Hotels in Miami near Carnival Cruise port

dja31705

A lot of folks love the Intercontinental. It's kinda pricey if you book directly through the hotel. Maybe check some discount sites and see what prices you can get. It's a short cab ride to the pier and has a nice walking area along the bay that goes down to a really nice shopping area with lots of restaurants.

We stayed at the Hilton Airport hotel. About 20 mins from the port, but the room was super-cheap when we went (price depends if there's a convention or meeting going on). I think we paid $79 for a King room Plus, they have a pool.

Free shuttle from the airport. The Hilton had a bus that went to the cruise port that was a little cheaper than a taxi, but we wanted to go earlier than the bus left, so we paid the extra few dollars.

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside and you can see the ships from the hotel. It's right across the street from lots of shops and restaurants and is a great place to spend a day or two pre-cruise.

What are some really reasonable hotels near the Miami port? I am cruising March 2012 on the Carnival Liberty and will be flying in a day ahead.

March is peak tourist season in Miami and prices will tend to be high :eek: - book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. You might get lucky with Priceline or Hotwire - do your homework (check the sticky on this board and www.betterbidding.com) before you bid! ;)

If you are flying in a day early, you might look at flights to FLL which are often cheaper than comparable flights into MIA. You can shuttle to POM from the FLL area with QLS or SAS (www.ridesas.com) for about the same as a taxi to POM from a discount MIA area hotel.

Good luck! :)

My mom works at the InterContinental here in Cleveland, OH. We will be staying at the InterContinental Hotel in Miami for 2 nights thanks to her discount. We picked this hotel because of the super cheap discount she gets. After reading many posts about this hotel, I am really glad we booked it and am very excited to see it. Last year my bf and I stayed at the Marriot in the business/financial district. It was breathtaking!!!!!! I would stay there if we did not have the room at InterContinental.

Archived