How to know in advance what nights are formal nights

Mimmers

Is there a way to find out in advance which dates are the formal nights?

Our cruise (10 day Roman Empire) is Sept 15th to 25th which is the end part of a 20 day Mediterranean cruise.

I don't want to make 2 booking at the Pinnacle Grill on formal nights and I understand that the Pinnacle Grill books up fast.

I say formal nights as I read here on a 7 day cruise you have 1 formal night,

and on a 10 day crusie you have 2 formal nights.

I can make some educated guesses when they will be. The first will usually be your first sea day, and the second will be three or four days after that on a sea day or on a port day which you depart early (say before 4:00p).

Almost certainly your first will be Sep 16th, your first sea day. Most likely you will have a second on Sep 19th when you leave Katakolon at 2:00p. It will definitely not be Sep 20 or 21 because of the late departures, and probably not the 22nd. You may even have a 3rd one on the 23rd since it is a sea day and not the last day before debarkation.

If you don't get any better info than this, make your reservations based on those guesses and check your daily Explorer program upon boarding for the actual days, then go to the PG to try to change them if necessary.

Is there a way to find out in advance which dates are the formal nights?

Our cruise (10 day Roman Empire) is Sept 15th to 25th which is the end part of a 20 day Mediterranean cruise.

I don't want to make 2 booking at the Pinnacle Grill on formal nights and I understand that the Pinnacle Grill books up fast.

I say formal nights as I read here on a 7 day cruise you have 1 formal night,

and on a 10 day crusie you have 2 formal nights.

They tell me it is up to the cruise director to set the formal nights. Sometimes they change the nights.

I think we had three formal nights on this cruise in June. I know one was the first sea day and I will need to check about the others. One night the Pinnacle is closed or I should say open only for those doing "Cirque night." The last night out of Messina was the event in the main dining room where the waiters sing etc. (forget what it is called) and the Pinnacle is also closed that night so we went to Canalettos. I did not have a lot of difficulty with reservations in the Pinnacle once on the ship. I had made two reservations prior to departure, as we were on for 20 days, but we ate there I think once more and had no problem getting a spot.

We had several great private excursions in the ports of Greece, Turkey, etc.

This is a great trip. You are going to have an amazing time and be exhausted when you return.

So wish I could go again! Here is a link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1440432

The last night out of Messina was the event in the main dining room where the waiters sing etc. (forget what it is called) and the Pinnacle is also closed that night ...
Usually the night of the Master Chef's Dinner in the MDR is a very popular night for booking the PG. I'm very surprised to hear that it was closed for you.

I had read your review bernie5! Glad you had such a great trip, lucky you to stay in the penthouse but you certainly deserved such a treat.

I had to call HAL as I had booked the Pinnacle Grill on what turns out to be the first formal night and one can not cancel or edit the booking on-line. The rep canceled and then booked us on the 15th.

The rep said the formal nights were 16,19, and 23.

September 22nd is Le Cirque night.

Archived