Do We Have To Bring Our Own Towels?

Yes, they do provide the towels and you can take them off the ship. You will need to go to the Towel Station on the Pool deck to check out however many you want. When you are finished, you can either exchange them for clean towels or check them back in. If you don't return them before the end of the cruise, you will be charged $25 on your sea pass.

Sherri:)

We want to save some space in our luggages. Do they provide towels for swimming and can we take them off the ship for excursions?

You can check out towels on the pool deck. You can trade them in for clean towels as much as you like. Any towel not returned by the end of the cruise will cost $20.

Just be careful when you take them on excursions/to the beach because the last time we were cruising some people mentioned other people took their towels off the beach and they got charged since they no longer had them to return. I am sure it doesn't happen often, but you definitely don't want to be charged all that money for towels someone else took off the beach and they all look the same, so no way of getting it back.

I don't like checking the towels out from the ship (I'm always worried I will be charged for them althought I've not had a problem yet). I also don't like standing in line trading out towels and making sure my Sea Pass account is cleared. I'm lucky enough to be within driving distance to Florida ports so I usually opt for bringing my own towels. I get brightly colored ones to stand out from others'!

You should be fine if you are vigilent about checking your Sea Pass account (easy to do if you're on a newer ship that has the account displayed on your cabin TV). I just like the peace of mind of not having to fiddle with the ship's towels.

We put towels on our Sea Pass on the first day and not again after that. When we need a towel after that, we just exchange a dirty one for a clean one. This way there is only one towel transaction on our Sea Pass account so it it's easy to keep track. At the end of the cruise, ,we turn in our towels and get a receipt. Then we have proof that we returned the ones we checked out at the beginning.

On our last two cruises there has been a towel check station near the gangway to exit the ship at the ports. This way you could get a fresh towel when you get on/off the ship.

I took my own towels twice, because I live ninety minutes from the port and don't have to worry about a baggage allowance. The first time, they were gently used and easy to handle - I congratulated myself for having smaller, lighter towels to take on the excursion. I tried it again on the next cruise and wound up with sopping wet, dirty towels to deal with. There was no place in the cabin to dry them, and they were not worth the effort. Never again.

What about the ones in our room? Or are those just the plain white towels?

Yes, plain white towels in the stateroom.

When did they start doing this with the towels by the pool?

Maybe 2 years ago?

To each his/her own. Personally, I prefer to bring my own very large beach towels with us when we cruise out of Galveston, but if you're packing for flying, not much of an option. I have pirate towels with little ships on them and I monogram the names of the ships we cruise on them, and I like to take these with me just for fun. But only in my carry on beach bag. I just hate the RCCL ones...too small IMHO. And then there is the problem of having to take them back.

.... I have pirate towels with little ships on them and I monogram the names of the ships we cruise on them.....

You need to go into business.

I will take 8 with Mariner's name on them.

Let me know how much, will even come and get them.

We live right down the road.

:rolleyes:

To each his/her own. Personally, I prefer to bring my own very large beach towels with us when we cruise out of Galveston, but if you're packing for flying, not much of an option. I have pirate towels with little ships on them and I monogram the names of the ships we cruise on them, and I like to take these with me just for fun. But only in my carry on beach bag. I just hate the RCCL ones...too small IMHO. And then there is the problem of having to take them back.

I personally prefer the "problem":rolleyes: of standing in line with dirty, wet towels to trade them in for fresh, new dry towels, to lugging around my own dirty, wet towels and trying to figure out a way of drying them so they can be reused. I guess it all depends on your point of view but with luggage weight restrictions being what they are, I can use the space that those towels would occupy for more important items that the ship doesn't supply. The amount of time that I have spent, checking out towels, trading them in for new ones, and turning them in at the end of the cruise is so minimal that I could not even begin to quantify it.:)

Don't forget royal caribbean leaves free towels free suntan lotion free sunglasses on the chairs by the pool every morning so just go get some there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is a good point, although the towels, suntan lotion, and sunglasses that you speak of belong to chair hogs taking them is another option to using the ships towels. :D

Another option for the towels you are going to take off the ship is to get the "old" towels from the gym/spa...they are the plain tan ones that used to be the pool towels..you don't have to check those out..and if by chance someone walks off with your towels you wouldn't be charge for them...

On the ship I just get the ones by the pool...never had a problem with long lines retuning them...

Archived