The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas

BrianAlt

Brian, thanks for the great guide to food on the Oasis of the Seas. We won’t be sailing on Oasis until our 15th Anniversary next April, but I am gathering as much info as I can. Your guide is a great help.

On why some people can’t find some of you posts on this thread, it may be because they don’t have their “Display Mode” set correctly. On each page of the thread, just above the first post on each page is a button titled “Display Mode”, with a drop down selection list. If “Hybrid Mode” is selected, the user does not see all your posts (it only shows 19 posts). If they would switch to “Linear Mode”, they should be able to see all the posts.

Paul

Wow, Brian terrific review!! Thanks for taking the time to post all of the detail!! I am thankful I did not short out my laptop from all the drool! :p

I sincerely hope you return with a similar write up for your upcoming Allure cruise! ;) Have a magnificent time!

:) Jen

Someone who has been on this nutsy 'cruising your way as long as you schedule everything months in advance' ship, please tell me if they place some sort of ticketing in your cabin or do we need to print a - wow, I hate to say this with a cruise -schedule!

Wow, Brian terrific review!! Thanks for taking the time to post all of the detail!! I am thankful I did not short out my laptop from all the drool! :p

I sincerely hope you return with a similar write up for your upcoming Allure cruise! ;) Have a magnificent time!

:) Jen

Thanks, Jen! :) Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm sure I'll do a write-up of the Allure. However, that will be a different cruise as it will be 9 people and 4 cabins, kids and grandparents. But first up, Enchantment! :cool:

Have a wonderful cruise!

Someone who has been on this nutsy 'cruising your way as long as you schedule everything months in advance' ship, please tell me if they place some sort of ticketing in your cabin or do we need to print a - wow, I hate to say this with a cruise -schedule!

On the website you can print out your daily schedule. They also give you cards to remind you of your reservations the day of. And most of the restaurants call your cabin.

But I made my own itinerary (probably not a surprise).

And you can read about it in this thread: Review of July 10th Cruise The itinerary is post #55 if you must skip ahead.

Just a little update on the Chef's Table. DH and I just got off the 3/26 sailing and did the Chef's Table which was wonderful however the menu was different, which was a little disappointing to me. It was still great, but different. When I find my menu under all my suitcases, I will post the details but a quick summary is:

Chilled Lobster over a citrus slaw with crab meat

Trio of soups (the only same menu item)

Duck spring roll

Lamb over a potato risotto

Trio of apple items-tart, colavados (sp?) flavored creme, green apple gelato

Again, I will post the details as well as the wine pairings when I uncover the mysteries of my luggage!

We are sailing on the Oasis in October. It is my understanding there is a Chef's Table. Could you book that in advance before sailing and do you know how far out you can reserve this? Also, did they offer more than one sitting?

We are sailing on the Oasis in October. It is my understanding there is a Chef's Table. Could you book that in advance before sailing and do you know how far out you can reserve this? Also, did they offer more than one sitting?

We booked it about a month earlier and we e-mailed chefstable@rccl.com. We got an answer back in a couple of days. Based on the cruise compass, it looks like they have the chef's table every night. When we went there were 12 of us. It was wonderful and we would do it again if we go back.

We booked it about a month earlier and we e-mailed chefstable@rccl.com. We got an answer back in a couple of days. Based on the cruise compass, it looks like they have the chef's table every night. When we went there were 12 of us. It was wonderful and we would do it again if we go back.

I believe it is every night, or every night but the first night. You used to have to email them to make reservations, but it is my understanding that it is now one of the options that come up on the specialty restaurant listings online and it can now be booked online. I'm not sure about that, as I haven't personally done it, but that's what has been expressed on these boards. If so, it should be similar to the other reservations which open 60-90 days before sailing.

There is only one seating per evening and it starts at 7:30. You gather in the Library starting after 7 PM. I believe we were done close to 10 PM.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I believe it is every night, or every night but the first night. You used to have to email them to make reservations, but it is my understanding that it is now one of the options that come up on the specialty restaurant listings online and it can now be booked online. I'm not sure about that, as I haven't personally done it, but that's what has been expressed on these boards. If so, it should be similar to the other reservations which open 60-90 days before sailing.

There is only one seating per evening and it starts at 7:30. You gather in the Library starting after 7 PM. I believe we were done close to 10 PM.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Reservations for Chef's Table are made (and prepaid) like all other specialty restaurants. We made ours a couple weeks ago.

Reservations for Chef's Table are made (and prepaid) like all other specialty restaurants. We made ours a couple weeks ago.

We did not prepay for the Chef's Table. It was added to our seapass account, along with the tip that we added at the end of the dinner. Maybe that has changed since I think, now, you can book online?

We did not prepay for the Chef's Table. It was added to our seapass account, along with the tip that we added at the end of the dinner. Maybe that has changed since I think, now, you can book online?

Correct. That has now changed. You pre-pay. Or you can try booking it on-board.

Kudos BrianAlt! Well written and concise. Can't wait to see her in person in June! :D

Now I'm gonna sit back and enjoy a nice glass of Cabernet! ;)

Thanks! :D Have a great cruise and enjoy your wine!

I forgot to ask if the Enchantment offers liquor packages. Steve and I just got off the Equinox on March 21st..we did buy the premium non-alcoholic package and it was worth it. I heard there is no specified lounge for Diamond members on this ship but our TA told us they offer wine, champagne and soft drinks each evening complimentary

Thank you so much for writing this review. It sure opened my eyes up to all the possible places we can try when we sail on the Oasis next year. I had no idea there were so many options.

Thank you Brian! I just spent the past 2 days reading the entire thread and you have a great way of explaining things. A group of girls sailed the Liberty of the Seas last November 2010 and we want to sale the Oasis of the Seas in 2012. I have bookmarked this thread.

Thanks again!

Lisa