thong swimsuits allowed onboard?

chickenhead

Hola,

OK, you have convinced me. After reading all of the pros and cons on this subject I have finally decided to wear a thong. That's right, baby, IT's BUTT FLOSS FOR ME!!!! Why should just the women have fun( if you can call chaffing fun)? I've seen fluffy women, weight challenged women, starved to the bones women, and a few that I'm not sure were women, all in butt floss. Now it is my turn.

I'm a 300#, 5' 6" slightly balding male with a furry back, but what the hey, this is America. Where else can one find the freedom to express onesself? Just remember, you will probably never see any of these people again, so live it up.

I will!

Come and join me on the Granduer on 1/7/06. We can share the hot tub together.:D

SINcerely,

Clackey

Hola,

OK, you have convinced me. After reading all of the pros and cons on this subject I have finally decided to wear a thong. That's right, baby, IT's BUTT FLOSS FOR ME!!!! Why should just the women have fun( if you can call chaffing fun)? I've seen fluffy women, weight challenged women, starved to the bones women, and a few that I'm not sure were women, all in butt floss. Now it is my turn.

I'm a 300#, 5' 6" slightly balding male with a furry back, but what the hey, this is America. Where else can one find the freedom to express onesself? Just remember, you will probably never see any of these people again, so live it up.

I will!

Come and join me on the Granduer on 1/7/06. We can share the hot tub together.:D

SINcerely,

Clackey

You may never see these people again, but I have 3 words for you. Cameras, Internet, Webshots.

So your legacy will live on.....seen plenty of sights like this on Webshots...;) I know I would take a pic and post it, along with a fitting caption............Ahhhh, freedom, isn't it great!!!:)

Not only should thongs be banned, but women shouldn't be allowed to show any part of their body. They should also only speak when spoken too, and they should defintely not be allowed to use these boards.

This is a strict Islamic view of how a woman should conduct themselves morally, yet plenty of you outrage them on a daily basis. Where do we draw the line?

Wearing a thong is hardly causing pain and anguish to anybody. From reading some of these posts, it sounds like the next target on the puritan states of america after Iran will be Europe; for their morally decadent topless beaches. It's very worrying that the country once known as offering the most freedom is now showing a worrying trend towards regressive conservatism, whereas other nations it condemns for exactly the same issues, are becoming much more progressive.

It's just a same this conservatism didn't stretch to reducing the ever growing demand of oil, which is causing us harm, as well as a sensible policy on firearms and violence. Where is the logic on censoring bad language and a bare butt yet allowing extreme violence on television screens. It seems make war not peace is the pervading attitude.

Isn't the real issue jealousy; woman are just worried that their partners (significant others :P) will enjoy the delights that a properly worn thong can produce.

well, i'm back.

some interesting posts while i was gone.

some good points were made about morals and decency. everyone believes that they are right and that their ideas of what is moral or decent is the correct one. some people are ok with thongs. some people are ok with bikinis. some are ok with one pieces. some don't think you should wear a dress above the knee. some don't think you should show your neck. some don't think you should show any skin at all. which one is right? i don't know. and anyone who thinks he does is kidding himself. where on the scale is the exact 'right' spot? we have laws telling us we can't go beyond a certain point, but even those laws aren't in effect everywhere in america (like nudist colonies and such). so there is a point to be made to "abide by the laws of the land". that last line is for those that think this has become a religious debate (that quote is from the bible). adhering to the laws of the land was what instigated this whole thread. i simply wanted to know the rules so i wouldn't break any.

the whole moral and decency thing is, in my opinion, based on sex. people think a thong will invoke sexual feelings in those that view it. a little news flash for you, there are people who are turned on by nuns attire, school outfits, shorts, pants, shirts, boots, leather, spandex, cotton, you name it. so if we don't get to wear something that turns people on we will end up wearing nothing at all. oh wait, that would still turn people on. so we can't wear nothing and we can't wear something. so now what? everything and nothing. where do we go from here? everywhere and nowhere. who's right? who's decent? everyone and no one. there is no way anyone can intelligently argue that they are right and someone else is wrong on this issue. you can believe with all your heart and mind that what you think is the correct way, but it still doesn't make it true. same goes for me:eek: .

ohhh... ok corona... so YOU'RE the person who gets to decide who looks good and who doesn't... well gosh, then i guess me and my "living in sin" (according to boo's mom) girl friends should get your opinion on what bathing costumes we can wear in public?

ok, maybe i'm being a little bit of a smart a**... but that is how i read what is in that first paragraph... and also corona, according to that first paragraph, you don't think it's ok to wear a thong on the topless deck?... an area clearly for adults only?

i'm hoping you and some others here don't mean to be as judgmental as i'm reading your post to be... and if I AM reading to much into the posts then i offer my sincere apologies... :o

me and my friends will be having buckets of beer and ta-kill-ya shots on the topless deck (and we will be topless) if you need us... :D

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Well, if it's a topless deck....then why would you have your bottom hanging out? What gives me the right to decide who looks good, and who doesn't? VISION!:p

Besides, how many ships have a topless deck?? Mainstream ships that is....ships where there will be kids and the like.....that's one of the core issues for me here.

If I wanted to see nudity, I'd go looking for it, rather than have it shoved in my face. So to speak.

If you want to do it where it is common, then be my guest, I won't be there to see it, so I could care less.

I will say it again, I will judge you if you are semi-nude in public. Sorry, that's just how I feel about it, and I have no compunction about saying that.

Oh, and you never did post the names of the ships with topless decks, did you???

As far as the other poster that said your post were articulate and well thought out, well I just wish you would learn how to type in the proper cases, lower and upper, and stay on topic. It might make me take your post more serious.

Have a nice life.

Couple of comments.

1. Ships with topless decks include the Carnival line and most that cater to Europeans, since they have a different attitude about nudity than most Americans.

2. It is against the rules of the board to make degoetory comments about the spelling of others.

The bottom line is this. You do not have to like or appreciate thongs on anyone but it is indeed allowed on cruise ships. Whether you agree or not or think it is a good idea is open to debate but people are allowed to wear them.

Archived