Day in Nassau

weisbaden

Well we have decided not to do the Atlantis, going in Jan on Osasis just me and my sweetie (in our 50's), I am the cruise director on this trip and can't decide what to do. Hilton or Sheridan? Want to make this a really a good time, he has only cruised once and we had kids with us, this time no kids.

Also what is the Fish Fry I keep hearing about, we will be in Nassau on a Sunday.

Well we have decided not to do the Atlantis, going in Jan on Osasis just me and my sweetie (in our 50's), I am the cruise director on this trip and can't decide what to do. Hilton or Sheridan? Want to make this a really a good time, he has only cruised once and we had kids with us, this time no kids.

Also what is the Fish Fry I keep hearing about, we will be in Nassau on a Sunday.

The Hilton is geared more towards adults, quiet and relaxation. No toys there so less kids. Plus it comes with a $30 food and drink voucher. Nothing like relaxing while having something frozen. Sheraton is only $25 but doesn't include any food or drinks and posters say it is expensive. Plus Hilton you can walk to so saves you money for a bus or taxi.

Look into the Wyndham. I believe its around $40 a person and included a buffet style lunch. The Wyndham and the Sheraton are connected, that should give you an idea as to where the Wyndham is.

Remember, with Oasis, you are VERY limited on time since the ship leaves so early. That is why when we go on Oasis in early May (we are in Nassau all the time on Majesty and have a full day) we opted to do an excursion off the ship that is 3 1/2 hours. It is a snorkel trip and was only $38 pp which for a ship excursion, I don't think is bad. I am not willing to pay for the Hilton or Sheraton when you basically have 3 hours of beach time, just not worth it. We thought about just staying on the ship, but decided the excursion would be fun.

Thanks all for the answers.

Can anyone tell what the Fish Fry is?

I am thinking an actual fish fry, but I do not want to assume.:p

"Fish Fry" refers to several restaurants on a "restaurant row" kind of area from what I understand. A lot of local flavor going on in these places, as it's locally owned businesses patronized by locals.

This is what I've gathered from reading this forums anyway.

The Hilton is geared more towards adults, quiet and relaxation. No toys there so less kids. Plus it comes with a $30 food and drink voucher. Nothing like relaxing while having something frozen. Sheraton is only $25 but doesn't include any food or drinks and posters say it is expensive. Plus Hilton you can walk to so saves you money for a bus or taxi.

Just how close is the Hilton to walk? We may want to go there with my elder mother who is in pretty good shape but don't want to make her walk too far.

Just how close is the Hilton to walk? We may want to go there with my elder mother who is in pretty good shape but don't want to make her walk too far.

Most people say its a 10 minute walk. Past the Straw Market and near Senor Frogs I think. I know there are directions somewhere on the boards but I can't seem to find them right now. :confused:

I am glad you brought that up, I just assumed with avg 87 degree weather that time of year, the pools wouldn't need to be heated.

You should be OK without heated pools...don't think it has ever been cold there yet when we have gone...

The Fish Fry is not an actual fish fry like you were thinking...it is a group of restaurants, very casual that is a local place. Good local food and nice to meet locals. If you are doing one of the hotels you probably won't have time to do both as the service is good but they operate on island time, not ship time so you need atleast an hour an a half to devote to lunch...

We went to Nassau on the Oasis and went to the Atlantis for a few hours and then headed to senior frogs for a drink...wasn't very happening that early. It is such a bummer when you don't get a whole day in port!

I am glad you brought that up, I just assumed with avg 87 degree weather that time of year, the pools wouldn't need to be heated.

Jan temps can be more in the high 70's than high 80's and water gets a bit "crisp".

Sheraton has 1 heated pool.

Locals wear jeans and down parka's this time of year.. while we walk around in shorts and t shirts. Evenings can be quite cool.

Archived