Carnivals' Key West Pub Crawl

pork917

Ricks, Flying Monkey Saloon, Schooner Wharf Bar, The Lazy Gecko, & Dirty Harrys.

I got this info from key west walking tours dot com

They have a link on their site which takes you directly to the Carnival excursion page since you cant book direct if you are on a cruise. We are thinking about taking this in November, looks like it will be a blast!

I think in Key West it is better to do your own "pub crawl" All the bars are very close together and you will be able to stroll around and see ones that look interesting to you. You will also meet some interesting people rather then going around with the same group everywhere. Save the money and do your own. If you want to see Schooner Wharf, you can walk along the harbor. You will also pass Conch Republic, Turtle Crawls, The Tower Bar and others along the way that you might want to visit. On Duval, there are literally dozens of place along a few blocks. You can not miss them.

I did consider doing this ourselves, however Im scared I wont be able to get my boyfriend back on the boat!!! Plus this includes transportation back to the ship( i think/hope) guess i better check into that!

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Key West- DO YOUR OWN PUB CRAWL! It is a rip off to pay for a pub crawl! When you want to get back to the ship pay 5-10 bucks for a cab back. Cabs drive by every minute! Each bar is right next to the other!! Key West is a very very very tiny island! They are all no father than a mile apart.;)

You will meet so many people on the ship that will be doing the same. TRUST ME!!!! If you do your own pub crawl then you can stop in some shops- but if you are stuck with a group....forget shopping or stopping places that seem interesting!!

Once you get off the ship head directly to the 100 block of Duval. (Take a cab if you must) then start walking up Duval. You will hit these bars in the following order...stop for a drink in each one:

1. Hogs Breath

2. The Worlds Smallest Bar

3. Captain Tony's

4. Sloppy Joes

5. Irish Kevins

6. Petes Dualing Pianos

7. The Porch

8. Carolines Bar (best Mango margarita ever)

9. The Bull (or garden Of Eden- Clothing optional)

10. Flying Monkey

11. Fat Tuesdays

12. Margaritaville

13. Jack Flats

14. 801 (at night they have drag shows! So much fun. On Sunday they have Drag queen BINGO & Drag Queen Karayoke- A MUST DO HARMLESS FUN KEY WEST ACTIVITY!!!!!!):D

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Key West- DO YOUR OWN PUB CRAWL! It is a rip off to pay for a pub crawl! When you want to get back to the ship pay 5-10 bucks for a cab back. Cabs drive by every minute! Each bar is right next to the other!! Key West is a very very very tiny island! They are all no father than a mile apart.;)

You will meet so many people on the ship that will be doing the same. TRUST ME!!!! If you do your own pub crawl then you can stop in some shops- but if you are stuck with a group....forget shopping or stopping places that seem interesting!!

Once you get off the ship head directly to the 100 block of Duval. (Take a cab if you must) then start walking up Duval. You will hit these bars in the following order...stop for a drink in each one:

1. Hogs Breath

3. Captain Tony's

4. Sloppy Joes

5. Irish Kevins

6. Petes Dualing Pianos

7. The Porch

10. Flying Monkey

11. Fat Tuesdays

12. Margaritaville

13. Jack Flats

14. 801 (at night they have drag shows! So much fun. On Sunday they have Drag queen BINGO & Drag Queen Karayoke- A MUST DO HARMLESS FUN KEY WEST ACTIVITY!!!!!!):D

I wouldnt necessarily call it a "rip off".. for $40 you get 1 drink at 5 places... thats about $8/drink...sounds about right.

• 1 month later...

We went on the pub crawl a few years ago. The pubs that we went to were empty (not popular ones) and had choice drinks that you could order. Yes, I myself and friends left the pub crawl and went on our own and very glad we did. W Go on your own and check it out. Love Key West.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to report back:D We did the Pub Crawl through Carnival last Friday and had an absolute blast! Our tour guide was beau and he filled us in on great little details on Key West along the way. We stopped at 5 bars that offered a beer or well drink or a specialty drink. Our favorite was the Flying Monkeys Saloon! They offer slushie style drinks that are delish! I had a chocolate one and my boyfriend tried the "Grain Train" which is a mix of 3 different types of grain alcohol! Very good!!! The tour was a blast, we would definitely consider doing this tour next time we are in Key West!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1. Hogs Breath

3. Captain Tony's

4. Sloppy Joes

5. Irish Kevins

6. Petes Dualing Pianos

7. The Porch

10. Flying Monkey

11. Fat Tuesdays

12. Margaritaville

13. Jack Flats

thanks, this was exactly what i was looking for. can you tell me if KW has pedicabs?

Yes Key West has pedicabs; but unless you have mobility problems they are unnecessary imho.

Mike:)

fantastic...yeah mobility issues, gonna get an mri on my knee when we get back from the cruise. KW is the last stop so by then i'll probably need the pedicab. good to know its an option, wayyyyy better than a electric wheelchair LOL :eek:

thanks, this was exactly what i was looking for. can you tell me if KW has pedicabs?

LOL, if you do all 14 places yu'll need more than a pedicab!!!:D

Mike, yeah, you really don't need pedicabs but after a big meal and some after dinner cocktails it is a nice way home to beddy bi!:D

• 5 weeks later...
Haha yeah

There's two (fat Tuesdays & margaritaville) that we're gonna skip so that shortens the list :)

we're from New Orleans I've got confidence we can so it! If not we'll have a hell of'a good time tryin

Just my .02 but the Margaritaville in Key West is the best of the chain and unlike many others. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived