Gumbalimba Park...help!!!

xanax

All I want to do is hold a monkey! Is that too much to ask?:confused:

I've been in correspondence with the park, but they are closed to the public on tues/weds due to private tours with cruises. I'm on a cruise (Valor in October), but the only closest excursion is to Tabyana. Does anyone know if Gumbalimba is attached to this or in walking distance or if they will even let me in.

Thanks in advance!!!

Karen

I can't help you with your question, but.....I have one of my own! Is this park in Roatan?? If so, I'm going to go there on my next cruise. I have always wanted to hold a monkey too!!! Can you give me more information about this park and what you have to do to hold a monkey?? Thanks!!

You can hold a monkey for free in Roatan in West End at the Argentinian restaurant.....just ask anywhere in West End and you will be pointed to the right place. It's easy to find! There are two monkeys in cages...but one is out and about. Careful though, he'll jump in your purse and steal things! He's a real clown and a lot of fun.

Jump IN my purse. Wow, must be a teeny monkey. How cute.

I read some bits in the Ports of Call area, but the activity is much greater over here. I will check out the west end, but was hoping for park info, it supposed to be a nice little refuge for "jump on your shoulder" monkeys AND parrots.

Well, let me clarify - my "purse" was actually a big huge beach bag! Sorry for the confusion......hope the Park works out for you, but if not - this might be a compromise at least. Have fun, you'll love Roatan! I tried to attach a picture of this monkey - but can't get it to post. E-mail me if you'd like to see the little guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived