Thomsons new service in Barcalona

Just of the Dream and decided to try the new service offered by Thomson the hop on hop of service bus in Barcelona although this is just a new service and sounds good it was a bit of a disaster. It visits three main sights and you can hop on and off when it suits you. However as most people get the first bus leaving the ship it means that they will all be leaving the first site at approx the same time leaving a wait if you can't get on the first bus. Because of the amount of traffic in the city this was a substantial time of some 30 to 40 minutes, also they stop for a nearly two hour lunch break leaving large queues for the bus before lunch and after lunch to return to the ship, so you seem to spend most of your time waiting for the bus, as it is early days yet for this service i hope that they can iron out these problems.

• 2 months later...

Hi Big Ron,

Can you give me any info on the ports of call you called at because we are doing the same ones with the Dream on the 15th october 11 Sete Calvi Genoa Livorno

We have been to Barcelona so we are ok with that just unsure about Genoa and Livorno we've done Florence and Pisa. So any help or ideas would be great.

This is are first time on a thomson ship and looking foreward to it

Hi Big Ron,

Can you give me any info on the ports of call you called at because we are doing the same ones with the Dream on the 15th october 11 Sete Calvi Genoa Livorno

We have been to Barcelona so we are ok with that just unsure about Genoa and Livorno we've done Florence and Pisa. So any help or ideas would be great.

This is are first time on a thomson ship and looking foreward to it

Hi there,

I just came off the Dream yesterday after 7 night Med Medley.

First of all Genoa is swapped for Rapallo which is a tender port. I don't think it made any difference to the excursions available. We went on Santa Margaita & Portofino by boat which was very nice. Both places are nice small places. (Very small, I should say)

Calvi is a nice place, also a tender port. We just went to the beach which is a short walk through the town that has a lot of tourist shops.

Livorno was great, I had the best time there on the Pisa trip with a very nice guide.

Sete was a big bore (though the grey day didn't help). The Scenic Sete excursion is a waste of money.

Hope that helps!

Hi ShezaEu,

We are on the Dream on September 17.

Glad to hear Genoa has been vchanged again to Rapallo as we will then just use the water taxis to Portofino(not Thomsons).

Re Séte cannot understand why you say it was a bore. We love it. The canals, Bassin de Thau etc. Fishermans chapel etc are great plus much more. Must admit I have spent a lot of time there in the past so I know it well however I am always surprised when people don't see it properly. Having seen the resumé of the trips Thomson's do I wouldn't rate them. Perhaps you had a bad day with the weather as well. A friend who lives in Séte said they had bad storms forecast for this last week but they did not materialise.

Hope you enjoyed the Dream- I know we will!!

hi there if we go to Rapallo is there much to see or is it better to go to portofino etc if so is it better to do your own boat trip there ? Also is there much to see in Livorno or is it easy to do your own trip to Pisa any info would be most grateful

we had sete cancelled at the last minute for Toulon and i was a bit disappointed as had never been to sete before and was looking forward to seeing it. reason given by captain roy was no berths available and forcast was a bit choppy for a tender.

Archived