Ncl sun

iluvdoxies

oh COOL definitely will have to TRY this option when we are sailing her for 2 weeks!!

I haven't seen a lot of what Moderno is serving for breakfast and lunch, but when it was the PH for lunch they had things like made to order spaghetti (sauce with meat or without or they had a white cream sauce), calzones, pizza, small sub-like sandwiches. Also, at a certain time of day they would put out guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips in the area between Moderno and the Sports Bar. Plus there was popcorn in the Sports Bar.

Pacific Heights was there when we cruised last year and we ate there for breakfast and had pizza for lunch maybe twice, but that was a NO PAY so MODERNO is PAY do they charge you for lunch?

No charge for breakfast or lunch. For breakfast, a very nice continental buffet is set up -- also meats, cheeses, breads, oatmeals with different toppings you pick yourself. This was also the only place that I could find skim milk. There are also breakfast pizzas, breakfast calzones.

At lunch there was a salad bar and sandwich offerings. You could also make your own. There were soups available. A pizza and pasta station were also available.

I haven't seen a lot of what Moderno is serving for breakfast and lunch, but when it was the PH for lunch they had things like made to order spaghetti (sauce with meat or without or they had a white cream sauce), calzones, pizza, small sub-like sandwiches. Also, at a certain time of day they would put out guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips in the area between Moderno and the Sports Bar. Plus there was popcorn in the Sports Bar.

DOnt worry its the same for breakfast and lunch like it was under pacific heights.. only difference is dinner it turns into moderno! which is FABULOUS!:D

No charge for breakfast or lunch. For breakfast, a very nice continental buffet is set up -- also meats, cheeses, breads, oatmeals with different toppings you pick yourself. This was also the only place that I could find skim milk. There are also breakfast pizzas, breakfast calzones.

At lunch there was a salad bar and sandwich offerings. You could also make your own. There were soups available. A pizza and pasta station were also available.

Sounds like they have moved what they used to do at Las Ramlas down to Moderno - presumably because Moderno has the big salad bar. Is Las Ramblas have anything at lunch anymore?

We are set to sail on the Sun on October 15th, we are super excited, we are booked in Mini Suite 1212, this will be our 3rd cruise but 1st on this paticular ship.

We just booked 1212 on the Sun for a 22 day cruise on April 21st. I hope you like your room and would like to hear about how the location is.

Nothing for lunch at Las Ramblas, but maybe it is open for bar service. not sure if there was tappas available or not.

Sounds like they have moved what they used to do at Las Ramlas down to Moderno - presumably because Moderno has the big salad bar. Is Las Ramblas have anything at lunch anymore?

Clay, you are correct. No food at las ramblas.

Nothing for lunch at Las Ramblas, but maybe it is open for bar service. not sure if there was tappas available or not.

Thanks for the update. Makes sense....it was never very popular at lunch I suspect because it is up a level from the rest of the buffet offerings. As long as they still have their prepared veggie salad sandwich, very tasty...very oniony.

Las Ramblas still does tapas in the evening, 4 types per night.

Yes, I should have clarified what I posted above. Tapas are available in las ramblas. My post was referring to the sandwich, salad, soup offerings at lunch and the breakfast.

Hmmm. At Moderno, the sandwich station was a make your own. Which we liked. They did have tuna salad each day, and a salad bar veggie selection so you could put exactly what you wanted on your sandwich. It was very fresh, they only put out the rolls a little at a time, same with the cold cuts and cheese. I am sure you will be pleased when you see the set up.

Thanks for the update. Makes sense....it was never very popular at lunch I suspect because it is up a level from the rest of the buffet offerings. As long as they still have their prepared veggie salad sandwich, very tasty...very oniony.

Although it is not the cruise you are going on, if you would like a quick view of the ship with some of the entrees, restaurants, and other parts of the ship, I have just finished a review on the Sun. You have made a great choice, the Sun is a great ship with a great staff.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1432751

Thanks so much for the link - I will read it.

After just sailing the CCL Destiny I think The Great Outdoors on the SUN is way better. The Destiny Lido Buffet was a zoo, and the lines always seemed very long and there was no way to cut around and just grab what you wanted. At least on the SUN there were plates everywhere and you can cut and skip around the buffet and just get what you want.

So, IMO, the buffet on the SUN isn't bad at all! I'd take it any day over what I just experienced on the Destiny!

We are set to sail on the Sun on October 15th, we are super excited, we are booked in Mini Suite 1212, this will be our 3rd cruise but 1st on this paticular ship.

We are booked in 1212 for the April TA and Baltic capitals. Hope it is a great room as we will be in it for 22 days. Let us know.

Archived