Need recommendation for Helicopter Tour

geoburm

Going on a 15 Day Carnival Cruise to Hilo, Maui, Honolulu, Kona, and Kauai in April of 2012 and I have always wanted to do a helicopter tour of an island. Carnival does not have any for their shore excursions, that I can find now. Any recommendations/advice as to the best island to do one on and tour operators?

I would recommend Kauai and BI. Flying over the NaPali cliffs and Waimea Canyon is not to be missed (in Kauai). YOu can't beat seeing the lava flows from the air either (on the BI). If you only have the funds to do one, I would check into current lava flows at the BI to see if it's worth it.

Lots of recommendations on TA.

Never been to Hawaii, but after doing a bit of research on helicoptor tours and only going to do one. we decided to do a tour over Kauai with Jack Harter Helicopters and their open door excursion just for added fun :D enjoy!!

Kauai with Blue Hawiian! There is much of the island that is not visable by any means but helicopter; falls, coast etc. Unless one really does a lot of driving and hiking.

The other place to consider is the big island for a unique prospective of the volanoes.

Going on a 15 Day Carnival Cruise to Hilo, Maui, Honolulu, Kona, and Kauai in April of 2012 and I have always wanted to do a helicopter tour of an island. Carnival does not have any for their shore excursions, that I can find now. Any recommendations/advice as to the best island to do one on and tour operators?

I am going in 2 weeks. I have signed up for a helicopter tour over Kauai through Safari Helicopters...I'll let you know how it is.

We used them a few years ago and were very pleased.

When you get back to the pad BE SURE to have someone take your picture standing in front of the helicopter with the pilot.

Kauai is truly spectacular and Safari Helicopters is great.

It's been a few years (2004) but the experience of going through the canyon is unforgettable.

Last year we booked through RCCL on Kauai and it ended up being through Blue Hawaiian. We could have saved some $ if we had booked directly but we didn't know better.

They are very professional and you could not go wrong by booking with them directly. Flying over the canyons and the coast was amazing!

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I will check out each of them to see what fits our budget/schedule.....can't wait....we cruise to Hawaii in about 9 months....what an eternity!!! Thanks again to everyone!! :)

Archived