The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas

BrianAlt

Royal owes you a kickback ;)

Thanks. Don't hesitate to mention it to them. ;)

Great review! Can'w wait till we get on the Oasis and try a bunch of your recommendations!

Thank you. Have a great cruise!

Where can I get a list of the restaurants on the Oasis and approximately how much they cost? Just a short list? Are the majority of the places to eat now charge restaurants?

Right here:

View the variety of dining venues onboard Oasis.

Many places do not charge. Only the speciality restuarants charge.

Could someone tell me do we pay cash when dining at Chops or do they put it on our sea pass and if the sea pass can you add an extra tip or should that be in cash. We are trying to decide how much cash we need to carry.

Could someone tell me do we pay cash when dining at Chops or do they put it on our sea pass and if the sea pass can you add an extra tip or should that be in cash. We are trying to decide how much cash we need to carry.

They will put the bill onto your seapass card, I always tip in cash, this way you know they get 100% of the tip, and they donot have to wait to get it at the end of the week.

Another question.... do you have to or recommend booking the shows in advance?:confused:

It's a good question. I'm not sure you HAVE to, but I strongly recommend it. I think you can book shows via the interactive TV, but I wouldn't rely on it. I'm sure some will be unavailable if you wait. It's safer to book online.

I'll probably be in the MDR for dinners, so what do you recommend for breakfast and lunches? For atmosphere and/or food?

Thank you!

I recommend the Solarium and the Park Cafe for both and either. Relaxed and civil.

They will put the bill onto your seapass card, I always tip in cash, this way you know they get 100% of the tip, and they donot have to wait to get it at the end of the week.

I love that idea (cash for tips). Alas. I don't do this as I never carry cash. Maybe I'll revise that policy in the future.

I tried to get to the links for the menus that you posted in your pdf document, but the site says it is not available....:mad:

I printed that pdf document and went over it all day today. It was very informative. I'll be on the Allure in December, and I cannot wait. I'll be on the Explorer first, in about 2 weeks, but the Allure is the cruise I'm really excited about.:rolleyes:

Hey Nancy,

We are making sure we book Chops as soon as we can. This place has been top on our list from the beginning. We weren't sure about 150 place but after reading lots of great reviews, think we are in on that one too.

Muriel

Brian--Thank you. We are booked for Feb.2011 Our 50th ann. will absolutly try

150-Chef`s,Giovanni`s,and if we must Chops!!Can`t wait it all sounds sooo...

wonderful--Nancy

I recommend the Solarium and the Park Cafe for both and either. Relaxed and civil.

We were on last week. I recommend Park Cafe for breakfast. They had pre-made egg mcmuffin sandwichs, pre-made egg paninis, friut, bagels, pastries. Always found a seat either inside or outside. nice to eat and sit back in a chair outside and drink coffee and read my book. As opposed to the windjammer which was very crowded, very hard to find a table and no omelete guy.

Also the Park Cafe for lunch. Those roast beef sandwiches everyone talks about were very good. They also had other paninis, fruit, soup, make your own salads and desserts. Again easy to find a table there for lunch.

Loved your review! Park Cafe sounds great for breakfast as we have a balcony cabin on Deck 8! Do you know of anyplace else that might serve pankcakes or waffles besides the Windjammer? Although a muffin and some fruit might placate my picky kids too!

Loved your review! Park Cafe sounds great for breakfast as we have a balcony cabin on Deck 8! Do you know of anyplace else that might serve pankcakes or waffles besides the Windjammer? Although a muffin and some fruit might placate my picky kids too!

Probably the MDR, although we never went. Also check Jonny Rockets. We tried going there but they were very backed up even though they were half full.

There were pancakes in the Solarium. With sugar-free syrup! :) There's also fruits and muffins there. And - bonus - no lines!

Thanks Brian for all of the effort, I just finished reading your thread and enjoyed your account enormously !

You're welcome. :)

Wow that was informative! I love all the details. I cant wait til my dh and i go on the nos in Nov. Do you have any details for that ship?

Thanks

Sorry, can't say that I do. Never been on Navigator.

There were pancakes in the Solarium. With sugar-free syrup! :) There's also fruits and muffins there. And - bonus - no lines!

Very true! Muffins and fruit there were really good.

I'm sure the MDR has waffles and pancakes, not sure if it's every day. As for Johnny Rockets, I only had breakfast there once and had eggs and bacon. I don't recall if they had waffles and/or pancakes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I think there's a menu floating around someplace.