***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

No its not an actual neighbor, its the fire dept that puts it on and calls it neighbors night because the whole town is welcome to come along with anyone else who wants to. I got my mammo today so thats done for another year. Enjoy your weekend to talk to you Monday.

Sharon, I am glad you did get your mammo. The weekend was relaxing and fun filled. It rained there on Saturday and then cleared up to be a very nice evening. Then today it was raining very heavy on the way back until we hit Indiana. Now it is raining heavy here.

How was your weekend and what did you do?

Kathy

Last night we got a blast of rain and I heard we are in store for more today. Sharon, I weighed myself on my own scale and it said I gained 1.1 pound. So I don't know if my scale is off, so I will see the real results tonight at weigh-in.

Kathy

So did the rain mess up any of your plans up there? We had a little rain on Sat morning and then yesterday late afternoon. None of it lasted very long so it was ok. But it is making the grass grow really fast.

We went to the show on Sat night, hadn't been for ages. We saw Cowboys and Aliens, not terrific but good entertainment.

Good luck with the weigh in tonight. I was .2 away from being another pound, but just had a ham sandwich on a big crunchy roll for lunch.

Sharon, on our way back yesterday we stopped in South Heaven, MI and that is what got messed up. It started raining so hard we really couldn't do anything. So when we did make it back to our car driving back was also a mess. There must have been a straight line wind that went through as there were tress down everywhere. This one road that we were on there was a tree blocking the road so the police routed us to a bypass. It was real dicey driving back until we got into Indiana where it finally stopped.

I just looked and didn't realize that I also have a mammo for myself tomorrow morning. Isn't that interesting how close together we were without appointments? I did hear about that movie. Like you we have not been to a show in ages. We usually see first run movies in the hotel room when we are away sometimes.

Kathy

OK, I guess I had bad eating habits over this past weekend, I did gain 1.2 lbs. Always a concern when eating out a lot. We got a lot of rain last night. With all of this rain your grass is growing fast. But at least there should be no more browning.

Kathy

I got the call from my dr last night, everything ok with the mamo. I wasn't worried because I already knew. The hospital now has that digital screening and the gal doing it let me look at the results while it was on the screen. A little fiberous tissue was all that was showing. Before they had to take those big x-ray things into the back room and it was always so secretive.

Too bad about all the rain on your trip, at least they didn't send you on a detour where you didn't know how to get back on track. We've had that a couple of times, you end up driving and driving. I guess most people now have a GPS, I think I might have to get one of those. We have friends that have them. They say they don't use them often but when you need them they really come in handy.

I bet you'll get rid of the gain in no time at all. I ate terribly yesterday, don't know what that was all about! But today only .5 up so guess I got a reprieve to do better today.

I have been watching the stock market, looks like its on its way back up, thank goodness. Now I'm wondering if I should buy something else since most of the stocks are lower, not sure yet though if its going to keep going or fall back down by the end of the day. Guess I'll keep watching.

Sharon, I am glad you got good results from your mamo. I went this morning before work and I do not know the results yet. Then I went to work and was going to go with Bill to a service as his friends mom passed a few days ago, so he went alone.

A very nice day today. Even better at night. Well for you .5 gain, for me I have been going up and down these past few weeks.

Kathy

Yes I'm loving the last couple of days too, no humidity makes a big difference even when its hot, its still nice. I did some mowing yesterday and have to complete the rest of it today. Last night we went to a dinner at a local restaurant courtesy of a post card we had gotten. It was a presentation about this space age aluminum that they put in your attic. It repels the heat in the summer and keeps the cold out in the winter. Sounds like a good idea, he said it was used by NASA for the space ships and space suits. Interesting, but we have some things we want to get done up in the attic before we would invest in that.

I ran into a neighbor that lives north of the other house in Walmart today. She already knew all about the young couple that bought my house. Even knew what hours they worked! She is such a busy body, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. Hope she doesn't drive them nuts!

I changed recently from a regular prescription for thyroid called synthroid to a generic, wonder if thats why I'm having a little luck with losing a few pounds? They are not supposed to be different, only cheaper.

Sharon, this old neighbor sounds like the neighbor across the street in that series called Bewitched, Mrs. Kravits. lol Well that sounds like a good explanation for you loosing weight. Yes, very nice weather and we turned the air off yesterday and opened the windows.

Wow, that sounds very interesting about the aluminum they put in attics. I would like to get info on that.

Kathy

The guy with the aluminum stuff is coming tonight between 6 and 7 to give us a quote. But like I said, we want to put up a ceiling fan in one room and some lights over the counter in the kitchen. The room we want to put the ceiling fan in comes to a point and he said last night that in that case they would staple it on. If they staple it on now we couldn't get to the electric to hand the fan. So it will be interesting anyway to find out how much it costs. I'll get the name and let you know if they have a web site.

Got the grass done, now trying to get the pork chops from last night a little more tender. I put some Pineapple Mango Coconut Tequila sauce in a pan with some water and am simmering them. We each got 2 huge chops last night, could only eat one, and they were rather "firm". Should be better tonight. The sauce is from a company called Robert Rothschild Farms, its very tasty on just about everything. We like it for dipping cocoanut shrimp in also. Has just a little bite to it.

We won in bocce last night. It was a very nice evening to be outside and it is also very nice today as well. The pork chops sound very tasty. Pork chops cooked the right way makes a good dinner meal. I know that we use our ceiling fans all year round. We just reverse the direction the blades turn, depending on the season.

Kathy

Good for you on the win, bet Bill was glad there were enough people to play this time. Did the mosquitoes bother you at all, I went for a walk around 7pm and had to keep moving or they got on me. Next time I'll have to spray a shirt and wear it.

The pork chops turned out very tender, much better than the one we ate at the restaurant, had some corn on the cob and some rice for a great meal. The guy came over about 6:30, the product is called Energy Shield, from a company called Alternative Power Systems. The price is very good so we are thinking about doing it. He says it will save us $70 a month on our utility bills, combined gas and elec. We are still thinking about it but told him we would let him know by tomorrow or Saturday.

Had a guy rear end me while I was stopped at a stop light in town yesterday. I think he was looking at his phone, but not sure. It didn't hardly do any damage to my car except that he didn't have a front lic plate but had the screws in the holder that stuck way out. One of them made a deep impression on the bottom of my back bumper. I was so mad I called the police and had them make out an accident report. In hind sight, I should have just let it go as I'm not turning it in to the ins company. Funny though he had on either after shave or cologne that smelled so good I had to ask him what it was, he said it was Armane (sp), I definetly will have to get some for Bill. Ha ha

Sharon, I will have to look up that company and see what I can find. Seventy dollars a month is a good savings if it really does work. You should have this guys insurance company pay for any damages. Also when getting rear ended you never know what it might have done to your spine. It takes a few days before you might feel it. But doesn't that make you mad when there are so many distracted drivers that don't have a clue what they are doing?

We played a very good team and we were surprised we beat them. We had 5 show up yesterday and Bill is the team captain, so he sat out. We played the 1st game at 5:45 so no problem with mosquitos at that point. But when we were leaving at 8:00 we saw people spraying themselves. I think it would have been better smelling the after shave another way, rather than having him ram it in your back end. lol

Kathy

Ha ha you are right about the after shave. But it smelled so good I went on the internet and found a place in NY that sold a $36 bottle for $17.00 and free shipping. I hope Bill likes the smell as much as I do!

Like I said there really isn't any damage except for the one mark where the screw hit so I'm not planning on doing anything about it. I was just mad and thats why I got the police involved. Since we were both sitting still at the stop light it was just one jolt and I'm fine.

I worked on the fence today, man it was really hot out there, I thought it was a lot cooler than it is. I got covered with little thistle seeds, thistles and leaves that stuck to the bug spray I had on, ouch! Had to come in take a shower right away just to get it all off of me. Now I'm pooped and still need to make something for dinner, guess I better go see whats in the fridge.

Sharon, I went and did some research about that company. Their home office is in Arbor, MI correct? We were planning to go away this weekend, but I forgot about my daughter having a B-Day party for her son on Sunday. Then we have another party to go to on Saturday. So it looks like our weekend is booked up.

Are you guys going dancing tonight? How has Zumba been going for you? Another nice day today.

Kathy

What did you find out about that company? I looked them up with the BB in MI and they looked alright, just haven't been in business for a real long time, 2008. They are in Spring Arbor, MI.

Zumba was good, only 4 people were there. It sounds like she is having some financial problems. Just went through a divorce, husband not contributing anything, she has 2 kids going to first year of college,(twins) and one just staring HS. Their house is in forclosure, so she has just moved, he has rented an apartment and now she has not been getting alot of people for her classes. On Wed one of the gals mentioned to her that she seemed kinda of down and she started to cry. She is so nice and works so hard, I'm praying things start to work out better for her.

We are going to the Boone County Fair tonight. We have grandstand tickets to see Kelly Pickler. She a country singer but I'm not sure we even like her, it just something different to do. We ususally go every year they have a great fair. We are going a little early to walk around and look at stuff before the show at 7:30pm. Hope it doesn't rain, it looks a little cloudy off and on today.

Sharon, earlier when I was watching the news they said around midnight for the rain. Let's hope that holds true for you. Sounds like a good evening at the fair. That is too bad about the instructor. With all that she has right now, it would not surprise me if she folded the business. I hope not it does not look good for her the way you are saying. What a jerk to leave her like that and not support her either.

I left a message for someone to call me back and so far have not heard anything. So we will have to just wait and see.

Have fun tonight,

Kathy

Sharon, I spoke with the doctor's office yesterday and they want me to come in again and have the test done over as they could not get a clear picture. So perhaps next week I will get it done once again.

How was the fair last night? We ate at the club and I had a steak, very tender and tasty.

Kathy

The rain did not hold off, it started around 6:30pm and the show was supposed to start at 7:30pm. We were all in the grandstands, luckily we were under the covered part and waited until around 8:30 before the show started. She sounded a lot like Dolly Parton, if you weren't looking at her you wouldn't know the difference. She said she really was a fan of Dolly and sang quite a few of her songs. We had brought with raincoat ponchos so we stayed nice and dry.

I didn't see anything really that I wanted to eat there, finally ended up with a piece of pizza.

I had that happen to me once too, they called me back for another "view". It was nothing but made me anxious until I got the results of that test back. Like I said this time they did it digitally and you can even look at the picture on the screen. So much better to know right away, they also started a program where they give you a pearl in a little velvet bag. Eveytime you have a mamo or bone density or other test you get another one. They teemed up with a jeweler who will make an necklace out of them for you and keep adding them as you get them. (Did I tell you that already???)

Your steaks from last night sounds really good, I haven't had a good one in I don't know how long! Looks like a sunny day today don't know whats up yet for us to do.

Sharon, at least you did not encounter what happened in Indy. With the high winds and storms it was a shame that those people were hurt and killed. You did not tell me about the pearls, as that is a very good idea. They said it is about the density with me as well. Even though it might not be a big thing. Having to go back again makes me a little uneasy.

The party that we went to on Saturday was on the river and it was cool and damp with the rain. So we ate there and sat around for a bit and decided we were not having any fun, so we left. On the way home we stopped at our club for a couple of drinks. All in all it was a nice weekend.

Kathy

Kathy, I hope the dr's office gets back to you soon about the mammo so you can forget about it for another year. Yes it was too bad about the rain, it did the same thing on Sat night as it did on Friday night. We didn't go to the fair on Sat night but there were having a rodeo and I imagine it messed that up for a time also. We just went worked around the house and got some things that needed fixed done and then went out to eat for broasted chicken, yum, its one of our favorites. Yesterday I saw an ad in one of the Lake Geneva books about a dance Sunday afternoon in Twin Lakes, WI. They were having Eddie Cash, who sang with Elvis Presley, first give a show and then there was a Rhumba lesson and after that a dance. Sounded like fun so we went and saw the tail end of the Eddie Cash show, man alive is he ever a good singer! Then we had the lesson with "Josef", he used to compete but now just teaches. He had quite an accent so you really had to listen to him to understand what he was saying. There were about 15 or so couples there. He showed us a few separate moves and then we put them together. The place was called the Wonder Bar and it had a huge wood dance floor that was just great for dancing. Its too bad they are not doing it every week. They said the next time would be the 2nd week in Sept. We were talking to him and they started to play a waltz. He asked me if I could do the Viennes waltz, I said no, he said do you know how to waltz, I said yes, so he took my hand and said then you can do the Viennes Waltz, it's just faster. And it was faster, but very much fun! This is a whole different way to dance than what we have done for the past 12 or so years, but we had a great time.

Sharon, I have been very busy at work both yesterday and today. Later on we have a meeting about our 401 K. Last night at weigh-in I lost .2 lbs once again. Well it sounded like you had a very nice weekend with dancing and especially the waltz.

With what happened in Indy it was lucky that more people were not hurt or killed. More and more details are coming each day. On our way back from Michigan that is what came across there, a straight line wind. It knocked down trees and it was lucky that we were not driving at that point, as we stopped off in South Heaven, MI. for a while. Driving from there to St. Joseph, MI. is where we had to take detours because of trees blocking the roadway.

We got an invite to the Air & Water Show for Saturday, and we cannot go because my daughter is having a B-Day party for her son. Later on that evening we have an invite for our neighboor to comne over for a dinner party. So we will go to the party and since there is a lot of kids, we will just leave after a few hours and attend the dinner party.

Another nice day.

Kathy

I heard the weather "person" talking on the news last night about the Air & Water show, said it might rain both Sat & Sun but they would keep an eye on it. I think that would be a fun thing to do too bad you have a bday party to go to and I don't blame you for leaving early. Sometimes too many kids are just too many kids, ha ha. Hopefully the dinner party will be good food and conversation.

Yes its awful about that stage top falling on people. Here they were just out to have a good time and that happens. It looked like from the videos they showed that there were many, many people under it when it fell. I bet there are some pretty severe injuries.

Wonder what they are going to tell you about the 401K, think they are going to cut the company contribution? Seems like companies always are looking for ways to save money these days. I just bought some more stock last week when the market was really down. My stock guy told me that Vodafone was raising their dividend. I already had some of it but bought another 100 shares. Now the price is back up so looks like I did a good thing.

Way to go with the .2, at least you are going in the right direction again. I'm up a few tenths today. Surprising since we had quite a workout yesterday at zumba and then in the afternoon I was doing some weeding and again sweated up a storm! We had a big group yesterday, something the Chris, the instructor, really needed. She also said she made a reservation for her and her daughter through a company called FitPro for Jamaica. She only has to teach one class a day and gets either a reduced or free stay at the hotel, Rose Hall. Sounds like a good deal for her since she said she hasn't had a vacation for 3 years.

Looks like another hot day today. Hope you get the work load under control and have a good day.