Transportation from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty Cruise Port???

allthatjazz

I know that RCCL offers the transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal, but does anyone have any recommendations from any other companies to use or to stay away from to get to the port from the Newark airport and then back to the airport from the cruise port? Thanks so much, I have been having trouble finding shuttle information for our upcoming cruise. Thanks :):):)

It is very close to the airport, so a cab shouldn't cost too much. We live in Maryland, so we drove up the nite before and parked attheport

Taxis in NJ are very expensive and it will cost about $50 plus tolls and tip for the relatively short ride from EWR to the port.

try http://www.blackexecutivecars.com

i have used them several times....$40-50 is to be expected whether it is a car service or cab.

On the way back, there is a taxi line, and a shuttle (17 bucks PP, but they will wait until it is full...and they get squishy sometimes......)

http://www.winstontrans.com/service_to_from_bayonne_cruise

is another option but i have never used them..in fact i just found them yesterday......

hth

try http://www.blackexecutivecars.com

i have used them several times....$40-50 is to be expected whether it is a car service or cab.

On the way back, there is a taxi line, and a shuttle (17 bucks PP, but they will wait until it is full...and they get squishy sometimes......)

http://www.winstontrans.com/service_to_from_bayonne_cruise

is another option but i have never used them..in fact i just found them yesterday......

hth

All indications are (and I had also checked their Web site out some months ago and came to the same conclusion) that they only provide transportation between Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island and the airports and cruise terminals, not between EWR and the Cape Liberty cruise port. If you try to book a test trip on their site, you'll see what I mean. Their home page is a little misleading.

All indications are (and I had also checked their Web site out some months ago and came to the same conclusion) that they only provide transportation between Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island and the airports and cruise terminals, not between EWR and the Cape Liberty cruise port. If you try to book a test trip on their site, you'll see what I mean. Their home page is a little misleading.

OK...thanks for that......a little misleading is an understatement...

Soooo scratch that one.....

I know that RCCL offers the transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal, but does anyone have any recommendations from any other companies to use or to stay away from to get to the port from the Newark airport and then back to the airport from the cruise port? Thanks so much, I have been having trouble finding shuttle information for our upcoming cruise. Thanks :):):)

Hello - This is what we have found for (2) people for transportation from EWR (Newark Airport) to Cape Liberty Cruise port:

01) RCCL Transfer costs are $ 55.00 outbound for (2) people.

Pros: Pre-Arranged, Pre-Paid, Cost Effective for (2) People, No Tips

Cons: Possible Wait Times, Crowds, multiple terminal pick-up points

02) Taxi Cab costs are approximately $ 50.00 outbound for (2) people.

Pros: Cost Effective for (2) People, One Pick-Up point (You)

Cons: Possible Additional fees for Tolls. Additional fee for Tip. If

metered, additional fees may be incurred, i.e. traffic tie-ups.

03) Car Service costs are approximately $ 50.00 outbound for (2) people.

Pros: Cost Effective for (2) People, One Pick-Up point (You), Pre-

Arrange Pick-Up time, Set Travel Destination Fare (not metered)

Cons: Additional fees for Tip.

To answer your question: One of the Car Services that has been mentioned in several posts here on CC is Black Executive (website = http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/) Hope this helps out : )

Edited by snoozycruisee

• 1 year later...

Having read positive comments on this company I have booked with them and the confirmation says

PU Liberty Cruiseport

DO EWR

...so it appears they do service these areas.

Has anyone used or had any problems with this company?

http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/index.html

Awesome, thanks.

Last time we arrived in Bayonne with no pre-booking it was bedlam, especially since we were a foursome, so hoping this time will be much better. Will let you know. :)

Enchantment 2010

Explorer 2011

Enchantment 2012

Grandeur 2013

Explorer 2013

Having read positive comments on this company I have booked with them and the confirmation says

PU Liberty Cruiseport

DO EWR

...so it appears they do service these areas.

Has anyone used or had any problems with this company?

http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/index.html

My comments (made two years ago) on not providing service between EWR and Cape Liberty were in reference to Winston Transportation, not Black Executive Cars.

Sorry, my mistake. No criticism intended. I noticed it was a dated post and hoped that things had perhaps changed since then and wanted it to be made know. I too had researched Winston and found it to be as you said.

Cape liberty to the airport works differently. They offer shared shuttles to the airport for $16/pp. When you come through customs you make a left and go to the taxi dispatcher at the end of the tent and he will put you in a van to the airport.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody used the Celebrity transfers from the airport to the cruiseport? My husband booked this for us to use in 6 weeks. Last time we used a car service for about the same price, but he thinks this will be less hassle. I'm worried about sitting on a bus waiting for other flights to come in, etc. Thoughts?

What are you paying for the transfers? What time does your flight arrive? I haven't used them, but there is a definite possibility that you will wait for others. If a car service is close in price, I think you would be better off with that.

Cancel the transfers and book a car service. The flight arrives too early. The one time I took transfers in FLL, my mother and I arrived about 10:00 am and cooled our heels for a long time before they started the shuttles. They won't take folks to the pier before boarding starts.

Cape Liberty won't start to board until about 11:30 at the earliest. Split your wait time. Book a car service for 9:30 or 10 am. Take your time getting off the plane and take time for coffee or breakfast. When you get to the port, you will be among the first to arrive, so you will have a low number for the buses. Go through security and check in and get some more coffee and cookies in the lounge.

Cape liberty to the airport works differently. They offer shared shuttles to the airport for $16/pp. When you come through customs you make a left and go to the taxi dispatcher at the end of the tent and he will put you in a van to the airport.

We thought about taking an express bus from Manhatten to NWR and then hoping to use a shared van to the terminal. Apparently it is not offered.

So they offer shared shuttles TO the airport but not FROM the airport to the terminal. Wouldn't be a common sense to use the shuttles in both directions even on a limited basis?

We thought about taking an express bus from Manhatten to NWR and then hoping to use a shared van to the terminal. Apparently it is not offered.

So they offer shared shuttles TO the airport but not FROM the airport to the terminal. Wouldn't be a common sense to use the shuttles in both directions even on a limited basis?

It's difficult to do from the airport. Passengers arrive at different terminals at different times of the day. This isn't like Miami, where a number of ships are likely in port on the same day so there's a large passenger load. At Cape Liberty there's only one ship in port at a time.

Contrast that with cruise disembarkation, where passengers are all leaving the ship from the same place over a short time span, so it's easy to just line up the vans to take passengers to the airport.

Edited by njhorseman

You have public transit options to Bayonne that involve a bus from Port Authority to Bayonne and calling a cab to the port or taking Path from 33rd St to Hoboken, the light rail to Bayonne, and calling a cab to the port. The Path/light rail is very easy with luggage - we can provide details. The cab companies are used to picking folks up at the light rail, which is right at the entrance to the port.

• 2 months later...

Cape Liberty Shuttle

I had heard that getting a Taxi from Cape Liberty Cruise ship Terminal to Manhattan can be a trying experience so I elected to arrange transportation. I contacted Cape Liberty who quoted me $60 for a shuttle or $99 including tip and tolls for a private vehicle for my wife and I. They gave me a number to text with my debarkation info and a telephone number to call when I collected my luggage. They appeared very professional, with confirmation emails. I texted my debarkation info to them two days before the pick-up and then called them at 09:15 when I had collected my luggage and was waiting for pick-up. I went to the pick-up area and found myself with a growing group of unhappy Cape Liberty Shuttle customers. Two groups had been waiting for over an hour for their shuttles to the airport. After waiting for 45 minutes, I called for the status of our vehicle and was told my car would be their in 10 minutes. 10 minutes later, the shuttle bus did finally show up for one of the airport groups. I asked that driver to check on the status of my vehicle and when he tried to call the dispatcher, there was no answer. He tried to call the company owner and again no answer. 20 minutes later I called again and was told the car would be right there. It wasn’t. While waiting we talked to two women from Canada who had purchased the Shuttle transportation to Manhattan from Cape Liberty Shuttle and had been waiting as long as we had. Finally at 11:00 our car arrived. We asked the driver to check on the status on the Manhattan Shuttle, but he said he could not get a phone signal. When we arrived at the hotel, the driver requested the payment, and so I paid him the full amount. My fault as I got this transport confused with another one we had book and had not pre-paid. When I got home, I realized that I had pre-paid Cape Liberty. When I requested reimbursement, Cape Liberty’s response was “too bad”.

Two days after we arrived in New York, we ran into the two women from Canada at the Empire State building. They said they waited another half hour after we left for their ride to Manhattan. During their ride in, the driver demanded and additional $40 for making him wait. When they refused, he threatened to drop them off in the middle of Jersey City.

I would NOT recommend this service! I would recommend Martin Antigua Transportation (917-418-2877) or Victor Li (917-885-1808) we used them (they work together) in Manhattan and were very happy with their service. They were prompt, accommodating and more reasonable than Cape Liberty.

• 7 months later...

Brilliant Transportation does this, but it's expensive. If you're looking for cheap limo or Uber-like service they wouldn't be a good fit. If you're looking for the Downton Abbey experience, you may check with them. If you have a group, they specialize in the Mercedes Sprinter vans... so if you have a lot of luggage it makes sense.

I know with EmpireCLS, they do a lot of transfers from one point to another and are usually priced pretty competitively. As low as the prices are, if you are looking for an alternative to a taxi (recommended) EmpireCLS can be a perfect solution for that route.