Zenith compensation

payman

My wife, son and I were on the 27th Feb. 2005 sailing when my son was sent to

his cabin after reporting to sick bay, he was quarantined for 3 days. For all readers I would let you know that compensation (generous ) was received Wednesday 23rd March - at no time did my son ask for compensation.:)

I forgot to say that I was impressed at the speed " Celebrity Cruises " fixed the compensation for my son. From Miami to Celebrity U K to our travel agent and by

post to our home address. My son sends his regards,"well done Celebrity ".Only

10 days from the end of the cruise. How about that to all the unbelievers.

Question~why would a person receive compensation for getting sick?

1. To essure that when future passengers get sick they get the medical attention they need as opposed to saying nothing so they don't "miss out".

2. X thinks it is the right thing to do from a customer service view point.

why would a person re

Question~ceive compensation for getting sick?

I bet my son that Lois R would reply to me first, I was spot on, Celebrity has done a great bit of public relations here. I just hope you never catch the bug,if you do you will change your mind, first thing go to sick bay---important.

Andy, you bet your son I would reply first? Maybe it is time for me to take a break:eek: What did you bet?:confused:

The bet was who would pay for the champagne when we go on the RADIANCE OF THE SEAS in October through the Panama Canal ????? Guess who.:) :)

I caught the Noro-Virus on the first day of our cruise on the Carnival Legend over Thanksgiving 2003. I asked for compensation because the outbreak occurred on the cruise the week prior to ours and it was reported in the local Florida news however we were not informed of it when boarding. Carnival knew full well they had a problem. I didn't understand what the bleach smell was until I learned later that is the only thing that will kill the Noro-Virus. Carnival did not start taking precautions in the buffet (where serving utensils are handled by many) until AFTER people on our cruise started getting sick. I reported to the infirmary at the encouragement of my cabin steward and I was confined for days (didn't feel up to going anywhere anyway). I was absolutely miserable. I wrote two letters to Carnival and their offer of compensation was insulting. Had this been the original week of the outbreak, I would have felt much differently about the situation, but since they did not take care to forewarn new boarding passengers, I STILL feel they owe me something. Carnival compensated people sailing out of Galveston when a NEW outbreak occurred. I feel certain this is because Galveston is a new market and they want to appear "sympathetic" to this new region of potential customers. They even knew I was a repeat customer - NO MORE!! In essence, they could have cared less! They've lost a customer over this.

Archived