The upsell fairy was not our friend this time.

jking917

I was so excited when I had a message from Carnival wanting to get us in one of their suites. I called and had to listen to all the benefits of a suite and then the price.......for our 3 day cruise we could get a suite for an additional $380 out the door. We declined the the offer since that was just a little too much. My BF says that I should call back tomorrow to see if they can give me a better deal. Has anyone done this?

My BF says that I should call back tomorrow to see if they can give me a better deal. Has anyone done this?
They have most likely already found some sucker to bite at their inflated upsell.

Never known the upsell fairy to deliver anything worthwhile. They are just trying to free up lower level cabins and rarely give much of a discount (if any) off what you could currently book the cabin for if you tried.

We have gotten two calls.

One was a good deal to move from inside to aft wrap and grabbed it.

Other was a very expensive offer to move from balcony to suite and could have done it on my own for less than their offer.

Some years ago the boards would be abuzz with calls from the "upgrade fairy"...and/or people would come back from a cruise to crow that they "upgrade fairy" had visited them....they were upgraded, decks, to outside...to balcony...from balcony to suite etc

then the Cruiselines/Carnival realized they could "upsell" these upgrades

some call it the Upgrade fairy....I call it telemarketers LOL:D

don't hold your breath in other words

Archived