Do you smoke?

jdcml

Do you smoke?  

924 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes
    • No

Then they should just implement the change........why put up the results of a silly poll?

Because they are trying to justify there actions and appease the constant complainers.

I personally think this poll is skewed. The poll could have taken by asking the room steward's. What are the chances of this poll coming out 90/10?

The only thing that pizzes me off is the ruling on the Cigar Bar and Sports Bar.:mad:

Regarding the smoking issue, given time, this will "all blow over!". (Weak pun, in case you missed it). A few years back in Florida where I now reside, the issue of smoking in restaurants was the most important thing in the world. All the restaurants were going to close if smoking was not allowed. The law was passed and smoking has been banned in restaurants. Restaurants have not closed.

Maybe .......................... just maybe .............. there is some thing to be learned here.

Regarding the smoking issue, given time, this will "all blow over!". (Weak pun, in case you missed it). A few years back in Florida where I now reside, the issue of smoking in restaurants was the most important thing in the world. All the restaurants were going to close if smoking was not allowed. The law was passed and smoking has been banned in restaurants. Restaurants have not closed.

Maybe .......................... just maybe .............. there is some thing to be learned here.

Completely agree. Humans are pretty good at adapting to a changing environment.

Same thing in our local jurisdiction in bars. "How can you prohibit smoking in bars?" people asked, no one will go. It turned out the non-smokers liked going to bars even more and the smokers just got used to it. Now they're setting minimum distances from entrances and air intakes that you must stand if you want to smoke outside the bars.

Because they are trying to justify there actions and appease the constant complainers.

I personally think this poll is skewed. The poll could have taken by asking the room steward's. What are the chances of this poll coming out 90/10?

The only thing that pizzes me off is the ruling on the Cigar Bar and Sports Bar.:mad:

I don't think it had anything to do with the complainers......no need to justify the facts and reality.........

I don't smoke (anymore), but my hubby does. This will be our first cruise coming up in July and for a change I'm glad I do the trip research because he doesn't know what the smoking rules were, so he won't realize they were changed unless he hears someone else beefing on board :)

I used to smoke & don't knock anybody who does because I know what the urges feel like, but admittedly I don't miss it and will be glad to not have to be in a cloud of smoke at many places on the ship.

So .. thanks Carnival.

Doesn't anyone smoke pipes anymore:confused: With tobacco:cool:

Too much work for the instant gratification generation.

Your post made me think of my father who passed away many years ago. Thanks.

Doesn't anyone smoke pipes anymore:confused: With tobacco:cool:

Wow now there is something that can really stink , and this coming from a cigar smoker. I used to work in a grocery store way way back when on a night crew and we knew the minute this one guy walked in the store with his pipe it was the worst smelling thing I have ever smelled , I have no idea what kind of tobacco he used , must have been homegrown:eek::eek::D

Your average cruiser is better educated and more weathy than the average American, and as statistically proven, the percentages for smoking decrease as education and wealth increases.

That's an assumption and I don't blame you for making it because a thinking person would assume that people who vacation are doing OK financially..... I mean, it makes sense, right??

However...look around you on your next CCL cruise then start a conversation or two. You would be surprised what people tell you and I can tell you that there are some people who cruise that are in no financial position to do so.

That's an assumption and I don't blame you for making it because a thinking person would assume that people who vacation are doing OK financially..... I mean, it makes sense, right??

However...look around you on your next CCL cruise then start a conversation or two. You would be surprised what people tell you and I can tell you that there are some people who cruise that are in no financial position to do so.

True - some of them don't appear to be even "middle" class (as in, they still buy used tires for their pick-up)...

Not that that's a bad thing - just an observation!

If they can scrape together the $ for a cruise, then more power to 'em! :)

Tom

I'm one of those gray area people. I don't routinely smoke cigarettes, but I do enjoy occasional cigars and hookah. I generally smoke once or twice a week. I certainly never smoke cigars in my house, and would not want to in my cabin either. So I answered yes to the poll, just because I'm not a total no. Oddly enough, my insurance still considers me a non smoker. :cool:

With regard to the new policies, I have mixed feelings. It doesn't affect me whether passengers can smoke in the rooms. It does bother me that they are getting rid of the cigar bars. Cigar smoking is a relaxing social affair, to be shared with others over drinks and in a comfortable place. I can only hope that they make the discos as inviting as the cigar lounges were.

... I can only hope that they make the discos as inviting as the cigar lounges were.

Something about near aerobic activity levels (for some) and smoke in the air. Also, my previous tale of Cheryl being burned by a smoker on the dance floor. Smoking and the Disco... should not be mixed. But keep in mind that's the opinion of a non-smoker!!!

:confused:

Tom

Archived