thong swimsuits allowed onboard?

chickenhead

technically i guess i was asking permission from the cruise line since i wanted to know if they had a rule against it.

otherwise, i can see that maybe someone might think i was wondering if people were going to throw tomatos at me if i wore one. but that is not what i meant.

whenever i used the word 'allowed' i certainly meant 'was the cruise line going to allow it'.

so maybe i should have posted this originally:

"first time cruiser, was wondering if the cruise line had a rule that would not allow me to wear a thong swimsuit on the ship?"

somehow, i don't really think that would have changed many posts.

oh, and how do you get that blue quote bar thing?

if i would have known how to do that we could have avoided the whole 'upset' thing.:)

Take a look at the lower right hand side of the post and you will see the quote button, just click on it and a new window opens up with that posts comments at the top and room for your additional comments......like this!

whenever i used the word 'allowed' i certainly meant 'was the cruise line going to allow it'.

I knew what you meant the first time. It would seem a little silly to ask if it was okay with other cruisers.

Wear what makes you comfortable - both physically and emotionally. As long as it's not prohibited, and you find a thong comfortable physically, and you are comfortable that you're not dressed too far differently than others around you.... go for it!

I do reserve my right to have a opinion on your choice of attire - but I most likely won't tell you unless you ask! I like to watch people anyway, and the one's who dare to stand out from the crowd (for whatever reason) get most of my attention.

Also, as a guy ... I reserve the right to look a little longer if someone is attractive - especially in a thong. ;)

(Interesting how this topic has gone!)

It would seem a little silly to ask if it was okay with other cruisers....

(Interesting how this topic has gone!)

I echo this sentiment - this has been a very entertaining read (drama is fun). I had to come out of "lurk mode" for this one. :) It honestly started out as "am I allowed to wear one" and the nature of the thong brought on the throng of "well you can, but you shouldn't" and the crusade against thongs commenced. Very interesting. :D

To answer the question, yes, they are allowed. I have seen thongs on all of my cruises and hope to see more on my upcoming ones. I must say, they don't look comfortable but, if you say so.. This has been a very entertaining post. Thank you Chickenhead.

"noticed several women wearing thongs"

"saw a heavy set woman wearing a thong"

"would definitely not recommend this for the guys"

why not for the guys?

and by the way, you CAN bounce a quarter off my rear end.

Well I've got a quarter... :D

You proabably would be stared at by all ages and both sexes. Are you the type who doesn't mind that and is comfortable with a whole ship looking at you or not? Cruise ship passengers tend to be 30 something to 80 somethings. I guess it would depend on the type of cruise you took and where you took it to. I've only sailed twice. Once on Celebrity and once on Carnival. Most of the people on my cruises were around my age (40 something) and we did not see one thong.

Hairy Butt or Butt Crack - No!!!!

Otherwise - Yes!!

I people watch but I keep my thoughts to myself... Its' really nobody elses business what swimwear anyone wears. From what I understand they even have a topless deck , Right?

I've found this thread very amusing. Thongs don't bother me... then again they don't bother most men... just distract us:D. However, I believe each to his/her own. What I find funny is that I guarantee you there will be a woman commenting on how vulgar it is when she sees someone wearing a thong... but at the same time she has a top cut so low that it leaves nothing to the imagination. Are thongs appropriate in a restaurant... I'd say no. On a cruise ship by the pool... I'd say a couple square inches less of material really makes no difference. Most 2-piece leave nothing to the imagination anyway.

It's simple.........

If you are a decent, moral, human being, you wouldn't even dream of showing your rear end to others.

If not, well, I guess you might do anything.

I don't show mine and I don't want to look at yours!

And my family will want to enjoy the pool and not have to leave if there are body parts that should be covered hanging out all over the place!

What a read this thread is!!!!! Okay I have to add my thoughts. Since you stated you haven't booked a cruise yet you should know that some cruiselines are more thong friendly than others. I suggest you find out which ones those are and then neither passengers or you will have any problems. My personal preference is I choose to avoid those lines.

I suggest you ask this question on all cruiseline boards and you will see some are more in line with your lifestyle.

Food for thought: Just because something is legal or allowed it's selfish to not consider othe people. It seems from your latest posts that you are aware of this. :)

If you like the thong, go for it. If a thong is the biggest thing others have to worry about, I WISH I/we were that lucky. Hoping to see you on a cruise sometime/somewhere.

Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!!!

Matt

What a read this thread is!!!!! Okay I have to add my thoughts. Since you stated you haven't booked a cruise yet you should know that some cruiselines are more thong friendly than others. I suggest you find out which ones those are and then neither passengers or you will have any problems.

I have the answer;) :

http://www.easycruise.com/

You save on the crusie and you save on the swimsuit material!:D

Well the reason I don't wear a thong has more to do with what happened to my hind end after two kids in two years at 39 and 40 more than the whole "mom" thing.. I also don't go topless cause I don't have my chest, just the bags they came in..

On that note, badabum, you know more than you need to know.

I always enjoy your posts but this was classic. Funny girl!

First off, it's not just the cheeks that bother me....why even bother to put anything on? Whether you like it or not, it IS nudity. I could give 2 craps what they do in Europe, I don't live there. I feel it[wearing such attire] is part of the moral decay in this country.

It's disrespectful to wear them in mixed company, in my opinion. If you are at South Beach, or a similar beach where it is done, and people expect it there, then I can see that. But to wear it on a ship, where there will be a number of people, including children, who find it offensive, is completely self centered. Of course exhibitionist are self centered though.

A foreign flagged ship sailing in international waters, yet on the thong issue you want to impose middle-american puritanical morality on an international passenger manifest?

Judging others to your moral standards is also completely self-centered, as well as believing you are correct.

INTOLERANCE is decaying this country, not morality.

You said that you were already aware of how most felt on the subject so what again is the motivation to pose the question when you already know the answer? To effect change? Then might I suggest you use your obviously fertile mind and contact your local congressman and lobby for such change.

Too late, thongs are legal.

I have NO desire to ever come to understand someone with your views

progressive thinker everybody! :) (and maybe a little self centered?);)

ROTFLMAO!

And ladies, please do the pits as well. That's yuck!!!!

some cultures consider that sexy, along with hairy legs.

It's simple.........

If you are a decent, moral, human being, you wouldn't even dream of showing your rear end to others.

If not, well, I guess you might do anything.

So thong wearers are indecent & immoral? All from a swimsuit?

A foreign flagged ship sailing in international waters, yet on the thong issue you want to impose middle-american puritanical morality on an international passenger manifest?

Judging others to your moral standards is also completely self-centered, as well as believing you are correct.

INTOLERANCE is decaying this country, not morality.

Well it may be a foreign flagged ship, but I'd be willing to bet that the passenger manifest majority IS american. I will judge you if you dress like a hoochie mama, in a public arena, where there is a mixed crowd. Your comment about tolerance is laughable.

Just came back to see where this went. Oh My Goodness. We went from can I wear one to you are not moral,etc.etc. Huh? What does one thing have to do with the other? One group does NOT have all the morals and ethics while the other has none. What do you know of chickenheads morals and ethics? Holy Moly(not a pun) Some of the biggest hipocrits are the most religously based. Some of the most ethical people are of varying levels of spirituality. Let's not allow this to become a religous-moral conversation.

BRING ON THE FLAMES-I AM READY WITH MY FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!!!!:eek:

Just came back to see where this went. Oh My Goodness. We went from can I wear one to you are not moral,etc.etc. Huh? What does one thing have to do with the other? One group does NOT have all the morals and ethics while the other has none. What do you know of chickenheads morals and ethics? Holy Moly(not a pun) Some of the biggest hipocrits are the most religously based. Some of the most ethical people are of varying levels of spirituality. Let's not allow this to become a religous-moral conversation.

BRING ON THE FLAMES-I AM READY WITH MY FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!!!!:eek:

Where are you getting the religion from? I sure didn't say anything about it, since I am not at all religious. You don't have to be religious to have morals.

To me, if you show your A$$, or any other part of the body that should be covered in public, you have no morals. IE; it's wrong. I guess I was just raised different. Maybe with more values, self respect, and morals.....but you know what, if someone wants to make a fool out of themselves, be my guest. I am sure there are plenty of people that feel the way I do about this.

But after shopping for clothes for the last 2 weeks, I can honestly say that I am disgusted with what people wear these days. Lingerie became outerware at some point recently....and pants are only fashionable when they are skin tight..... with hoochie mama platform shoes........just all looks sleezy to me.:rolleyes:

I much prefer classy, tailored, sophisticated clothing. But that's just me I guess.:cool:

Well it may be a foreign flagged ship, but I'd be willing to bet that the passenger manifest majority IS american.

Ah, the good ol' American (passenger) MANIFEST Destiny. I plant this flag on the lido deck and claim this ship for the USA.:)

Actually I was responding to another post but Ok Corona. I was actually responding to the statement from Boo baby that said any moral or decent.....I can't seem to locate where people get their morals and decency from. We all have different levels of comfort and different social barriers. I think anyone who is uncomfortable with wearing a thong should not wear one. If you want to ,go ahead. My point was thongs are not unacceptable everywhere ,even within the US. It is only a moral and decency based thing for those who have a problem with this issue. You can think anyway about it that you want, but it doesn't make it true for everyone. We all have the right to our feelings. But in this area unless it is banned by the cruiseline your opinion does not alter reality. If chickenhead wants to wear one he can and he will also have to deal with any disapproving looks that come his way.;) :p :D

Archived