Allure of the Seas with Kids (June 2011)

They really do know how to handle the guest on this front. Whole thing tokk less than 15 minutes from dropping bags, getting photos, and heading up to our home for the week.

We got there around 11ish. My wife, 10 year old daughter and 5 year old son, and myself. We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale Friday and Saturday (at the Courtyard FL Beach, good place with nice views).

Had a good few days there... if you are going to be there try the water taxi for a great way to see things and stop at different places, we also did the Museum of Science/Discovery at the river walk area from the water taxi. We had one good crew taht gave lots of neat insight into the houses there, etc.

But this is about the Allure...

emark.jpg.7459e8b6b41068514af0e009ac7ca882.jpg

embark2.jpg.280544bbb2c5a8625280aa49293fc4c4.jpg

1065371533_allurefromdazzles.jpg.6311998820628aaf99cb9aecea14826a.jpg

I am new at this. I need to find out how to post photo like others... I have a ton and these are not really going uo the way I would like...

Thanks

You need to find a site like Photobucket to host your photos. Load the photos there and then copy and paste the IMG code here in the body of the message.

It will look like this. Good luck.

Allure-Voyager1.jpg

Katherine-- Our kids absolutely loved the ship. My daughter was crying because we had to leave, and was begging for us to do a B2B trip and head off for another week.

I wanted to as well, but somehow these things must get paid for (and back to work for me).

We are looking forward to sailing again on the Allure... we could not do everything and I had a pretty solid game plan. As others mention, you absolutely must pre-book shows, alternate dining, etc.

If you can't make one... they will give it away to some one who is there and really wants to go-- so it works out. We did everything that we booked with the exception of the comedy show (which is for adults only) and for us was scheduled for 7:30PM on Friday after Cozumel.

We arrive to Port Everglades shortly after 11AM, and quickly had luggage dropped off with porters, made it inside and checked-in and had photo's taken and we were on the gangway within 10-15 minutes.

Amazingly fast and easy and just like we had read about.

We got on board and our cabin was not to be ready until after 1PM. We enterered on the Royal Promenade where musicians were playing and those onbaording were milling around. This ship is beautiful.

cruisetrip073.jpg

We rode the aft elevators to our deck (9)

cruisetrip077.jpg

and the hallway door was closed and marked that staterooms were not ready until 1PM.

We looked into Dazzles (to see our Boardwalk Balcony),

cruisetrip079.jpg

and then headed back down to the Boardwalk area for a ride on the Carousel (the first of the sailing) and some hotdogs!

cruisetrip093.jpg

We booked the Fiesta at 6PM so we went back to the cabin after sail away, set the iphone to not data roam and got ready for our dinner. We found our Pandemonium coupons and headed off to dinner. I think we were the last ones to arrive for dinner and got seated promptly and the food and fun began to flow. Great way to start off if you ask me.

We had MTD so I was not that worried about meeting our servers, etc in the MDR and this worked out well. Plus, I thought there might be a lot of chaos/confusion for the first night at dinner in the MDR. Probably not, but just more justification for Rita's for me. It was a blast-- kids had fun. Dance contest, music and very interactive. And probably the best drink deal on board for the week. Three Margaritas (or beer) and dinner to $20 buck for adults, $10 for kids...sans margaritas although there were some fun virgin drinks for them.

We then went to the Create a Pet at Sea store-- next to the carousel, and my son used the coupon and we bought another one for my daughter ($19.95). Like build a bear, but better quality and the kids got to put a wishing star inside their new stuff animals. Nice staff member and fun thing for the five and ten year old.

We then headed off to see Chicago which we had at 9:00. We got there early and had front row seats. It was very high quality production, Broadway caliber. Our son (5YO) fell asleep before it ended, but the 10 year old was wide-eyed and loved it. We had no issues with bringing the kids to the show... it does have a qualification that there are some adult themes, etc. but other than a bad words that our kids have probably heard at school or seen at the playground & the plot which has some violence and murder it was easily handled by discussion and frankly some of it was over their heads.

My daughter has been in the performing arts since an early age, and both children have been around theater and concerts for years. Now, if either had been upset or made noise, cried/whined we would not hesitate to remove them from the theater and head back to the cabin. We did not experience any of that from our kids or others at this show-- and it repeatedly was my daughter's favorite as we asked everyday what had been the favorite thing she had done.

I get up early and was ready to go. Room was very comfortable and everyone slept well. Turn down was solid and chocolates, and the towel animals were nice.

We had stopped by the Adventure Ocean the afternoon before to get the kids registered and become familair with it. So we decided they should go there early in the week anyway so that they would feel at ease with it and to hopefully meet some friends there own age.

Our five year old boy absolutely loved it, and was always eager to go back. Our 10-year old daughter had mixed reviews. She was fine with it, and seem to enjoy it when she was there but I think she felt like that age set was a little bit below where she wanted to be. The RCL TV channel showed information about the programs and the next level up the young teen age group I think looked a lot more appealing to her-- since they had a lounge, and more freedom.

I think this age group is hard (My daughter's age)... fourth/fifth graders who think they are 15 or 16! Both met other kids that they would greet the remainder of the week and that was fun for them. They went back several more (3-4) times and at various times during the week-- and that was a nice break for them and for us.

We headed to the Solarium for a short-break that first morning.

We then headed off to see Chicago which we had at 9:00. We got there early and had front row seats. It was very high quality production, Broadway caliber. Our son (5YO) fell asleep before it ended, but the 10 year old was wide-eyed and loved it. We had no issues with bringing the kids to the show... it does have a qualification that there are some adult themes, etc. but other than a bad words that our kids have probably heard at school or seen at the playground & the plot which has some violence and murder it was easily handled by discussion and frankly some of it was over their heads.

My daughter has been in the performing arts since an early age, and both children have been around theater and concerts for years. Now, if either had been upset or made noise, cried/whined we would not hesitate to remove them from the theater and head back to the cabin. We did not experience any of that from our kids or others at this show-- and it repeatedly was my daughter's favorite as we asked everyday what had been the favorite thing she had done.

Sounds very much like my situation, only my kids are a little older (13 and 16). We were front row center for the last show. DD13 has been doing competitive dance for several years and was VERY interested in seeing Chicago. We explained the story line ahead of time and warned them about what they would see (based on us seeing the movie). As you said, nothing that they haven't seen/heard before (although I doubt that anything went over my kids heads). My daughter also agrees that Chicago was the best thing she did the entire week.

We did the Move it, Move it Parade-- and found a place near the Rising Tides (floating) bar... close to the bottom of the steps going to deck five...fun time and entertaining. Not exactly the best spot...but the whole parade did go by.

Also, we did the kids cupcake decorating class this day. Kids loved it, had fun and got to have a treat, too. Yum. These cupcakes are really good. We went back later in the week to cash in one the Pandamonium coupon for another one. Five year old still has a way to go before opening his own bakery!

Before the class and after the parade-- my daughter and I did the rock climbing wall... it was cool. I recommend trying some of these things earlier in the week. There was not much of a line at the climbing wall on the Aft Port side early this afternoon.

cruisetrip351.jpg

Archived