A question for anyone who has sailed on the Silver Shadow SINCE it was refurbished.

smoggyboy3

Could someone tell me if the electrical points on the desk area are still 1 European (twin round pin) and 1 American (twin flat pin). Are there any other points that can easily be accessed (without crawling under beds), and if so what type are they. Thanks for your help.

We got off the Shadow last week. The electrical arrangements were not changed in the refurbishment. I believe it was limited to fabrics, upholstery, carpet, etc.
Are the nicks and dents on the surface of the furnishings resurfaced, and the marble in the bathroom repolished?

Several years ago, we purchased a short (1 foot long) extension cord that has 4 outlets at the end. We use it for all of our travel. Perfect solution on cruises and in hotels. I think we purchased it in a travel store.

Good luck.

Since our prior cruises, we are now traveling with a smart phone that doubles as the alarm clock and needs recharging each night. Dh wanted it by his bedside. Our butler found an extension cord and we ran that from the dressing table outlet, under the bed, to his bedside table and just plugged it in at night. We'd get it unplugged before breakfast so it was only a trip hazard for us and it lay flat on the ground so was just fine.

I won't count on an extension cord next time, but will pick one up in my port of departure or bring one from home if we have the baggage space. We had a power bar with us (learned that from here) but the extension cord was important this time. If you are doing this, you'll need about 20 ft depending on which table you are heading to (my dh's side of the bed was the farthest from the outlet.)

Are the nicks and dents on the surface of the furnishings resurfaced, and the marble in the bathroom repolished?

Our bathroom floor and walls (Vista suite) were granite, not marble. It showed no signs of wear or staining. The desk chair in our suite showed chips on the wood of the chair back from being knocked over numerous times. No surprise since its design makes it unstable and prone to falling over backwards. That was the only damage I noticed.

So, how close together are the plug points ? Would using 1 for a battery charger (with American fitting) inhibit use of the other. As long as both are accessible at the same time I don't see it causing me too many problems. What plug type is fitted to the hairdryer, American or European?

Yes that is slightly annoying. I was hoping that would have been a Europen plug leaving the American socket for camera batteries, then I could use the Euro for the laptop. Looks like her indoors may have to stand on the balcony for the natural blow dry !!!

We had no problems on the Shadow in May charging all our stuff.

We had two cameras, a computer, two kindles, an ipod, and I had a curling wand. All had either american or australian plugs, I had two converter plugs for each system ( US and aussie) and all was well. :)

Ann

Archived