Tip Servers at Capt's Party?

edbro

I know when buying drinks that gratuity is included. When getting free drinks at the past members function or the Captain's Party should the servers be tipped for each drink?

I don't have a problem doing so, I just want to know the expectations.

You will get served more drinks if you are tipping .. if you want more drinks or ordering from the bar, go to the bar and tip the bar tender directly too.. though it works with the servers too. My friend got several martinis at the farewell party.

I just realized you are asking about the nonexistent captains party which was changed to the farewell party at 5 pm the last sea day.

My wife, myself, brother and sister inlaw attended this party, we were also trying to make the most of our time in there if you know what I mean.

When the waiter came up I put a Ten on his tray and told him to just keep coming back to our table. Sure enough, every 5 minutes he was there with another tray of the drinks we chose from the first tray.

Tipping paid off, we got a crap ton of drinks and only had about 45 minutes.

Tips never hurt, but I found that in order to get the most free drinks is to watch where they are all coming in and out from, and hang out close to that area. If you sit in the center of an isle you will get far fewer drinks. Location Location Location :-P

If there was me and another person I'd start with $10 perhaps, and then follow up with another $10 if I was receiving a lot of drinks. Small price to pay for a lot of free drinks!

Do what you will but 20 bucks is a lot to pay for "free drinks".icon7.gif

Do what you will but 20 bucks is a lot to pay for "free drinks".icon7.gif

For one other person and myself I think that $10 is very reasonable. The additional $10 is if I'm getting a 'healthy' amount of drinks. I tend to tip on the high side if I receive good service.

$20 is extremely generous, I’m sure they appreciate it very much. I don’t think however that you need to tip that much, a couple of bucks goes along way esp. since almost no one tips at those things.

You are absolutely correct; you don't need to tip that much. It is just my personal choice if I am happy with the server...I don't always do that much.

I really had never thought about tipping at the parties, as we don't drink booze, but location must be important, as the waiters came down the center aisle, and then into the row, and we were in the middle and never got anything. We moved to the back bar, and flagged down someone who then informed us they were out of fruit punch and we paid, yes PAID for a coke.

When getting free drinks at the past members function or the Captain's Party
Since there are no more free drinks at the Captain's Party, the tip is included when you sign the slip.

My wife, myself, brother and sister inlaw attended this party, we were also trying to make the most of our time in there if you know what I mean.

When the waiter came up I put a Ten on his tray and told him to just keep coming back to our table. Sure enough, every 5 minutes he was there with another tray of the drinks we chose from the first tray.

Tipping paid off, we got a crap ton of drinks and only had about 45 minutes.

I've done this on the last few cruises, and it worked out well. A nice $10 bill from us when he wasn't getting jack from everyone else ensured that we were his first stop once he loaded his tray up.

Free LITTLE drinks at that

See this is what I was thinking. If you tip so high for such small drinks, isn't it really no different/less expensive than just buying a full sized on lido (or wherever) and tipping accordingly?

:shrug

I know when buying drinks that gratuity is included. When getting free drinks at the past members function or the Captain's Party should the servers be tipped for each drink?

I don't have a problem doing so, I just want to know the expectations.

there are no free drinks at the captains party.

Archived