Table for 2

emt6121

If you are doing Traditional Dining (early or late seating), then your best bet is to ask John Heald on his blog. If that does not work, then look in the Fun Times for the time/dining room to show up at to request the table for two. Note that they may not be able to accommodate you.

If you are doing Your Time Dining, all you have to do is show up at the assigned Dining Room and ask for a table for two - they will either immediately seat you, or give you a pager and let you know when your table is ready.

Good luck!

You need to contact the person you booked the cruise with.

Make sure they put it on your reservation.

When you board the ship go directly to the dining room and check the table. If it is not what you wanted check the capers and it will tell you what time the dining room is taking table reservation adjustments, get in line as soon as you get there.

I have had this table assignment concern each and every time I sail. This time I am doing My time dining so I won't have any problems.

Carnival is usually pretty good on making you happy.

We are cruising on the Glory next June & I would like to request a table for 2 in the MDR..Is this possible and if so, who would I contact? Thanks

Please don't bother John with this kind of matter. For changes/requests in seating, go to the Maitre'D as soon as you board and make your request. That is the way it is supposed to be handled, but many people lately have gotten lazy or felt they were entitled to special help and have asked John to do what is supposed to be their responsibility. ( I certainly do not mean you, only speaking about other recent posters). He is a great guy and tries to help, but this is something you must do once onboard. Getting a table for 2 is possible if you ask early and politely generally. Good luck!

You need to contact the person you booked the cruise with.

Make sure they put it on your reservation.

When you board the ship go directly to the dining room and check the table. If it is not what you wanted check the capers and it will tell you what time the dining room is taking table reservation adjustments, get in line as soon as you get there.

I have had this table assignment concern each and every time I sail. This time I am doing My time dining so I won't have any problems.

Carnival is usually pretty good on making you happy.

Seriously .. Carnival does not allow you to make dinner table size requests... so at most someone can put a note on the booking and hope a maitre d' sees it...

If you want a table for 2, choose anytime.. lets not expect to ask for things that are not requestable. (my own made up word)

Please don't bother John with this kind of matter. For changes/requests in seating, go to the Maitre'D as soon as you board and make your request. That is the way it is supposed to be handled, but many people lately have gotten lazy or felt they were entitled to special help and have asked John to do what is supposed to be their responsibility. ( I certainly do not mean you, only speaking about other recent posters). He is a great guy and tries to help, but this is something you must do once onboard. Getting a table for 2 is possible if you ask early and politely generally. Good luck!

< like > button, for this post.

seriously .... if something is important then choose anytime not traditional.

We are cruising on the Glory next June & I would like to request a table for 2 in the MDR..Is this possible and if so, who would I contact? Thanks

Even if you were to ask John Heald it would do you no good until you are 1 week before sail date. Also, He is on holiday right now with his family.

Your best bet is to have your PVP or TA make a note on your booking and get to MDR during time specified (prior to actual dining time) in Funtimes.

Any change would not happen until the second night and the Maitred' will do his best but there is no guarantee.

There is an employee on the ship that can handle this request and his name is not John Heald...he bears the title of Maitre d' and he is available once you board to assist you. Go grab a Fun Times from the Pursers desk when you enter the Atrium lobby and the dining room location and time that the Maitre d' is available is clearly printed there. They will do everything in their power to accommodate your request. And, no, it is not necessary to grease his/her palm with money. Only if you are Platinum on Carnival will they guarantee assigned dining time but never table size.

Do Your Time Dining or wait in line after 1pm on boarding day to talk to the M'D. We only waited in line till CCL introduced "Your Time", then we requested that and always had a deuce.:) YTD is much more suited to our dining style anyway. We love it!:D

My husband and I always request a table for 2 and have always been accommodated. We go to the dining room after we get on the ship and see the Maitre d' and put in our request. The first night is with a group and later that night they slip an envelope under the door with your new table number. Give it a try, unless there have been many requests for a table for 2, I believe you will get your request. Enjoy your cruise.

There is an employee on the ship that can handle this request and his name is not John Heald...he bears the title of Maitre d' and he is available once you board to assist you. Go grab a Fun Times from the Pursers desk when you enter the Atrium lobby and the dining room location and time that the Maitre d' is available is clearly printed there. They will do everything in their power to accommodate your request. And, no, it is not necessary to grease his/her palm with money. Only if you are Platinum on Carnival will they guarantee assigned dining time but never table size.

John Heald happily provides the service of forwarding dinner table requests to the maitre 'd ahead (a week to 10 days) of the cruise. It is easier for the maitre 'd to handle a request ahead of time, especially if it a large group requiring more than 1 table.

Who are you to tell people not to ask John Heald? :eek:

Excuse me, I did not tell people not to contact John Heald. But, while we are on the subject, there are staff members on the ship whose primary job responsibilities include handling dining requests (Maitre d'), shore excursions (Shore Excursion Desk), account questions and a myriad of other topics (Purser's Desk). I have to laugh when I read John's blog and people are asking him for favors that should be directed to the responsible person either when making your cruise reservation or on the ship. Let's see, I'd like a round table in the dining room in the middle of the room so I can see all the wait staff singing and dancing, I'd like a special cake delivered to our table at a specific time and day, I'd like to be seated at a table by the window...all these requests should be handled by the Maitre d' once on board. The requests sent to John Heald are silly and I wonder how this got totally out of control. People have such a sense of entitlement, they believe they should receive extra special, personal, treatment. While John has always accommodated the requests he has received and is very gracious about doing so, there are people on board to assist you with any special requests.

Archived