Not interested in StingRays...

kenandteri

Hi! Going on the Inspiration in October to Grand Cayman (myself, DH and 2 other couples - all in our mid forties). Looking for something fun to do while in Grand Cayman - but not interested in interacting with any sealife (stinfrays, turtles, dolphins, etc). Prefer not to book excursion through Carnival. In Cozumel we are going to Nachi Cocum - love the beach break/all-inclusive atmosphere, but might be up for something a little more active in Grand Cayman. DH and I went to GC about 12 years ago on a cruise and I just remember it being a little boring...

Any suggestions are welcome!

I'm trying to find a company who would take us on a tour of the east side and allow us to spend some time at Rum Point. We've seen the stingrays twice now, so that's off my list. It seems like ALL of the excursions involve swimming with stingrays!!

I think your best bet would be to head over to Seven Mile Beach and have another beach day....

Horseback riding on the beach, jetski tour to Rum Point and Starfish Beach, "Safari" (complete misnomer) of the East End of the island, Rent a car and tour yourselves: stop at Botanic Park, Blow holes (if there is surf), Pedro St. James historic house and scenic cliffs, Rum Point, etc...

We rented a Jeep, put the top down and drove to Rum Point. Got there nice and early, got a perfect spot on the beach and had a great day.

Didn't have enough time to make stops on the way back, but had a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Going on the Inspiration in October to Grand Cayman (myself, DH and 2 other couples - all in our mid forties). Looking for something fun to do while in Grand Cayman - but not interested in interacting with any sealife (stinfrays, turtles, dolphins, etc). Prefer not to book excursion through Carnival. In Cozumel we are going to Nachi Cocum - love the beach break/all-inclusive atmosphere, but might be up for something a little more active in Grand Cayman. DH and I went to GC about 12 years ago on a cruise and I just remember it being a little boring...

Any suggestions are welcome!

We rented Jeeps and drove around the island. It was great. If you decide to do this however you will find left hand drive cars, just like in the States, but you drive on the left hand side of the road, just like in England. You really have to be concious of what you are doing at all times. Have a great trip!

So, it's looking like (after a lot of research!) - if we don't make a stop at stingray city (AGAIN!) or rent a car, we're not going to be able to make it over to Rum Point again..... I'm a bit sad about that! (we don't want to spend $100 + in cab fares either.) I wish these tour companys in GC would wake up and realize that a lot of us have "been there, done that" with the rays or aren't interested in seeing them in the first place! :mad:

I suggest the jeep rental as well. The island has some BEAUTIFUL scenery and beaches along the coasts. Put the top down and head east, follow the road around the eastern shore and spend a couple hours at Rum Point. It's an easy island to drive around, almost impossible to get lost, but just make sure that you drive on the left!

Archived