Bottled water on ships? Can you purchase? cost?

I was going to bring bottled water on the ship but was wondering if it woudl be easier to just buy on the ship. Do they offer it? Anyone know about what the cost is? Anyone know how safe the water to drink on the ship is? I drink a ton of water. :-)

Thanks!

The water on NCL ships is really quite good....and it gets better when at sea for a few days because they make their own.

Bottled water is available on board. What I remember was large bottles (1 liter) and expensive ($4 or so), like Perrier in the U.S. Since a can of Pepsi costs about $2.25, if they happen to have small bottles of water on your cruise, I would expect the same kind of pricing.

You will probably see some other passengers refilling their own bottles with the ship's water while on your cruise...you can do the same or bring a travel mug and use that. If you do refill from the buffet area, please dispense the water in to one of the NCL glasses and then pour from that in to your bottle....please don't put the neck of your bottle in touch with the water dispenser outlet.

A ship's tap water is better than the water bottled by bottling companies... Bring some aboard and refill the bottles with the ship's tap water, or buy a bottle aboard and refill from the tap...

While some bottled water comes from springs, the vast majority is filtered city tap water... The tap water aboard a ship uses the same filtering process... Furthermore the tap water aboard is monitored more than the bottling companies water...

I'm extremely picky about my water. The first cruise, I brought a case (didn't even try the ships water). Then went on the ship tour and seen they use a method to purify it, similar to what I would presume bottled water plants do. The second cruise, I still brought a case and this time ventured to try it. Mind you I did drink it cold (thats the way I like my water) as we had a fridge in our cabin, but they fill your ice bucket twice a day anyway. If someone had poured me 2 glasses, one with bottled and one with ship, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

My opinion on my own "water challenge" - don't waste your time and money buying.

Thanks so much everyone! I usually never drink bottled water unless I have to as I have my own filter system at home but was not sure of the filter system on the boats. I shall just fill a bottle with ships water as I am bringing protien shakes and green super food powder where I will need water to mix my drinks in the morning. :-)

I bring a few empty bottles and fill them on board. Also a few insulated travel mugs make it easy. The water in the faucets is also great for my bipap machine and leaves no residue in the bottle when used. It is purified by reverse osmosis.

I bring a few empty bottles and fill them on board. Also a few insulated travel mugs make it easy. The water in the faucets is also great for my bipap machine and leaves no residue in the bottle when used. It is purified by reverse osmosis.

all ship water is purified by reverse osmosis? Where is a good place to fill up water bottles? Bathroom sink ok? is it same purified water?

Archived