Bon Voyage

kam2718

Is ordering from bon voyage worth it??

I know drink for drink its worth it because if you use 1 shot per drink you can have around 25 drinks per bottle. But the threads I have saw a lot of people mention making a drink in there own room.

I am going with 3 friends and we dont plan on sitting in our room that much. Nor do we plan on going back to the room every so often to mix another drink.

So is it really worth paying $40 for a bottle? Do people reall mix up a big jug of whatever and carry that around the cruise ship?

Is ordering from bon voyage worth it??

I know drink for drink its worth it because if you use 1 shot per drink you can have around 25 drinks per bottle. But the threads I have saw a lot of people mention making a drink in there own room.

I am going with 3 friends and we dont plan on sitting in our room that much. Nor do we plan on going back to the room every so often to mix another drink.

So is it really worth paying $40 for a bottle? Do people reall mix up a big jug of whatever and carry that around the cruise ship?

I wouldn't call it a big jug, but many people carry 32 oz. insulated mugs with or without alcohol in them. It's worth it for us because we drink quite a bit on cruises, so our bar bill is usually $$$$ But we do find ourselves in situations where we don't want to go back to the room, like in the middle of a show, so we still buy some from the bars.

We ended up bringing most of what we bought from Bon Voyage back home with us for the reasons you mentioned. I ended up buying plenty of drinks from the bar because it was easier, and it was fun having different types of drinks that we wouldn't usually have at home.

We ended up bringing most of what we bought from Bon Voyage back home with us for the reasons you mentioned. I ended up buying plenty of drinks from the bar because it was easier, and it was fun having different types of drinks that we wouldn't usually have at home.

I would agree, we started out planning to use BV for most drinks, but alas we took nearly two full bottles home.

I saved a ton of money. When I wanted to make a drink I would just go back to my cabin. Did I buy other drinks? Yes. But only when i just couldn't drink one more rum and coke. HAHA My sail and sign bill came out to $80 for a 7 nighter.

My husband orders from the Bon Voyage department and it works well for him. He will normally have a drink in the room or on the balcony while I get the kids and myself ready for dinner. Also, when we head out to the shows he will make a drink to take with him. Once in the lounge (or lido deck or where every our destination is) he will order any other drinks he may want from the bar. I guess it all depends on your "drinking pattern". :)

We purchased a bottle for the first time on our last cruise. At one point, I thought we weren't going to finish it...then came the day we almost missed the ship. Didn't have a problem finishing it when we finally got back onboard:eek:

We, also, purchased our fair share of drinks at the bar... love my kiss on the lips.

We purchased from BV last year and also still had a substantial bar bill. It was nice to have a few drinks in your own room or make one to take with you without spending a lot of money all of the time. Don't get me wrong, are bill was still good, but it did help keep it down. We also took on the 3 bottles of wine that we were permitted.

We will be ordering BV for this cruise, we may just purchase a wine package on board and still have a bar bill.

Man, vacation sure is a vicious cycle, but I love it and can't wait.:D

Ever hear of the term "pre-gaming"? We are using our BV liquor for that purpose - get a few in us as we get ready to go out and about for the ship's nightlife, then supplement with a few drinks from the bars as the night goes on ;)

Well after reading a few more of the posts I think I am going to order a couple bottles for my room. Even though I will still have a bar bill it would be nice to enjoy a drink on the balcony before dinner or later evening.

I noticed you are able to bring a 12 pack of soda; do that have to be packed in your luggage or can you just carry that on board?

I have ordered 2 bottles from Bon Voyage....vodka and coconut rum...I am bringing water bottles, crystal light mixes, cranberry juice and some pop to make drinks for the balcony and I have a 25oz tumbler that I will make a drink for the road in...I am bringing a flask to fill to bring to the lido deck where I can refill my tumbler with iced tea or lemnade and vodka...:D

I am having a hard time finding where to purchase the bottles from on BV. We will be bringing on 4 bottles of wine (1 per adult in our cabin), and I would really like to have at least 1 bottle of liquor for the room to "pre-game" with. Where would I find this area on carnival.com? Thanks in advance

You have to call, can't do it on line. here's the info:

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same [/font][/color]price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

Well after reading a few more of the posts I think I am going to order a couple bottles for my room. Even though I will still have a bar bill it would be nice to enjoy a drink on the balcony before dinner or later evening.

I noticed you are able to bring a 12 pack of soda; do that have to be packed in your luggage or can you just carry that on board?

You would have to carry it on. Rules say don't put in checked luggage. Many people apparantely still do this. They don't care for rules. :p

We usually mix a couple gin an tonics when we go up on deck, then another couple before dinner, then a few more after dinner. We still drink at bars, dinner, etc. But you figure 8 gin and tonics a day.....call them 7 bucks a pop....for 7 days....thats $392 bucks, so ya, I think BV is a good deal!!:)

Archived