***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I remember you were telling me about the reunion. Have you now decided that you are going. I thought you told me that you may not go. Well if you can get down to that weight, that will be very good. It seems like you are turning the corner now. For a very long time you were just maintaining. Good job.

Like I said with all of the eating out we were doing and all of the stress I was under last week, I will be keeping my fingers crossed tonight. The painter should be finished today and this is the first leather sofa I have ever owned. I sit a lot in the FIL's chair, as he only had it for 1 month before he passed. Bill bought one of those recliners that reclines and then will lift you up as well.

How is Zumba going along and how is that instructor's business doing and is that jerk giving her any support money?

What a nice day today.

Kathy

Sharon, keep in mind that I did not go to weigh-in last week as I was not in good spirits. So last night I lost .4 pounds. So I kind of have been going up and down but at least maintaining. I was really surprised.

We sure have been lucky with the nice weather we have been having. Where exactly is this reunion going to be.

Kathy

Your room is going to be all brand new, floors, paint and furniture, it will be nice to enjoy it like that. My dad used to have a chair like that, that helped you up out of it. Saw the Mayor was in the triathalon on Sunday, was Bill in charge of any of it? Zumba was back to only 3 people again on Monday. Chris the instr. has several new jobs. She works at Alpine Valley when they have acts come in and this weekend Pearl Jam is there. She also now has a part time job at Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva teaching Zumba/Pilates or whatever else they want her to teach. She gave them her schedule and they call when she has time. They have scheduled a Zumbathon on 11/11/11 it will be a benefit for veterans. She also does some kind of work on the computer for a company. As I said she is quite the worker and trying to pay for the studio, her rental home and her daughters college. Jerk husband still lives in town, don't believe he's helping much.

I am still thinking about the reunion, the cost is kinda high I think, its $90 for me and $70 for a spouse. Then there is the room charge if you stay, thats at the Chicago Marriott O'hare, $99 +tax. Saturday they have a tour of Des Plaines and all the old haunts we used to go to, $20 and Sunday a breakfast buffet $20. The buffet dinner/program/dancing will all be on Friday night, so we might stay one night and Sat for the tour, then come home. Got to make up my mind soon, deadline is Sept 6th and Oct 4th for the hotel.

Maintaining is a good thing when you are at the weight you are supposed to be at! You have been doing great, as soon as you get up a little, you get right back down.

Well better get busy, nice cool day out, should dig some weeds or something..I am fighting with some ground bees, can't seem to get rid of them and I don't like them, they are too close to the house!

Sharon, Bill was supposed to work the Tri, but they left his name off the assignment sheet. When he brought it to their attention they never got back to him until 4 pm Saturday. So he said forget it, since they could not give him advanced notice. It saved us getting there at 5 am. I think the next event he will work will be the 1/2 marathon on 9/11. That should be an interesting day.

What a jerk that guy is to leave that poor woman hanging out there with no help for her at all. Yes, the weather has been great. We may go to this craft fair either Sunday or Monday in Frankfort, IL. It runs every year during the labor day weekend. We walk around and stop and get something to eat at one of the restaurants. If something strikes me then I will buy it, if not, then just few hours of walking outside enjoying the day.

The living room and hallway are all finished. It felt good to get everything moved back into the area and get back to normal once again. Well it is not easy maintaining weight. Yes, I have been doing OK, and have been going up and then down. With a weekend like we have coming I have to watch what I eat while out and about.

Enjoy the day,

Kathy

In a way it was kinda good they didn't get back to Bill, like you say you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn!

I got some grass cut again yesterday, I have been only doing part one day and some the next, so I still have the front yard and sides to do. I was afraid if I did it yesterday by the weekend it would need it again! We did get a little sprinkeling rain last night, but no thunder or lightening.

Good classs at Zumba, started out with 3 people then 2 more came. She said if we bring someone in that buys a 10 punch card we will get $5 off on our next card. Hope she can hang on to the studio.

Bill's son is supposed to be coming down this weekend, its his birthday so we will probably go out to dinner with him at least one of the days he is here. The craft fair sounds like a good idea, it's always nice to go look around at, hope we have good weather.

The last jewelry show of the year is in Oct down by Ohare again. My sister and I are thinking of going, she said she would drive once I got down to her house. It is much bigger than the one out in Schaumburg, so I'd like to go again.

Nothing else much new, Sharon

Sharon, I remember the last time you went to the show, you were concerned that you might have gotten a ticket form one of those red light camera's. We also thought that we got snapped back in December, but never got anything in the mail.

I hope the Zumba class keep on going. That sounds like a very good deal if you can bring someone else along .Weather wise it is supposed to get back in the 90's with rain over the weekend and cooling off next week. What are your plans for the long weekend?

I could not get on this site this afternoon. We play bocce tonight at 7:15, but I do not know if I will play as I am still sore from last week.

Kathy

Sharon, the humidity is back for a few days. We lost in bocce last night and I did not play as I am still feeling the effects from the biopsy. If you are at Zumba today you should be getting a good workout with the heat returning.

Enjoy,

Kathy

No, no Zumba today, guess I'm going to cut the front yard, should only take about an hour. Bill has an offer on one of his rental properties, a duplex that he had for sale longer than my house. It's money down, monthly payments and a ballon payment at the end of 5 years. They are putting down $50 thousand so I don't think they will default and lose all that money. I told him to take the money and run!

Bill asked me today what I was going to do today, I told him I had no plans same as every day just about. He said since its going to be so hot and humid maybe I should go shopping and buy some shoes, ha ha. Since July when I pretty much ended the relationship with my friend, I haven't done anything really. Too bad since we used to swim and hike and shop together. But I don't miss her, I miss doing things with "someone".

That must have been some biopsy you had. I remember having several of them years ago but they just used a needle to take out some cells. Yours must have been a lot more intensive, hope it gets back to normal soon.

As I mentioned Bill's son is coming in tonight and bringing a friend he sometimes travels with. Probably will be late but if he gets here in time for dinner we will go to the mexican restaurant with him. If not, Bill will visit him tomorrow. Tomorrow night we go to the fair. Bill's daughter has a boat and I think they are wanting to go water skiing on Saturday and then leave for home Sat night. Sat night we are going back to the fair but have no plans for Sunday or Monday.

Stay cool, the next couple days are going to be hot!

Sharon, that is real good that Bill will be able to make a real estate deal with his property. It would be nice if you could go shopping today rather than work on the lawn. It is just too hot and humid. Well that will be nice to visit and go out to eat with his son if he gets there not too late. The fair sounds like a good weekend place to hang out.

Did you hear about the guy by you inn McHenry who found $150,000 in cash in a bag in his yard a few days ago?

Yes, the procedure was a bit rough on me, time should heal everything. Stay cool and don't work too hard.

Kathy

I did get the yard cut and also used the weed eater, and boy is it ever hot out there! I'm heading for the shower now, but had to check in one more time. I think I am becoming addicted, ha ha

We did hear about that guy finding the money, don't see how anyone can claim it, I'm sure it was ill gotten. After a period of time they should return it to the guy, at least thats what they should do. Funny that the police left a business card in the garden in case they did return.

I thought about shopping, but really didn't need anything. I am still down one more pound and hoping for another or two before the end of the week. I'll have to really watch it at the fair as they seem to have all kinds of fattening/calorie ridden foods for sale. In fact I'm kinda hoping Bill's son doesn't get here in time to go eat, can't resist that mexican food and a strawberry margarita.

Sharon, they had a piece on yesterday about how sugar effects most people with putting on weight. There are so many things that have that as an additive put into things. Good job with the 1 pound off. But like you say and I am saying it too with what they will serve at the fair and the 1 I will go to as well. So much junk is being served.

One more very hot day and then a big cool off. If that money was stolen then that guy will not get it back. But where did someone get all of that cash and throw it away in a bag. It just does not make any sense at all.

Stay cool,

Kathy

We were thinking it was probably stolen from somewhere or maybe even drug money??? Whoever lost it is feeling pretty sad right now I bet.

We did go out to dinner, only ate half of the humongous plate of food that I got. Three enchiladas smothered with cheese, with guacamole(sp) sour cream, spanish rice and beans on the side. And surprise, surprise the little GD that doesn't talk was there, talking up a storm! They had brought her friend, a little mexican boy with and she talked and talked to him. I doubt that she would talk to anyone else, but it still is an improvement from before when she would only whisper to her mother anything she wanted to say. Bill and I just about fell over, but I think they still are not going to send her to school. We are thinking there must be some kinds of tests she must take to see if she is really learning anything, hope there are because I don't think she is getting much "home schooling".

Had a good Zumba class there were 6 people there today, somewhat of an improvement. She was headed out right after class to take an Aqua Zumba class. I think that would be great to do, wish it was closer to me. You wouldn't get all sweaty like you do with regular zumba.

We're not going to the fair until later, but will go early afternoon tomorrow to look around before the other show starts. Hope it doesn't rain, we had a small shower this morning that only lasted a few minutes.

I heard another story in Mc Henry. They said this morning that 2 beaches are closed due to high levels of bacteria. That is such a sad story about the GD. Those parents don't know what they are doing to her for her later life. It is just real hot here and there is supposed to be showers tonight, but who knows. At least cooler temps for the weekend.

Now Aqua Zumba sounds like fun. Less impact on your joints and a good workout as well. Well have fun at the fair over the weekend. Relax and have a great weekend. Stay healthy and safe,

Kathy

Happy Labor Day, cooler with some rain this morning. Yesterday we ate at a restaurant at the fair we eat at every year. I had a chicken sandwich and Bill had a steak sandwich. Better than some of the fast food selections that were being offered when walking around.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, we went to the fair Friday around 4pm, got something to eat and walked around a bit before the show. It stayed hot the whole day and night. It was 82 when we got home around 10:30. Sat it rained the whole day but we got our rain ponchos out and went to the fair around 3pm. There wasn't near as many people there but still quite a few. We had seats in front of the grand stand so no roof over our heads for the show. We wore our ponchos the whole time as it kept on drizzling all night. The show was good though and it wasn't too cold. I did pretty good with eating but Sat night I got some buttered popcorn and around 2am woke up with a terrible stomach ache and proceeded to have diarrhea all night long. Sunday still did not feel good, kept having cramps, so we did not do much of anything. This morning we went to the cemetery because Bill's SIL called Sat night and said he wanted to put some of Bill's daughter/ his wife's ashes up by the family plot today. So we met him out there along with another daughter and her DH. The rest of the day has been kind of laid back. I took Tinker for a walk, picked some tomatoes and aired up my bike tires. I am feeling much better thank goodness!

Our pet sitter brought the other gal who is going to be taking care of Tinker here at the house for the couple of days that the regular pet sitter is going to be gone. She is going to stop in a couple of more times to let Tinker get to know her. The regular gal and her DH are taking her father in law to a Navy get together in Albuquerque for 2 of the days we will be gone to Michigan. This gal works with her so she should be trust worthy.

Sure is cool today, feels really refreshing, I like it!

Sharon, perhaps you got some food poising. I am glad you are feeling better. Late in the afternoon on Saturday we really got the rain and it kept on coming most of the night. Yes, it has really cooled off a lot and good to air out the house. Since Bill has that problem where he cannot eat anything with seeds we do not have popcorn anymore.

We are staying downtown on Saturday as Bill has to work the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. So we probably will have to be there around 5 am so we will not have to get up so early. It should be an interesting day with all that will be going on. They had this beam from the WTC at this fair in front of the local firehouse. They showed it on the news so I do not know if you saw it. It was much more crowed on Sunday as we usually go on Mondays.

This week should go by faster with one less day this week. No weigh-in yesterday due to the holiday.

Kathy

Another great day, weather wise here. There are so many places that are having really bad weather, flooding or fires its just terrrible. We are so lucky to have a sunny, cool and breezy day. I have some sheets hanging outside, they smell so good when you bring them in!

I'm trying to find things to either give to GoodWill or throw away, I've got way too much stuff, every shelf and corner is just packed. Don't know why its so hard to get rid of things.

Seems like there is some kind of a marathon going on all the time lately, many people are interested in running. I would like to, but think I better just stick with walking for the sake of my hips and knees.

Enjoy this lovely day, Sharon

Yes, it is a great day. Cloths do smell so much better with a clean air dry rather than dryer dry. lol I remember back in 2006 when Bill was completing his first Boston Marathon. He was about an hour past the time he was supposed to be at the finish. Well when I saw him coming around the corner for the home stretch. I was so happy I started running next to him and he said he cannot stop so apologized and said he would see me at the finish. For the block I did run I was hurting for a week. Yes, best for the both of us not to run.

Although best for people to get checked up before they do partake of activities like this. As there are many who just think they can run without training. That is why people are dropping dead. Once again diet is a major part of training. You are what you put into your body.

Kathy

That was cute, you running next to him! Were you married yet then or just going together? Seems you do things like that more in the beginning of the relationship than after you've been together for a while, sadly, but true!

This will be a short week, we will be going on that trip in a couple of weeks, and Bill is already saying how much he has to get done at work before he can leave, I keep telling him he has to scale back his work its just too much for him anymore. He brought home the signed contract for the house sale, yippee, thats one less he has to worry about.

How true Sharon, yes, we were not married at that point as we got married the following year. But it is what we went through at that time. It does not make it more or less meaningful. But when you tell the story a few years later it takes a different form.

We only have 2 more bocce games left and then the end of the season banquet. Time flyers bye.

Kathy

It certainly feels like fall is in the air doesn't it, but I think we will get a little more summer before its really over. I should be doing some things outside but instead have a coupon for Bergners that is 30% off so I think I'll go shopping for a little bit. We had a good Zumba class again today, only 4 people though so not looking too good for continued classes. She says she keeps thinking it will pick up and really, really wants to keep the place open. I'm hoping so also. The next Zumbathon is going to be in Lake Geneva in November, sounds like fun, I'm thinking maybe Bill will come too and watch and then we can go out for dinner when its over. It's always about eating isn't it, ha ha. Still holding on to the loss, working on one more pound at a time.

Sharon, now you've got it. Just work on 1 pound at a time. It is always that 1 pound anyway. All of those 1 pounds can add up to something good. You can bet that we still have some nicer days ahead of us yet. Today is a good day for shopping, so go out and have a ball.

I hope also that Chris does not fold the classes. I would think that with September upon us more will come back like before. That sounds like a plan to bring Bill with you in November and then go for dinner afterwards. I would think that there are some nice places to eat in that area.

Kathy

Kathy, I started so many things today, and didn't finish any of them except for cutting tbe grass. I started by working on a closet, from there got started trying on clothes to see if they still fit, to going through some coins in a jar to fill up a coin saver book, and going through some papers. The room looks like a disaster hit it, I will have to work on it again tomorrow. Too bad about the bocce game, do they give any kind of prize to the winners? Did I tell you I sent the money in for the reunion so looks like we will go, more reason to lose a few more pounds. . . One at a time ha ha