sorry to have to leave carnival

wol cruiser

:(I have been on 3 cruises with carnival and have loved them all! Now I have booked a b2b on rcl. I would love to have booked it with carnival but unfortunately they don't ever seem to change there entertainment and shows. I really enjoyed there shows but not enough to see them over and over and over! How does everyone on here go on multiple cruises a year on carnival and not get tired of the fact that they don't change up there shows! I really hope they change them one day so I can return because I love everything else about carnival and can only hope I have half as good of time on rcl:confused:

For me, the shows are so corny and ridiculous that i dont even go.

I do like the comedian, but thats the only show i go to.

I'd rather spend my time dancing, gambling, playing in the arcade, laying out, eating, etc. over watching the shows.

And, because carnival caters to such a 'first time cruiser' demographic, the repeated shows arent one of their concerns.

:(I have been on 3 cruises with carnival and have loved them all! Now I have booked a b2b on rcl. I would love to have booked it with carnival but unfortunately they don't ever seem to change there entertainment and shows. I really enjoyed there shows but not enough to see them over and over and over! How does everyone on here go on multiple cruises a year on carnival and not get tired of the fact that they don't change up there shows! I really hope they change them one day so I can return because I love everything else about carnival and can only hope I have half as good of time on rcl:confused:

k

cya

buh-bye

Different ships = different shows.

Let us know how seeing the same shows on a b2b works out for you. :confused:

It's quite easy, actually... I avoid all shows like the plague.

As someone mentioned above, there are far too many things I would rather do on a ship than watch a show... I also find them corny as all get out.

Who plans their cruises around a show anyway??? (Besides my grandparents, lol.) Would you rather not be out on a deck enjoying the night air, etc.?

You booked one B2B .. thats not leaving Carnival, thats changing it up this next time.

Im one who cruises fairly often, and I got Carnival'd out. Luckily my next 4 or 5 are on RCL, then Im back for 2 on Carnival.

One B2B isnt forever.

I have to say that I have only cruised once before with Carnival and I am going on my next cruise in a couple of months and I can't wait!! Who cares about the shows! Live life and have fun..... don't plan around one simple show that's a repeat!!

Good luck!

I have not travelled on Carnival yet, however, I think you will be disappointed in Royals because the shows are so terrible that I cannot sit through the entire production. (yes, I know that it is terrible to leave in the middle of the show, however after all, it is all about me :).

I don't know if they do this but it would seem to me that they could create different shows for different ships and then rotate the shows every few months to other ships so people woudn't tire of them as quickly.

Since my first cruise is coming up, I will probably try to catch a few of them, depends on what I find happening at the same time the shows are and what I want to do more.

I think I read somewhere that they only change the shows once every year or two. They're so expensive to produce, it doesn't make sense to change them more often.

Its more like every 3-5 years. The shows are multimillion dollar productions, so its not cost effective to spend that much and only have it for one or two years.

I understand that shows are important to this OP (although not to me I just get up and leave or not go at all) but everybody is different. I can tell you the shows are so much better on RC, higher quality and are of production shows unlike the cheesy "shows" that carnival gives you...lets see its always that juggler....game shows etc.... you know shows that notbody ever heard of...but RC does offer shows that run in real life right now they showing Saturday Night Fever, Hairspray and Chicago to name a few on certain ships. I think you will like the shows much better on RC. I not sure and cannot recall if I ever seen in all my carnival cruises a show so amazing than the ones I seen on RC.

As for me I left Carnival because of the drastic cuts regarding the food/quality/selection offered. I not going to cruise and eat a flat iron steak when I can go on RC or other cruise lines that will give me NY strip nightly and I not going to want to see meatloaf or friend chicken on the dinner menu that Carnival has just put forth. I won't see this on RC dinner menu....and other cruise lines menus so for me food is important and so is the service and the overall cleaninless of the ship. The outdoor deck party on Carnival is always mexican food...on RC you get grilled to order steaks, chicken, pork, suckling pig and other meats. . Service is remarkable overall on RC and Carnival is a hit or miss....RC cocktails/beer/wine is less costly than Carnival...both cruise lines have very well kept clean ships....so for me I continue not to choose Carnival until they improve a bit on items that are important to me. So hear ya OP.

Enjoy Royal. They have a good product and great, GREAT, past guest program

Thats what Ive been doing for my last 5 cruises, as I got burnt out on Carnival. I will cruise again with Carnival after the Magic makes its way to TX.

Im not loyal to any cruise line as Im booked on NCL next.

A B2B is a great way to see all the entertainment on baord and not feel like you missed anything.

My question to the OP..... you have only done Carnival 3 times and have seen the same show. Did you also see the same entertainers all 3 cruises? Did you also cruise on the same ship?

I am not sure why everyone has to blast the Op. Gosh you really can't say much on here without getting flamed. I kinda agree, we have been on a few Carnival Cruises, I am even going on one this September. But it really is the same thing, same contests, same menus, same peach rooms, ect. everytime. We are going to try Royal Caribbean in March 2012. I would like to see what else is out there and also get a little variety. Just like I don't want to eat at my favorite restaurant every Friday. Will I cruise Carnival again...yes. But it kinda gets boring after a few cruises. Also why give her a hard time because she really likes to see the shows? Everyone deserves the right to enjoy their own activities throughout the cruise. If that was something she really enjoyed, of course she does't want to see repeat shows. That's why she said she was going to try something new. If the piano bar is something you really enjoy, do you want to hear the same song over and over? I think not!

I really don't get the few "C-ya" type snide replies. The OP said they enjoyed Carnival but got tired of the shows. As far as entertainment goes, we've enjoyed NCL's shows and musical venues far more than Carnival's. We mainly stick with Carnival since the entertainment isn't really that important to us. Anyway, hope you enjoy your upcoming cruises :)

k

cya

buh-bye

Different ships = different shows.

Let us know how seeing the same shows on a b2b works out for you. :confused:

I remember now why I had you on ignore before. Nothing useful to add to anything, ever. What a total waste of space.

Archived