Dry cleaning and dining questions (QM2)

K3nn7

Hello fellow Cunarders!

Embarking QM2 on wednesday, i have some questions for those in the know. I have some items that i think might be in for dry cleaning. Can those be delivered on the day of departure (includes tuxedo for next day use)? Also want to know if there is possible to change from early to late seating on embarkation day?

I have some items that i think might be in for dry cleaning. Can those be delivered on the day of departure (includes tuxedo for next day use)? Also want to know if there is possible to change from early to late seating on embarkation day?

I'm not sure if you mean that you have clothes at the cleaners that need to be sent to the ship, or if you want them cleaned on board. It's too late for White Star Luggage Service as the reservations must be made 35 days before your sailing date. Packages can't be sent because there is a supplier chain of custody. If you need dry cleaning done on board same-day service is available, but there is a premium service fee as the normal turn around time is 48hrs. I've not tried to change seating so maybe somebody here can help.

I'm not sure if you mean that you have clothes at the cleaners that need to be sent to the ship, or if you want them cleaned on board. It's too late for White Star Luggage Service as the reservations must be made 35 days before your sailing date. Packages can't be sent because there is a supplier chain of custody. If you need dry cleaning done on board same-day service is available, but there is a premium service fee as the normal turn around time is 48hrs. I've not tried to change seating so maybe somebody here can help.

What i mean is that i want to deliver items to dry cleaning onboard after embarkation. I'm aware of the procedures, but just wanted to know if they accepted items for dry cleaning on embarkation day. Thanks for your quick answer :)

I've not tried it on embarkation day but don't see why they would not. Mention it to your steward ASAP so that your tuxedo will be the first one in the queue. I'm sure they get a lot of requests for formal wear to be freshend up as people unpack.

Hello fellow Cunarders!

Embarking QM2 on wednesday, i have some questions for those in the know. I have some items that i think might be in for dry cleaning. Can those be delivered on the day of departure (includes tuxedo for next day use)? Also want to know if there is possible to change from early to late seating on embarkation day?

Hi K3nn. Soon after embarking, pack your dry cleaning in the bag provided (look in the closet cabinet for the bag, fill out the form) and give it to your steward. On my voyage a few weeks ago, I unpacked a gown and realized it was in need of pressing, left the bag with tag on the bed for our steward when we went to dinner, and the gown was returned the following afternoon, beautifully done. I have high regard for the laundry/dry cleaning service on board QM2.

Regarding your question regarding changing from early to late seating on embarkation day: it is possible, depending on availability. You will need to discuss any change in arrangements with the maitre d upon embarkation. I've only tried to do that once, and that was on my recent short July cruise . The line of passengers waiting to discuss changes with the maitre d went way past the elevator banks. We waited for ten minutes and the line barely moved so we left without requesting any change. As it turned out, we were very happy with the table we were assigned despite it not being what we requested.

Anyway, if you want to change your dining arrangements, you might find the second afternoon of your voyage provides a better opportunity to discuss possible changes with the maitre d, unless of course, you want to get it all settled on the first night of your voyage.

Looking forward to your posts about your voyage.

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Excuse me, I should have added that there is a deadline for when laundry/dry cleaning must be submitted for return the following day. Check with your steward upon embarkation if you need something returned the following afteroon. (Surcharges apply for priority service.) -S

Excuse me, I should have added that there is a deadline for when laundry/dry cleaning must be submitted for return the following day. Check with your steward upon embarkation if you need something returned the following afteroon. (Surcharges apply for priority service.) -S

What surcharge amount to you remember say for a white shirt or blouse? Jack Morris

They can do laundry the same day as embarkation. Our steward took our laundry shortly after we boarded, and unpacked, and it was returned before dinner.

Hi Whitemarsh. That's good to know. Where you in Britannia, or the Grills?

Archived