Avis Dock 8

Cruiser199965

For anyone arriving Southampton with reservations with Avis to pick up Dock 8 that location has been shut down. Avis pick up now is at Southampton airport and per my conversation with Avis here in the States there is no shuttle. Anyone with car rental needs should look at Enterprise. Have a happy and safe voyage.

Thanks for this info. Have a car booked with Avis. Which Entreprise pick up location did you use for Southampton? I see they have three. Is one at the port?

Avis left the port over a year ago and there is no car hire company there, Enterprise are a short cab ride away.

I can highly recommend Enterprise (We will pick you up), having used them before all you need to do is when you clear customs, call the local office, give them your details and someone will be dispatched to pick you up, this service is free!

They may not however arrive in the car that you booked, but it will be waiting for you at their depot. If your also dropping of a car they will also drive you to the port, Depending on the space you wont need to unload till you get to the port.

Beats me why anybody would want to use a car hire firm and then have to fork out for a taxi after that...

If like me you travel quite heavy, they also do van rental..I never thought l would leave QE2 in a fort transit van.

The branch BITTERNE ROAD WEST are perhaps the closest.

Archived