Fantasy Questions

Esquared18

We are cruising to the Bahamas in October. This is my third cruise but first with Carnival and I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer for on their website.

1) Approximately how much do alcoholic drinks and soft drinks cost on board?

2) What are carry-on luggage restrictions? We'd like to not have to check anything, but I didn't know if we were limited as to how much we can carry on.

3) How do most people dress on the Cruise Elegant evenings?

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I've cruised with NCL before and found Cruise Critic to be so helpful before, so as soon as I booked this current one, I came straight here again. :)

People dress in all sorts on elegant night, from capris and a nice top to a formal. and everything in between.

Drinks to me are high and soda about $2 per can. You can CARRY ON, one bottle of wine per adult and 12 nonalchoholic drinks if you want. carry on only though.

Think carry on size for a airplane, same size approx. no limit to how many carry ons.

We are cruising to the Bahamas in October. This is my third cruise but first with Carnival and I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer for on their website.

1) Approximately how much do alcoholic drinks and soft drinks cost on board? Drinks range from $5 to $9 depending on the liqour. I think beer is on the lower end of that range. Soft drinks to buy a can is about $3.50 but they have a soda card that is $6 something a day but you get a glass of soda not the whole can.

2) What are carry-on luggage restrictions? We'd like to not have to check anything, but I didn't know if we were limited as to how much we can carry on. There are no real restrictions for size other than it has to be able to go through an airport type scanner. You can bring a 12 pack per person of water or soda and 1 750ml bottle of wine per person over 21.

3) How do most people dress on the Cruise Elegant evenings? The majority of people will be in Sunday church type cloths. Younger men seem to wear dockers with a shirt and tie, you'll see some suits and a few tuxes. Women wear anything from a Sunday dress to slacks and a sparkly top to cocktail dresses to evening gowns. Boys wear long pants and shirts, some with a tie. Girls tend to wear what I call easter sunday dresses or cute sundresses.

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I've cruised with NCL before and found Cruise Critic to be so helpful before, so as soon as I booked this current one, I came straight here again. :)

I hope that you enjoy your experience on Carnival I've never cruised with anyone else and still after 23 cruises don't have a desire to stray.

Drinks range from $5 to $9 depending on the liqour. I think beer is on the lower end of that range. Soft drinks to buy a can is about $3.50 but they have a soda card that is $6 something a day but you get a glass of soda not the whole can.

I think soda is like $1.95 a can plus 15% tip.. Im sure its not $3.50. still expensive though.

soda card is $4.50 per day for kids and $6 a day for adults plus the 15% tip. Iv seen them give a whole can a lot of times. ..especially at dinner, they always just sat the whole can wiht a glass of ice on the dinner table.

Archived