Cold Soups for Dinner in the Lido?

SilvertoGold

We have never once had dinner in the Lido, but will be trying this on the next cruise. One big question: does the Lido regularily have the cold soups that are on the Dining Room menu? Really, really do not want to miss even one of those cold soups!

Thanks!

Cold soup at Lido dinner depends on the ship and the cruise. The Westerdam didn't have it last month, but we've got it on the Statendam last fall. The Westerdam did have almost everything else that was served in the MDR. The cold soups are among our favorite HAL foods.

Sorry but you just jogged my memory. I had a great Strawberry Peppercorn cold soup on the Nieuw Amsterdam! It was the first time I'd ever tried a cold soup, and now, I'm going to be sure to have them whenever they are offered (at least the fruit based ones! lol).

I don't recall ever seeing them in the Lido, but then again, we spent most nights in the MDR for dinner.

Have a great cruise.

I had the cold soup in the Lido on the Statendam last week. It was closer to room temperature though as it apparently had been sitting awhile.

My general perception after last week is that the MDR is maintaining its quality, but the Lido is slipping quite a bit. Not enough people; food quality not as good as past cruises.

Archived