Juneau car rental

lutheralum

We will be in Juneau on July 19 from 8am-9pm. I'm looking for current info on car rental. Several mention Rent-a-Wreck as only one with dock pickup. Is that still true? Are they the cheapest? Also how many miles of roads does Juenau actually have? What's the best time to go out to Mendenhall - crowd-wise? Thanks.

lutheralum

We will be in Juneau on July 19 from 8am-9pm. I'm looking for current info on car rental. Several mention Rent-a-Wreck as only one with dock pickup. Is that still true? Are they the cheapest? Also how many miles of roads does Juenau actually have? What's the best time to go out to Mendenhall - crowd-wise? Thanks.

lutheralum

RAW no longer has pick up because they're within walking distance of the docks, or a short cab ride. Perhaps if you had some discounts, one of the national brands at the airport would be cheaper, but the $50+ RT cab ride sort of takes a bite out of the value.

We have about 100 miles of road.

There's no way to guess when crowds will be at the glacier. It depends on how many ships are in town and when they arrive and leave. Although the visitors center closes, the glacier does not. If you go in the evening, there will still be plenty of light and no crowds. There will be plenty of mosquitoes though, and perhaps some bears.

We have about 100 miles of road.

Not in a straight line though lol. I think the longest road is around 30 or 35 - it's been a few years since i lived there.

I love the signs at the end of the roads!

Archived