Split and dubrovnik

:cool:Wife has purchased some Kuna for Split and Dubrovnik for our cruise in August(14th start),and we are wondering if any of you kind soles can enlightened us how to use them once we have landed.As a a bad walker I couldn't do the walls of Dubr.a bit doubtful for the wife's you understand about clambering on any cable car!

So she and i wondering how could we make good use of our purchased Kunas whilst in Split and Dubr. and how much Kunas any of you could recommend buying?:D

:cool:Wife has purchased some Kuna for Split and Dubrovnik for our cruise in August(14th start),and we are wondering if any of you kind soles can enlightened us how to use them once we have landed.As a a bad walker I couldn't do the walls of Dubr.a bit doubtful for the wife's you understand about clambering on any cable car!

So she and i wondering how could we make good use of our purchased Kunas whilst in Split and Dubr. and how much Kunas any of you could recommend buying?:D

Hello

I have just got back from the Adriatic explorer yesterday, we didn't get any local currency for these ports as all seem to accept Euros, however if you want to walk the walls, get a bus or do the cable car you will need local currency, to walk the walls you can pay on credit card. We shared a Taxi to town in Dubrovnik we paid our half in euros (5) and the other couple paid in Kuna (35) The one thing we found is if you are going to buy drinks, food, icecream it seems to be cheaper if you pay in Kuna, we paid in euros and ended up paying 7 for two cokes.

If you are going to do the cable car and walls you need 70 each for the walls and I think it's 80 each for the cable car, not sure about the local bus though.

Personally I wouldn't really get that many if any at all, it really depends on what you are doing.

Another thing I would say is do Dubrovnik early, we got out before 9am and it was lovely and quiet, although scorching heat! by the time we were leaving the place was heaving, not pleasant at all! We were back on the boat by 11.30 and it was nice and quiet on deck also.

Hope this helps, hope you enjoy as much as we did.:D

Archived