposed to bring something to go with it.

Sharon, what you are doing on Saturday, was exactly our bunco group did yesterday afternoon. One of the gal's likes to cook so we all went to her house and each of us brought a dish to shear as well.

That is funny about having an exercise to cure my pain. It reminds me of this commercial that is on TV where they say if 1 push-up would cure heart disease.

Yes, it has been very foggy around here as well the past few days. Although 1 day last week we had those warning about ice fog we have only had the fog around here. So it was good to stay at home as black ice can be bad.

So I hope you have a good lunch today. The temps should be in the 40's most of this week and I thought I heard a 50's in there as well.

The good news about Bill drinking that stuff is he only has to drink 1/2 of the gallon on Wednesday afternoon, and the other 1/2 the next morning. The procedure is at 2 on Thursday. The bad news is he can only drink clear liquids starting on Wednesday morning and clear jello only.

Kathy

Had a nice brunch today, one of the gals from exercise class had 5 of us over to her house. She made some kind of cheese, egg, and ham quiche that was good and also sliced some kind of bread baked it with nutmeg, egg and syrup for something like french toast. All was very good.

It never got very warm today like they keep saying, in fact it was in the 30's all day, and when I was coming home it was starting to get foggy again.

I was going to go to the dr by myself tomorrow but the gal that took me the last time to get those tubes out remembered my appointment and called to say she would go with me again. I told her I was fine to go but she said we'll do lunch again so that will be nice.

Got my quotes for insurance now have to decide and get it paid quick.

Sharon, that was good that you had a nice lunch yesterday with the gal's. I agree that it has been very foggy both at night and in the morning. Someplace's stay foggy all day and that is why we have not seen the sun for a few days. They said it could get close to 50's today, but I think that around here it will not get out of the 40's. Still not too bad for this time of year.

So tonight is it as far as Bill's last supper. He has to start as soon as he wakes with clear liquids only and jello. So I am sure he will not be a happy camper for a few days.

Also very good that you have a very good friend who is going with you to the Dr today and that you will be able to get out to lunch once again today. I hope you get good news and will continue to improve.

Bill canceled the RA appointment on Thursday as I thought it would be too much for him. He made it for Friday afternoon and I told him he will have to cancel that as well, as the service for the jerk's mother in on Friday.

Kathy

Hope you can get your appointment rescheduled in the not too distant future, seems like sometimes there is just too much going on. So are you going to the funeral for his mother?

There are a limited amount of things that you can eat when you are having that test done, but I think chicken broth would be ok, wouldn't it? I know they gave me a handout with all the things I could and couldn't eat or drink.

Saw both doctors today, both of them said no problems don't need to come back, but if I have anything I can always call. Still have a little fluid on the one side that should dissipate in a couple more weeks. The one side is still pretty tender but that should also get better with a little more time.

Another pretty decent day, but it rained a little bit this afternoon around 3pm. I finalized the insurance and got it all paid, the house for a year and the cars for 6 months. Glad to have that done, was running out of time.

Sharon, yes I will have to go with me being the manager. Even if not, I would still go either way.

Yes, the chicken broth is one of the things he can eat. It is not going to be a good couple of days for him. Last night was his last supper at the club until it is all complete.

Today is shaping up to be the best day of the week thus far. There is no fog and the sun is out bright. It feels good having the sun with all of the cloudy skis we have had to deal with. We did not get any rain yesterday.

It is good that you got a clean bill from both Dr's, and also that you got all of the insurance taken care of as well. It probably felt good to got out to lunch as well.

Kathy

We had a very foggy morning until almost 11am I think. Then the sun came out and it looks nice but not getting as high as they say it will.

My nephew called last night and said they wanted to come over for a visit instead of me going to their house all the time. They are coming either Friday or Saturday. I never have anything going on during the weekend but do this weekend. Friday I have a dinner at a nice restaurant hosted by my stock guy and Saturday my dancing friends are having everyone over at their house. I want to see my nephew, his wife and my sister but wish it was a different weekend. They will probably be gone in time for me to leave though, I hope. They said don't go to any bother we will go out for lunch but there really is no where in town for a nice lunch so might make sloppy joes to eat here.

Well good luck to Bill tomorrow, he can finally eat after it is over, are you going out for dinner?

Sharon, that must have been north your way as it was and has been clear around here all day. It also seemed warmer around here than it has been over the past few days.

Well that is good for you that you will be very busy this weekend. That was nice of them to come to your place and also a good idea to make Sloppy Joe's as well. Like you said they should be gone in time for you to go out.

Yes, Bill suggested that we should stay downtown and eat there as by the time he is out we would get tied up in traffic. So we can take our time and get a good dinner. There are a lot of places to choose from down there.

So he has just been on a clear diet all day, and has not started the prep yet. He is only drinking 1/2 tonight and the other 1/2 in the morning. I have the RA appointment on the 24th now in the morning. We will leave tomorrow around noon to get there.

Kathy

Works out good for you too, I'm sure you will find some place good to eat and he will really be hungry by then also. Best of luck to him with the rest of the prep, the tests should be a breeze.

The Forever Fit exercise group had a pot luck tonight, wasn't going but decided to after another gal said she was going too. Wasn't a very big crowd compared to how many unusually went to the class. I'd say not even twenty women were there. But we had lots to eat and afterwards me and that other gal stopped and had a margarita in town. Her husband is a salesman and was not home so it worked out good.

My nephew, his wife and my sister are coming on Saturday, which is better for me also. I told my sister I would make sloppy joes but she said no they didn't want me to go to any trouble and would just as soon eat out somewhere, so now not sure what I will do. I bought all the food I'd need today.

Terribly windy today, even still tonight, about 50 but with the wind pretty darn cold.

Sharon, I have been up for some 2 hours now as I cannot sleep. I guess all wound up from the days activities. We ended up driving as I did not get out of work just as planned. However the traffic was not too bad, and we made in down there with good time.

The actual procedure was about a 1/2 hour late starting. All went well for Bill and now he has to await the results from the testing. He had a number of polyps, but the Dr said they were very small and he did not seemed too concerned.

As far as the prep went. Bill woke up on Wednesday, and did not have anything but water. Then in the afternoon he had chicken broth and jello. He started the prep around 4 and did not having anything to drink except the prep. He stopped the prep around 11 and went to bed shortly after midnight.

So at this point he had only drank a little more then 1/2. He slept all night without getting up. The next morning he was supposed to drink the other 1/2, but did not. He was fine driving downtown as we left shortly after noon. We ate downtown and drove back home. We got home after 7, and he went to bed right away as he was very tired after all of the proceedings.

Today will be crazy with most employees wanting to go to the services. All will not be able to attend as they only want to get out of work for awhile. I have to have a certain amount to cover the store. A lot never met the woman. Bill had something else planned for today, but is canceling to go with me.

I am glad that you were able to get out with your group yesterday. Now today you have another dinner and tomorrow your family will come in the day and in the evening another dinner with you tax guy, correct?

Yes, it was very windy around here as well but temps well into the 50's so it was not too bad. I think today holds the same and much rain on Sunday.

Enjoy,

Kathy

That is great that all went well, they can usually tell by looking at the polyps if they are alright I think, but do the testing anyway. I am surprised he was cleaned out enough to do the test without drinking the rest of that stuff in the morning. Good thing it worked sure wouldn't want to have to go home and do it again.

Tonight is the dinner with the stock guy, tomorrow morning my relatives are coming and tomorrow night is the dance friends party. So after that it will go back to nothing again. Everything right in a row, be better if it was spaced out a little so I could enjoy it longer.

Yes I bet everyone at work thought a day off, going to the funeral. Not something I like to do, but probably not bad if you don't know the person who died.

So now will your boss be back to work? Ugh hope not for a while so you can have a little peace before Christmas.

I saw the time it said you posted and wondered what you were doing up so early.

Sharon, with all that is going on at work and what has just happened with Bill and his ordeal. I just could not go back to sleep. So that helped and I was able to fall asleep for a short time before I had to get up. As far as Bill I am envious of him. When I had mine done, I was up all night, not him. He slept all night, but once we arrived home last night he slept for some 14 hours straight. He knows his own body and what it takes to be right. So apparently it worked as he did not have a bad experience and hopefully everything will come back positive.

From what you have been telling me, I know that you have some good friends. So don't give up and try not to be blue. Your friends will keep you going and involved. Although it has been good that you have been getting out and enjoying things.

Yesterday it was a long day with working and going to the services. There was only 5 people from work, not counting the family, who went to the entire service and lunch including me. Everyone else was allowed to go and view the mother laying in the side chapel before the mass and then returned to work. The family is having their Christmas party until Sunday night at a hotel in Merrillville, IN, and then a private service on Monday, before they all head back home. With 11 kids they are scattered all over the country. So I guess it was the only way to have them all here at the same time and for the family party.

They are calling for much rain tomorrow and the temps may start to drop next week as well.

Enjoy,

Kathy

The dinner last night was kind of hard, I saw quite a few people including the neighbors down the road and the people from the bank we banked at and none of them had known Bill passed away. So they all had to come over and tell me how sorry they were and knew how much fun we always had together on bus trips an so on. Of course it brought tears to me eyes all I could do not to break down completely. Didn't want to do that in front of everyone. Tonight going to see many friends that I haven't seen since either, hoping to get through it, would almost just not go than to have to fight the tears.

My sister her son and his wife came today, we went up to the place Bill and I used to go every Saturday for the Wisconsin Cheese soup. Of course the gal remembered me but didn't say anything other than she had missed seeing me, so that was alright. They didn't get her till late and left after lunch. My sister showed me what they had gotten her for Christmas, a one way ticket to Florida to see her other 2 sons. But they had wrote on the card they would send a ticket for her return trip when she was ready, that was good, as least not trying to get rid of her.

Very foggy here all day, thinking it will be even worse tonight when it gets dark.

Good that Bill didn't not have any problems, and that you attended the funeral.

Thanks for the pep talk too!

Sharon, no pep talk, just friends being friends to one another, always. I hope all goes well for tonight as far as the evening there and both going there and returning home. Yes, it was very foggy all day long and it is even worse now. In some places it is down to zero visibility. So use the greatest of caution.

Bill went with me to the services yesterday. So they are all enjoy their family tradition Christmas Party, all weekend long. This time they all are staying an extra night due to the services on Monday. The jerk said this will be the last time he is going to pay for everything. As he only did it while his parents were alive. Now that the Mom is gone he will not be paying for them all ever again. So you know what that will mean?

So that will be great for your sister to get out of here for the winter. At first when you said 1 way, I thought they were shipping her out. Usually when you are going away for an extended period of time, it is called an open ended ticket.

I was gone all day with my friend who lost her husband a few years ago. We went to a craft fair and then lunch afterwards.

Kathy