sorry to have to leave carnival

wol cruiser

Different ships = different shows. Cruise enough and you see the same shows on different ships, it is time to change some things for entertainment on all the ships, Im VROOOOOOMED out. CDs do the same skits and Jokes,

Same things on the Lido deck, hairy chest contest for 15 years. Same food on all the ships, maybe Im just getting tired of Carnival. Every time we go its like the movie "Ground hog day". When your a newbe its all new after 28 cruises w/Carnival you start to have a different outlook. Everychange they do is dictated by how much money can they save. How things have changed from our first cruise, and not to the good.

:(I have been on 3 cruises with carnival and have loved them all! Now I have booked a b2b on rcl. I would love to have booked it with carnival but unfortunately they don't ever seem to change there entertainment and shows. I really enjoyed there shows but not enough to see them over and over and over! How does everyone on here go on multiple cruises a year on carnival and not get tired of the fact that they don't change up there shows! I really hope they change them one day so I can return because I love everything else about carnival and can only hope I have half as good of time on rcl:confused:

We did 4 cruises on RCI and we needed a change because THEIR menus was getting repetitive. However, we always found that the entertainment in the main lounges and theaters was different. So we did 4 Carnival cruises just to get a change but all of THEIR entertainment in the main theater was the same and it got to the point where we didn't bother going to the theater on our last cruise except on the first night just to see what was scheduled for the week. After taking 4 RCI and 4 Carnival cruises we find that one of the big differences is in entertainment. It is more professional on RCI and varies ship to ship - at least that was our experience. Its good to switch things up as you are doing. Gives you something to look forward to. We're going back to RCI in October but for the first time we're going to try NCL in February. I think we'll like the NCL and THEIR dining options. Really looking forward to it.

I took two cruises on Adventure of the Seas a year apart and the shows were exactly the same both times.

BUT......we went on the Inaugural of the Allure in December and the shows were great!! Completely different and new. Chicago! Blue Planet! OceanAria (amazing)! Ooh and while not a show, - the Coach Store!! Does the Freedom have any of the new shows? The ice skating show is usually pretty good.

:(I have been on 3 cruises with carnival and have loved them all! Now I have booked a b2b on rcl. I would love to have booked it with carnival but unfortunately they don't ever seem to change there entertainment and shows. I really enjoyed there shows but not enough to see them over and over and over! How does everyone on here go on multiple cruises a year on carnival and not get tired of the fact that they don't change up there shows! I really hope they change them one day so I can return because I love everything else about carnival and can only hope I have half as good of time on rcl:confused:

It's easy for me to take multiple Carnival cruises because the last thing that I am taking a cruise for is the shows. I didn't attend the shows on the Dream other than briefly seeing the last half hour in passing (Dancing in the Streets). I regretted not seeing the entire show (I think that was the last performance of the cruise that I caught). I personally hate having to have dinner at a certain time (this was mostly on NCL - Carnival's dinner time is fixed) to attend the performance. Hope you find what you're looking for. Sounds like your just venting will likely be back on Carnival, just saying. :D

I personally hate having to have dinner at a certain time (this was mostly on NCL - Carnival's dinner time is fixed) to attend the performance. Hope you find what you're looking for. Sounds like your just venting will likely be back on Carnival, just saying. :D

Carnival does have anytime dining.

Don't give up on Carnival yet! You're leaving and I just got here! Actually taking my first on July 31st!

I hope you have a great time on RCL! You have the right to cruise with whichever cruise line you want.:)

Nothing wrong in trying another line, go for it! I didn't realize what I was missing until I took a Disney Cruise. Their "Pirates Party" at night with fireworks surpassed any entertainment I've ever seen on CCL (except maybe when I hit a jackpot on the slots, lol). The music, dancing on Lido Deck, fireworks, "Johnny Depp" stage show had maybe a 1000 cruisers going totally nuts!

I'll continue to do CCL for its value, but I'm planning to try Celebrity next. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

different ships = different shows. Cruise enough and you see the same shows on different ships, it is time to change some things for entertainment on all the ships, im vroooooomed out. Cds do the same skits and jokes,

same things on the lido deck, hairy chest contest for 15 years. same food on all the ships, maybe im just getting tired of carnival. Every time we go its like the movie "ground hog day". When your a newbe its all new after 28 cruises w/carnival you start to have a different outlook. everychange they do is dictated by how much money can they save. How things have changed from our first cruise, and not to the good.

exactomundo :)

For a long time, I lived near a very high-end popular SoCal Art School (dancing, acting, directing, singing, painting, writing, etc.). Most of the students "hung out" at the same place that was my hangout. At graduation it was always a big deal who got to go where upon graduation. The BOTTOM OF THE BARREL was always a cruise ship offer. It was always understood, this meant you had little talent, but you were a great dancer with a cute face and drop-dead-gorgeous legs. :rolleyes:

(The only two that I know of that turned down the cruise lines, made a friggin' fortune in the LA Strip joints) :D

it exists. you must arrange before sailing.

My cruise on the Dream was a year ago. Since then, I have cruised NCL and was introduced to Freestyle which is what Anytime is based on. I am very aware today of that program, have heard many negatives so would not elect to use it.

We don't really do shows now either but there have been a few really good shows we enjoyed on RCL. On Adventure of the Seas a few years ago, they had the Nelson Brothers (Rick Nelson's sons) and they put on a great show!

On our first Carnival cruise we never missed a show and enjoyed all of them but it seems to get old after a while. Wouldn't stop us from cruising with Carnival though! :D

Have fun on your cruises!

We are not into the production shows so much anymore, but we really like seeing all the live hired performers.

It has been a while since I have watched a production show on RCI, last year we skipped all of them except the last night, but what I remember they were really good in years past. you will like RCI for a change, they are great ships.

We love the shows, too. We are booked on our 31st cruise - 13th with Carnival. We have also sailed with RCI, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and Disney. The impetus for us booking a different cruise line for the first time was the same as yours! We were tired of the repeat shows (and repeat jokes). Since cruising is so important to us, we wanted to find other options that we enjoyed as much as Carnival. Princess is the best 2nd choice for us for many reasons (and now especially for smoke-free balconies).

We enjoy trying different lines and there are things we enjoy about each of them (with the possible exception of NCL). We mix it up a bit now and find it's more fun to do so than sailing the same cruise line all the time. Hope you enjoy it, too!

We don't really do shows now either but there have been a few really good shows we enjoyed on RCL. On Adventure of the Seas a few years ago, they had the Nelson Brothers (Rick Nelson's sons) and they put on a great show!

On our first Carnival cruise we never missed a show and enjoyed all of them but it seems to get old after a while. Wouldn't stop us from cruising with Carnival though! :D

We LOVE Nelson and get to see them every year at Epcot's Flower Power Concerts. I knew than had some some cruise ships, but haven't had the pleasure of seeing them on board.

Easy: we never go to the shows.

If you are going to cruise for the shows and the CD banter, you'll end up disappointed, on any line.

My cruise on the Dream was a year ago. Since then, I have cruised NCL and was introduced to Freestyle which is what Anytime is based on. I am very aware today of that program, have heard many negatives so would not elect to use it.

if you look extremely carefully, ncl is quietly trying to distance themselves from the term "freestyle", and anything "epic". both are now considered negative terms.

it will be interesting to see what they replace all this with.

in any case, anytime dining is simply that. no choosing what restaurant you wish to eat in, which basically wastes a lot of public space. on ccl, you don't need to be in a different area to eat different foods. just select it off your menu.

RCL runs the same shows time after time again. they will just be new to you since you haven't seen them before. i left you space on RCL since i'll never cruise them again. their entertainment was bad....my mom and i thought it was not nearly as outstanding as carnivals (dancing, fireworks etc.)...but you can draw your own conclusion.

Archived