CD Michael Heala?

SilvertoGold

We met Michael Headla on a cruise sometime in the past year; forget which one. He is unusual in that he didn't come "up through the usual ranks" which often start with Club HAL then the entertainment staff, maybe the DJ and then a CD promotion. He is a polished, experienced profession in show production and dance; used to work for Dolly Parton's Gatlinburg TN attraction. We found him to be a good cruise director although as I remember it, he didn't get involved in the Cruise Critic Meet/Greet although he was invited. One can't fault that though; often other things are scheduled that staff must tend to.

He did hold a morning coffee each sea day where a crew member was invited to come and talk a bit about his/her job and answer questions; it was quite enjoyable.

Thanks for responding and providing so much interesting info. Sounds good. There seem to more CDs who aren't coming up through the ranks now. I really appreciate a good CD and I look forward to seeing Mr Heala in action.

Thanks again.

Had him on Ryndam in early April......He held " bathrobe bingo ' at mid day in Crows Nest {{{ see other blogs re when and where to be seen in a bathrobe on a HAL ship }}} which I thought out of line , but otherwise he was fine . I was very pleased he did not read the entire daily program to us at 1 pm and 4 pm as some do !!!!!. He was the low key type which is what I expect on HAL. In sum an 8 [[ bingo nixed the 9 ]]

We had him several years ago. He is the hardest working and most likeable CD we've had. He even came to say goodbye as we all disembarked. He was always "out and about" and available.

Kathleen

Has anyone heard of this Cruise Director? I did a search and can find nothing at all about him, so I assume he is new. HAL appears to be hiring a lot of new CDs lately.

Just wondering if anyone has any info.

Thanks!

Cd's are so annoying, please don't make them important..

Archived