Charleston,SC rally in support of the port?

I briefly caught the news tonight with some mention of Carnival and a rally in support of the port of Charleston and Carnival being in port tomorrow at 10am at the end of the pier. I am assuming it is at Waterfront Park's pier but can't find anything on the local news page on wcsc dot com. Was hoping someone else local may see this and have some info. schasgal? Are you around? I will definitely throw on my cruise critic tshirt and head down there on my day off. Google search is turning up nothing.

Keep Fantasy in Charleston!:D

I think its nice that the legislature and the community is rallying behind Carnival, but hopefully they arent just doing this because they think Carnival would leave. If Carnival does decide to leave, there is nothing that anyone could do to change their minds.

I can see on the legislative side they want it known they did something in the event Carnival did leave..which I dont think will happen.

Did he specifically say today? I thought JH said that we would get some news this week, but not specifically today... unless I missed a post!

From John Heald's facebook post today:

John Heald

hello everyone. Its a beautiful day in Rome. Brand X just left and we are here for a couple more hours. This week we will have news about Charleston and maybe other stuff as well, we shall see. Just finished a blog including two very different thoughts from readers about a date in September and now I guess its time for a poop downstairs. Hope you are all well.

I briefly caught the news tonight with some mention of Carnival and a rally in support of the port of Charleston and Carnival being in port tomorrow at 10am at the end of the pier. I am assuming it is at Waterfront Park's pier but can't find anything on the local news page on wcsc dot com. Was hoping someone else local may see this and have some info. schasgal? Are you around? I will definitely throw on my cruise critic tshirt and head down there on my day off. Google search is turning up nothing.

Keep Fantasy in Charleston!:D

They should have done it today while the ship was in port at the Waterfront park. I would love to be there but 10 am in the middle of busy time at work.

Hope they get a good turn out and that it helps.

Archived