Capt Bob - Soualiga Destinations

No, don't go with Captain Bob if one of your party gets easily sea sick, you'll regret it. You want something gentler. Alternatively, talk to Bob about changing the itinerary to keep it calmer, but he would have to adjust the stops you make. We enjoyed crossing the big waves; your guy would surely not.

Considering Capt. Bob for our Sept. Oasis cruise. One problem: DH gets seasick. He's fine on cruise ships with Dramamine in him-- He usually takes extra if we need to tender in to somewhere, and he's OK for a 30-45 min. tender. How choppy are the waters? Is this not a good excursion for us? The reviews sound amazing, but I definitely don't want DH to get sick! --Katie

You DH would not do well in the small speedboat. It is a fast boat and does get a little rough hitting waves at high speed.

His website is still under construction? :confused:Hope returns soon as I need more information before booking. Cruise isn't til January 2013 so guess plenty of time.:D

We sailed with Capt Bob 4/2012. His website did not work at that time either.

We had a great time with him.

The boat is not large (about 10 passengers plus Bob).

Go to Trip Advisor - lots of praise for Capt Bob there.

Edited by texkan

How did you book an excurison with Capt Bob...if website down?:eek:

We sailed with Capt Bob 4/2012. His website did not work at that time either.

We had a great time with him.

The boat is not large (about 10 passengers plus Bob).

Go to Trip Advisor - lots of praise for Capt Bob there.

Thanks for help...emailed and got a quick reply! :) Not cruising til Jan 2013 but looks great!

Bob makes it very easy to make deposit. Glad you are booked. Since his boat is small and his excursion is great, you need to book early.

We are booked to go with him again March 2013.

We have not booked yet as we are not cruising til Jan 2013...a little early?

Bob makes it very easy to make deposit. Glad you are booked. Since his boat is small and his excursion is great, you need to book early.

We are booked to go with him again March 2013.

Took your advice and booked just need to put down deposit!:D

Capt Bob deposit is low. You can cancel if you need.

Hope you have a great cruise (what ship) and enjoy Capt Bob. We learned of Capt Bob by a poster on this thread. So glad we went with him April '12.

Jan '13 will be here before you know. Have good time and come back and let us know how you liked the excursion :)

We are going on RCI Vision of the Seas/ St Maartens on Jan 8(Tues)2013. With about 5-6 other ships!:eek: I'm glad we are booked.Thanks again. Pam

Capt Bob deposit is low. You can cancel if you need.

Hope you have a great cruise (what ship) and enjoy Capt Bob. We learned of Capt Bob by a poster on this thread. So glad we went with him April '12.

Jan '13 will be here before you know. Have good time and come back and let us know how you liked the excursion :)

We are going on RCI Vision of the Seas/ St Maartens on Jan 8(Tues)2013. With about 5-6 other ships!:eek: I'm glad we are booked.Thanks again. Pam

Just returned on 5/27 Allure sailing and used Capt Bob as well. We had our family group of 10 including 3 kids and we all agreed it was the highlight of our trip! Bob is fantastic and take you to great places. Very accomodating and personable. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I just booked the same trip. I guess we'll meet onboard, lol. We're coming in from the Norwegian Epic. In the confirmation email Capt. Bob states that drinks with lunch and gratuities are not included. Do you know if that means drinks & gratuities or drinks, lunch, and gratuities are not included? I'm trying to figure out how much cash I should bring. Also, I'd love to know if the ship will be on the same time as St. Maarten but we're in port 8-6 so I'm sure we'll be fine either way.

Hey, I just booked the same trip. I guess we'll meet onboard, lol. We're coming in from the Norwegian Epic. In the confirmation email Capt. Bob states that drinks with lunch and gratuities are not included. Do you know if that means drinks & gratuities or drinks, lunch, and gratuities are not included? I'm trying to figure out how much cash I should bring. Also, I'd love to know if the ship will be on the same time as St. Maarten but we're in port 8-6 so I'm sure we'll be fine either way.

Drinks with lunch and gratuities are not included in the price (lunch is paid for, included in fee you paid Capt Bob).

You purchase your drinks for lunch. I do not remember tips at lunch because Capt Bob was our waiter (he is a nice man that wears many hats) LOL.

Capt Bob does accept gratuities at end of excursion.

Edited by texkan

Capt Bob only will take cash at the end of the tour....so make sure you have enough cash for the remaining deposit and your drink tab/tip. I believe the crusie ship will change to the local time of the port. See you then! :) Pam

Edited by grammyprf

Hey All -

A bunch of us CC'ers were on Captain Bob's tour in April. The experience is/was beyond expectation - you will see and experience more in those few hours with Captain Bob then you would ever expect to.....have a great time...

Happy Sails....

• 2 months later...

We have this tour reserved, but I received an email yesterday from Capt. Bob saying he will not be onboard, but the other captain will provide the same experience. Has anyone been on this tour with Captain Tyrel? I have not seem him mentioned and am wondering if I should look for an alternative? Thanks for any input.

We have this tour reserved, but I received an email yesterday from Capt. Bob saying he will not be onboard, but the other captain will provide the same experience. Has anyone been on this tour with Captain Tyrel? I have not seem him mentioned and am wondering if I should look for an alternative? Thanks for any input.

If you go to tripadvisor you will find many reviews from people that had one of Capt. Bob's asocciates as their captain and all seem to be extremely happy. Capt. Bob has a great reputation that he values highly and would not offer you a sub par experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Booked with Captain Bob for Dec. 19th when we are there with the Dream...

Couple of minor questions...

1) How much were the sodas and water offered on board?

(so I can insure we have enough cash to settle up at the end.)

2) Is there a bathroom (head) on the boat?

Never taken an excursion on such a small boat.

I assume there is a bathroom at the restaurant, lunch stop.

Just curious about riding between stops what is available.

Thanks in advance...

Bill

Booked with Captain Bob for Dec. 19th when we are there with the Dream...

Couple of minor questions...

1) How much were the sodas and water offered on board?

(so I can insure we have enough cash to settle up at the end.)

2) Is there a bathroom (head) on the boat?

Never taken an excursion on such a small boat.

I assume there is a bathroom at the restaurant, lunch stop.

Just curious about riding between stops what is available.

Thanks in advance...

Bill

Capt Bob does not charge for drinks/water on his boat. You are not allowed to take drinks/water to lunch at the restaurant. There is NO bathroom on the boat. Yes, bathroom at restaurant or go in the Caribbean just like the fish.

The stops are areas to snorkel and one very nice stop for lunch. Bob provides snorkel gear for those that do not have their own.

Bob does appreciate tip at end of excursion.

Edited by texkan