taking beer

holleygirl75

I am leaving from brooklyn on CB. I am trying to remember if I read it would be ok to bring beer on board with us. My Mich ultra is not on the ship. Can someone let me know?

I have taken a six pack or two on board, after port visits, but only after getting the OK from Gangway Security Staff as I leave the ship.

At the end of the day, it is the Gangway Security Staff who enforce the Alcohol policy, one way or the other.

I have taken a six pack or two on board, after port visits, but only after getting the OK from Gangway Security Staff as I leave the ship.

At the end of the day, it is the Gangway Security Staff who enforce the Alcohol policy, one way or the other.

Not in every port, so don't get too confident.

Not in every port, so don't get too confident.

I know that Pia, if they say NO to beer when I leave the ship, I don't bring it back. Anyway these days it would be Gluten Free beer and they don't stock it in Princess ships.

NSWP-Someone from our upcoming roll call contacted Princess about a gluten free diet, and this is a section of their response received about GF beer, for those interested.

'Gluten-free beer and gluten-free vodka are available for purchase by pre-order only and may only be consumed while onboard ship. The bottles cannot be taken off the vessel in any port. We offer Redbridge gluten-free beer by the case only (24 bottles) and LiV vodka. Please advise if you would like to pre-order as we require 21 days advance notice to fulfill beer orders and 30 days advance notice for vodka orders. Product branding is subject to change as per market availability.'

• 1 year later...
Has anyone ordered the Redbridge GF beer for on board consumption? Can you drink it anywhere or just in your cabin / balcony. It seems worth doing if you can take it to any of the public areas but not sure otherwise.

If it is a glass bottle, not in the pool areas.

NSWP-Someone from our upcoming roll call contacted Princess about a gluten free diet, and this is a section of their response received about GF beer, for those interested.

'Gluten-free beer and gluten-free vodka are available for purchase by pre-order only and may only be consumed while onboard ship. The bottles cannot be taken off the vessel in any port. We offer Redbridge gluten-free beer by the case only (24 bottles) and LiV vodka. Please advise if you would like to pre-order as we require 21 days advance notice to fulfill beer orders and 30 days advance notice for vodka orders. Product branding is subject to change as per market availability.'

Correct, that was me and I did order it it from Princess pre cruise. It was put on board Coral for me at Fort Lauderdale. I drank it around the ship, only queried once by a barman, but once I told me it was a GF as I am a coeliac and hte beer was supplied by Princess, paid for by me on my shipboard a/c, no problem.

Has anyone ordered the Redbridge GF beer for on board consumption? Can you drink it anywhere or just in your cabin / balcony. It seems worth doing if you can take it to any of the public areas but not sure otherwise.

Yes, I have, see my reply to Toto Kansas. I contacted Princess precruise and it was delivered to my cabin, I paid for it via my on board a/c. I drank it around the ship as they do not stock GF beer on Princess Ships. Redbridge, not the best, but drinkable. If you are challenged by staff in the lounges/bars, just explain it was provided by Princess at your cost, no problems.

Enjoy !

Archived