QM2 - which restaurants is there a cover charge and how much?

karenbeanpole

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/search?nlpq=Restaurants+QM2&kb=&x=9&y=7

How much are the cover charges in the select dining restaurants?

As these restaurants can be very popular, it is recommended that you book a table as soon as possible once on board. You can do this via telephoning the restaurant from your stateroom or by contacting the Restaurant Manager.

In the Todd English restaurant on Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, lunch is available for $20 per person and dinner is available for $35 per person.

On Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 there is a $10pp supplement on themed nights in the optional dining areas. The evening buffet is free of charge but the Indian/Chinese/French/Italian dining with full waiter service in the Lido and Kings Court will be charged at this rate.

What are the select dining venues on Queen Mary 2?

Todd English offers lunch at $20*pp and dinner at $35*pp.

Some areas of the Kings Court will have select dining options, such as Chinese, Carvery and Chef's table.

Please see "How much are the cover charges in the restaurants?" for further details.

What are the dining venues on Queen Mary 2?

There are a number of dining venues on board:

Queens Grill - Reserved for guests in Queen Grill suites and penthouses.

Princess Grill - Reserved for guests in Princess Grill suites.

Britannia Club - Reserved for guests in the top Britannia staterooms (AA).

Britannia Restaurant - Main restaurant reserved for guests in Britannia staterooms.

Kings Court - Buffet restaurant with four theme reastaurants in the evening.

La Piazza - Italian theme restaurant.

Lotus - Asian / Oriental theme restaurant.

The Carvery - Traditional British roast.

Chef's Galley - Interactive dining.

Todd English - Alternative dining restaurant. Lunch at $20 per person*, dinner at $30 per person*.

Golden Lion - Traditional pub lunch.

Boardwalk Cafe - Light grill dishes on open decks.

Sir Samuels - Deli style sandwiches and pastries during the day, along with speciality coffees (coffees at a charge). Hot canapes served pre dinner.

Queens Room - Afternoon tea

Room Service - Hot and cold dishes available; Grill guests may order from restaurant menu.

I can reccomend Sir Samuels lunches (you pay only for your drink - in my case tea) I also go there mid afternoon for tea and pastries rather than Queens Room.

You can also get freshly prepared while you wait sandwiches (shrimp, tuna, roast beef) etc at the deli in the Kings Court .

I do not recommend room service, often I have been told it will take an hour to bring me a Club sandwich, though the Ice cream Bomb is a delight, but again you may have to wait too long to receive it.

Have a good trip

Just off the QM2. There is no spa-style restaurant like some cruise ships offer, but there are Canyon Ranch Spa selections on the MDR dinner menu. For breakfast and lunch, you'll just have to put it together yourself. Presumably due to the limitations of provisioning for 7 days, fresh produce is minimal, a little better with fruits. Lots of sauces and similarly "heavy" preparations!

I agree with Jimsgrl about the nice French bistro-inspired offerings (lunch) in Sir Samuels. The pub also offers standard pub fare, including a pretty good daily curry.

Somehow, we managed to be too busy to ever get our Todd English meal, but we heard all positive reviews. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner in the Chef's Galley. The cuisine changes nightly and includes French, Italian and Indian. IIRC the room seats only 44, and your meal is prepared fresh for just your group, so the quality is optimum. The cooking demo was fun and informative, and you take away a souvenir recipe card for the entire meal. I think it's an amazing value at $10 per person. You must call ahead to reserve; they can detail the menu by course so you can decide if it is suitable for your tastes.

Archived