How do you send a personal message?

I think you used to be able to do it easily. If it's possible to do it now, I'm not sure how you go about it. Some people have created separate email address through an email service provider like Google or Yahoo that's just for their Cruise Critic activity. I have my in my signature and I know that any messages that come to that address came from Cruise Critic. But unless the person you want to reach has done that, you may have to look for a topic they posted to and ask them to contact you.

Thanks experts, for confirming that I was trying to do the impossible.

Thru' Kween Karen's travel blogs I somehow linked to her family site -- to follow up on her grandson's progress and I'd simply like to let her know that I'm hooked. Seems ridiculous given we'll never meet, but I now follow with interest the progress of her grandkids. Why it's almost as great as the ones of our own wondergrands!

Ruth

technical stuff

this board runs a fairly popular generic program or engine. Those that run this particular board can choose to implement or not implement certain features. They have decided not to turn on messaging . . . they have not had messaging for as long as I've been kicking around here.

Thru' Kween Karen's travel blogs I somehow linked to her family site -- to follow up on her grandson's progress and I'd simply like to let her know that I'm hooked.

Ruth

You can check out her profile here on CC, and ask to friend her... I suppose that might work. :)

A somewhat cumbersome process that could work would be to locate any post on any thread by the person you want to contact. Then hit on "Find all posts" for that person, from there you can go to the thread that person is currently active on - and post a comment requesting that he/she contact you - giving your email address --- you have to space between each letter in you email address for it to get through -- but then (assuming that person wants to chat directly with you) he/she can email you directly. I have used this method a couple of times.

Archived