disembark

nextrip

Going on the summit next week-woo hoo! ship gets in around 7am...what time can we expect to be off the ship with luggage? I'm reading about early disembarkment? Trying to make plans for a pick up with my bro.

If you're not catching a flight, you can do the walk-off disembarkment. You'll keep your luggage the night before instead of putting it in the hallway and take it with you yourself in the morning. That would minimize the time. I've never done it, but I believe you could be off the ship by 7:30 or 8, if all goes well.

That's the operative phrase there, though, if all goes well. The ship might arrive late, there could be a customs or CDC inspection holdup, you might not be able to get off until much later. And why would you want to leave earlier than you have to? I'd set the luggage out for pickup and tell your bro to pick you up around 10:30. Stay on the ship until about 10, then stroll leisurely to the luggage holding area where you'll have no trouble finding your bags since most of them will already be gone. You should be able to breeze through customs. Then, if there's a delay, adjust accordingly-- if you find yourself leaving with the herd, leave the ship if possible at 9:30 to allow the extra time to find your bag and make it through customs. Finally, keep your bro updated via cellphone to let him know if you'll be running late.

Others with more experience might jump in here to say you can stay on the ship longer or to allow more or less time to leave, but unless you're in a rush to get home, I'd think this is the best overall strategy.

Archived