Your fav

cruisecriticmember

What is your favorite river cruise line and why? Ours is Uniworld. I must confess we have Not tried any others. We liked Everything about the 2 cruises we have done: Danube east from Vienna and Danube west from Vienna. PLEASE: No flaming on this thread! Thanks!::)

going on AMA next June,,most river cruises and ships seem very similar and really no favorites,,all nice,food good,not great,cabins small but adequate,excursions fine....really choose itinerary ,,then ship...choosing AMA this time to try new 2 balcony cabins and new ship with 2 rest... going to Prague and Budapest which will be a first for me..fun to try new cruise lines and ships and varied itineraries...such a fun experience,,hate to limit myself..also enjoy ocean cruises so alternate...;)

My 'favorite' is Avalon ... the only company we have used ... of course, I am open-minded to try other companies in the future ...

We have used Globus for land vacations and found that Avalon is part of Globus. We knew what great service we had with Globus and thought that we would get the same kind of service with Avalon and we were correct.

This is hardly an unbiased 'favorite'. ;)

• 2 months later...

We have travelled with Gap on the Amazon, Vantage, AMAwaterways, Viking and Uniworld. We love Uniworld, but always look for the itinerary first. Viking's trip on the Elbe is wonderful, the other 2 we took not so. Uniworld remains our favorite. Pat

We love Uniworld. Have taken two river cruises and booked another one for next year. Once you've taken the first cruise, there are some repeat cruiser perks, including a cocktail party on board with the ship's officers, free laundry once during the cruise, and a $100 per person booking discount on the next cruise.

We have travelled with Uniworld, AMA and Scenic - and would travel with all of them again.

I do agree with pacmom, however --> and look for itinerary first. I then look at cost.

Many are loyal --> no reason to think about switching if you have had a positive experience on past cruises. But - there are many options to choose from - and many itineraries to enjoy.

Archived