Silly question...

acruisingpeach23

To move up to the next level of membership one needs to accumulate a certain number of cruises/or sea days so my question is when they mean sea days do they mean days that your at sea (like when your not at a port) or is every day of your cruise considered a sea day?

Every day you are on a cruise counts towards your status. So a 7 day cruise is 7 days. :)

Every cruise counts as a cruise credit. A suite (booking and paying, not upgraded) counts as 2 cruise credits. If you're a solo traveler and book a suite, you get 3 cruise credits.

The rule says sea days to distinguish from the days spent as part of a cruise tour. Alaska is a notable example. You could book a cruisetour that included 7 days on the ship (at sea) and 3+ days on land in Alaska. Only the days on the ship (at sea) count towards your status.

So if you take a 1 day or 3 day coastal cruise it counts as 1 more cruise in your Captains Circle account right? My mom is real close to Elite and I told her I thought this was the case. She would have to leave out of LA/San Pedro and fly home from another port.(so I think this is what is stopping her from booking)

If I start my 5th cruise (a 7 day) with 48 cruise days behind me, meaning by day 3 of my 5th cruise I hit the magic 51st day, on that day do I become Platinum and start to enjoy the rewards that come with that? Or do I have to wait until the NEXT cruise to do that?

If I start my 5th cruise (a 7 day) with 48 cruise days behind me, meaning by day 3 of my 5th cruise I hit the magic 51st day, on that day do I become Platinum and start to enjoy the rewards that come with that? Or do I have to wait until the NEXT cruise to do that?

I believe it will occur mid-cruise. It happened to someone we just cruised with on the Crown.

Officially its next cruise, but sometimes the CC host will notice and adapt. For example you might get an invite to the Platinum events, but maybe not the free internet because the total doesn't update in the system until the full cruise posts, its not updated daily.

Hi I like the sound of these benefits however as a newbie to cruising can someone explain how many cruises and nights on shi i need to qualify and how many to move up the list?

Thanks Melissa:):):):)

Hi I like the sound of these benefits however as a newbie to cruising can someone explain how many cruises and nights on shi i need to qualify and how many to move up the list?

Thanks Melissa:):):):)

Blue status: first time Princess passenger

Gold status: After your first cruise on Princess

Platinum status: After earning 5 cruise credits* or having 50 days on Princess. Benefits start the following cruise after meeting the criteria.

*Basically, a cruise credit is one cruise. However, if you book a cabin as a single, you will get an extra cruise credit. If you book a suite, you get an extra cruise credit. If you take just two voyages as a single in a suite, you will have six credits and have platinum status.

Elite status: Platinum status: After earning 15 cruise credits* or having 150 days on Princess. Benefits start the following cruise after meeting the criteria.

You will get your Platinum package at the end of the cruise (usually last full day), but you will not be officially Platinum until you sail on your next cruise or use the perks. Captain's Circle Hosts do make exceptions but they are almost always on the longer cruises.

I turned Elite on day 3 (150 days, but was also my 15th cruise coincidentally) and won't be able to use the perks until our cruise this December.

Every day you are on a cruise counts towards your status. So a 7 day cruise is 7 days. :)

Every cruise counts as a cruise credit. A suite (booking and paying, not upgraded) counts as 2 cruise credits. If you're a solo traveler and book a suite, you get 3 cruise credits.

Thanks, RebelSoul. My wife and I are going on our first ever Princess cruise this November so the info you provided is very helpful to us.

We are booked into a full suite for the 10-day Souther Caribbean cruise on Emerald Princess. If I understand your post correctly, at the end of that cruise my wife and I will both have two cruise credits instead of one. My only question is whether the double credit applies to the sea days as well as the number of cruises? At the end of the 10-day cruise wil we each have 10 cruise days or is the credit doubled to 20?

Thanks again...Gazelle2

We are booked into a full suite for the 10-day Souther Caribbean cruise on Emerald Princess. If I understand your post correctly, at the end of that cruise my wife and I will both have two cruise credits instead of one. My only question is whether the double credit applies to the sea days as well as the number of cruises? At the end of the 10-day cruise wil we each have 10 cruise days or is the credit doubled to 20?

No, cruise days will not be doubled. You will each have 10 days at the end of a ten day cruise.

I turned Elite on the 2nd day of a 12-day cruise. No dice. I wasn't Elite until I'd completed the cruise and I got the perks on the next cruise.

You get one cruise credit per passenger for each cruise, whether it's a 3-day cruise or 28-day cruise. However, those 28 days counts towards accumulating "cruise days" to earn the next level. IMHO, it's not a fair system when a 3-day cruise is equal to a 28-day cruise.

Gazelle, the two credits count the same as if you took two cruises at the same time regardless of the length of the cruise and are unrelated to the number of days cruised. You will each have two credits for being booked in the suite (full suite, not mini-suite) and the actual number of days cruised. If it's a 7-day cruise, you'll each have seven days.

Archived