Weekend cruise over Christmas

jking917

This year we decided to book a weekend cruise during Christmas. Since Christmas falls on a day that we are out to sea, we are wondering if Carnival does anything special on Christmas day? My kids are too old for Santa but doesnt mean I wouldnt mind seeing him. Plus is the ship decorated?

The ship will be decorated with trees and garlands all over the ship.

We had a "Holiday Show" last Christmas season, but Santa's name was all over the show, despite the politically correct name. They read a story to the kids and each age of kid participated in the show. the two youngest ages had reindeer things on top of their heads and were so cute and each group did something, usually a song as a group.

I thought it was really a nice show. Afterwards they took pictures on santas lap and the ever present photographers took pictures. I didnt like that commercial part of it, but I bet they sold those pictures.

I got off the ship 3 days before christmas so I cant say what my ship did on christmas day itself. This show was the sunday before chrismtmas, last sea day, middle of the afternoon on sunday, not a show at night.

This year we decided to book a weekend cruise during Christmas. Since Christmas falls on a day that we are out to sea, we are wondering if Carnival does anything special on Christmas day? My kids are too old for Santa but doesnt mean I wouldnt mind seeing him. Plus is the ship decorated?

We have now cruised on 2 'Christmas Cruises' which included Christmas Day, and they have a Christmas dinner available along with other selections for dinner. The ships are fully decorated, and in our instances, there was an area for people to observe Hanukkah traditions as well (a menorah lighting ceremony etc.)

There is a Christmas show (as noted by firefly), usually done around 4pm ... watch for the announcement in the Fun Times delivered to your cabin each night (for the next day).

We cruised over Christmas and spent Christmas Eve day at Paradise Beach. I'm not going to lie - it didn't feel like Christmas at all. We spent Christmas day on the ship (sea day) and while the ship was decorated, we didn't feel like it was Christmas. We did see Santa, and I got a great shot of him picking up my 6'1" 17 year old DS up off the ground. It's one of my favorite pictures from that cruise.

We won't plan another cruise over Christmas but I'm glad we did it once.

We always go either right before or right after Christmas...never on the actual holiday, reserve that for extended family gatherings. There is a definite festive air about the ship. Lots of decorations, holiday themed shows and I recall on Princess a photo opportunity with a holiday themed backdrop, had that printed and sent as our Christmas card that year.

Archived