Please help with hotel/parking!!

Conwaycruiser

We were on the Conquest 12/03, we drove in the night before and stayed at the Naval Support Activity Center(my DH is in the military) and drove to the port the next morning where we parked next to the terminal. It was very easy and convenient. I have been reading the boards and have seen a lot of complaints about parking, expensive hotels, etc. There will be four of us on the Sensation 4/9/05, we are currently booked at the above place which is across the river(at a more expensive rate since DH is not going on this trip).

My number one priorty is convenience and number two is price! Should I stay somewhere that offers a place to keep our car during the cruise or what?

Can anybody tell me specifically what would be the easiest thing to do about

staying and/or parking for around 150.00 or less? Thanks

It is always more convenient to stay near the pier. However, at this late date, it might be difficult for you to find any rooms in that area. I would do a search for available rooms first. There are several garages and lots near the pier. The Fulton St. garage, the Riverside Hilton and some outdoor lots. A lot of people have used Machu Pichu tours to park their cars and be transported to the pier. Check out their website for info:

http://www.machupicchutours.com/

I hope this helps. Have fun in our city!

My advice is to be careful! My friend cruising with us tried to park in Fulton Street Garage early in the day on March 6 and they told her they were only open to Norweigan cruisers. So she parked in the Holiday Inn French Quarter garage with us. We had purchased the park and cruise special. Her car was broken into during the cruise, glass everywhere. I personally didn't care for the hotel. I though it was not real clean and the area around it was just plain scary to me and my children. My advice is to avoid this package deal and MAKE SURE Fulton street is open to any cruise passengers before you make that plan A.

Archived