The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas

BrianAlt

Brian- Just read this after all of this time. Your revew is excellent. I never planned to sail on Oasis-too big for us, but your food review has me thinking again! Thank you! This should be a sticky on CC!!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. As for this being a sticky, well, honestly? I pretty much agree with you.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. As for this being a sticky, well, honestly? I pretty much agree with you.

I do think it needs to be a "sticky", but not sure how that happens. Your information is so valuable to other cruisers and I loved your perspective on food and wine. Not too often that you get this depth and quality of information. I felt like I was there tasting it all with you:)

Thank you so much! Other ships will not compare. We have eaten in Chops more times than I can remember, and the menu is the same. You introduced a whole new world and we are FOOODIEEESSSS!!!!!!!

I read your posts to DH, the ultimate cook, and he was asking questions, which is a sign of interest. They should hire you as a marketing agent. Your posts were so good and I hope that you and your wife enjoyed sharing your experiences with others.

The Miso was better than I usually get. The broth was a richer light brown color than what I usually see when it is much more yellow. It was tastier than my usual experience.

There are two general categories of miso. Shiro (white) miso and aka (red) miso. My guess is, you are used to shiro and served aka on Oasis. :)

There are two general categories of miso. Shiro (white) miso and aka (red) miso. My guess is, you are used to shiro and served aka on Oasis. :)

Thanks! I must admit that my knowledge of Japanese food is not very vast.

I just finished reading the entire thread (13 pages) in one sitting, not realizing you had already reviewed 150 Central Park a couple of months ago. I hadn't looked at the dates when I commented about our experience at 150 Central Park.

Our menu for 150 CP was different. I didn't know there is more than one menu. We enjoyed all six courses, including an absolutely superb soup course. I've never had spiced caramel popcorn garnish on a Camembert cheese based soup. The combination was daring but so scrumptious. I commented to the chef how wonderful his soup is and our server brought me a copy of the recipe at the end of the meal. What a nice touch that was.

We had met the head Chef for 150 Central Park the day before at the galley tour. We chatted with him at the galley tour for several minutes and I mentioned to him that we would be dining in his restaurant the following night. It is such a personal touch that the chef greets all his guests at their tables in the restaurant. I can't say enough about our experience at 150 CP and it is one DH and I will never forget.

Hello! We are sailing on the Oasis on January 29th and are very interested in knowing what the new menu for 150 Central Park is - can you let us know? We plan to eat at all the Specialty restaurants including the Chef's Table but I would like to know what they are serving at 150 before we commit. Thanks! Barbara

Hello! We are sailing on the Oasis on January 29th and are very interested in knowing what the new menu for 150 Central Park is - can you let us know? We plan to eat at all the Specialty restaurants including the Chef's Table but I would like to know what they are serving at 150 before we commit. Thanks! Barbara

Hi Barbara!!

I am also on the January 29th Oasis sailing!! We are reserved for the Chef's Table on the 31st and I cannot wait! Here is some info on the 150 menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322318&highlight=150

We are also doing the Chef's Table with my parents on the 31st so we will be there with you and your group. My birthday is Jan 25th so I am a true Aquarian also! Not my 40th though......just a little older than you! Have you heard anything else about 150? The one review I read sounded good but the menu is so specific, you don't have any choices. I read a great review of Chops but of course we've been there before and loved it. I can't wait for our cruise to be here and look forward to meeting you.

Barbara

Brian- So glad to see your wonderful Oasis food journey is on the front page! It is so great and I am sure many will learn so much from you!:)

If you are planning any cruises in the near future, let us know so we can follow along!

I have this document as a PDF. It is complete with the pictures, but not the questions/comments in between my main posts.

If you would like a copy I'd be glad to email it to you. Just send me an email at my user name at Gmail.

Have a great time on your Oasis cruise (or any other for that matter!).

GREAT GREAT review I would love a copy by PDF!!

We are scheduled for the Feb 6 Oasis cruise and your thread caught my eye. Your reviews were entertaining and educational. The selections at 150 Park are limited and foreign to me. I agree with you about the Grille as we have never been dissapointed everytime we have dined there. My last cruise (Brilliance) we were dissapointed with Portofino--Q? How would you compare to Giovanni's.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Brian-I see you are booked on Enchantment in October. Are you planning another guide for the foodies on CC?? Enchantment does not have the variety of restaurants, but it would still be great to sail along with you and your meals!