~ Norwegian Jewel ~ :::Ship Board Embarkment Day Wedding::: ~July 30, 2011~ (Review)

Lipz

Dana and Sharine...consider yourselves invited! Seriously!

The pictures of the float out on the Everything Breakaway thread are amazing. I am like a little kid right now!

Man oh man, I am ALWAYS game for a cruise and I LoVe weddings. We may have to see what we can for 2014! Right now though I don't dare mention the words "vacation in 2014". We have never been booked for this many cruises in one year and with 1 down and 2 more to pay for, my wife has already got it out for me lol.

I finally saw a float out video and my gosh I am SUPER excited!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This was beautiful.. Loved everything about it.. I am so looking forward to our wedding on the Carnival Breeze. we will only have about 13 guests at our At Sea Ceremony.. thanks to the last november election, We are legal in our home state of Maine. YAY! Your review truly inspired me.. it was clearly such a happy day.. were the pics you posted through out this review your own or the ones you bought? just curious. we have two friends of the family coming with us that are both photographers.. so we dodged a big photography bullet there. we paid for their trip in exchange for a weeks worth of pics. :D

BTW.. Loved your bouquets.. so pretty.. I just ordered mine and cannot wait to get them.. we went with Green cymbidium orchids and Fushia Phaelenopsis orchids. also Bright colors. love that tropical fun feel. Thanks for all the inspiration.. and anyone of you on this thread is welcome to join us as well. Breeze on 10/26/13!!! The more the merrier.. One BIG love boat!

• 1 month later...
This was beautiful.. Loved everything about it.. I am so looking forward to our wedding on the Carnival Breeze. we will only have about 13 guests at our At Sea Ceremony.. thanks to the last november election, We are legal in our home state of Maine. YAY! Your review truly inspired me.. it was clearly such a happy day.. were the pics you posted through out this review your own or the ones you bought? just curious. we have two friends of the family coming with us that are both photographers.. so we dodged a big photography bullet there. we paid for their trip in exchange for a weeks worth of pics. :D

BTW.. Loved your bouquets.. so pretty.. I just ordered mine and cannot wait to get them.. we went with Green cymbidium orchids and Fushia Phaelenopsis orchids. also Bright colors. love that tropical fun feel. Thanks for all the inspiration.. and anyone of you on this thread is welcome to join us as well. Breeze on 10/26/13!!! The more the merrier.. One BIG love boat!

Sorry I'm just seeing your question....

Some of the photos were taken by the cruise line and the rest we took with our small Kodak camera. Sounds like you really lucked out with the photography. We only bought a few pictures from NCL their photo package prices were ridiculous.

Marriage was legalized in our home state of New York a few months before our big day. It was an exciting time.

We went with Angel's Accents which did a fabulous job. Almost two years later and our flowers still have the real smell.

• 4 weeks later...
Just read your review. I am so happy for you and your wife. Your pictures are so amazing.

Why thank you.

We will be married almost two years and I still feel the fun and excitement of wedding planning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just now realized your review was way longer than i read initially, lol. Great review! I like the pictures of you with the Captain. We were lucky to catch a shot with him too after the ceremony. He was outside doing formal photo shoots with passengers so we could snap one real quick.

Oh about your question about Warwick Long Bay, yeah they have a little hot dog stand with yummy fries, sodas and snacks. I don't recall seeing restrooms though. I guess you can just whiz in the ocean lol. For #2, yeah you will probably be screwed unless you go do it under a rock behind a dune or something...

The sand is pinker there, waaaaaay less annoying people taking up all the beach and scenery there is just so calm and pretty.

I just now realized your review was way longer than i read initially, lol. Great review! I like the pictures of you with the Captain. We were lucky to catch a shot with him too after the ceremony. He was outside doing formal photo shoots with passengers so we could snap one real quick.

Oh about your question about Warwick Long Bay, yeah they have a little hot dog stand with yummy fries, sodas and snacks. I don't recall seeing restrooms though. I guess you can just whiz in the ocean lol. For #2, yeah you will probably be screwed unless you go do it under a rock behind a dune or something...

The sand is pinker there, waaaaaay less annoying people taking up all the beach and scenery there is just so calm and pretty.

This review was the first and only one I've ever done on Cruise Critic. I really took my time with it and tried to be in-depth and thoughtful as I couldn't find any NCL reviews on CC that gave me any insight as to what to expect while we were wedding planning. My hopes was that couples would read it and get a good sense of an NCL wedding even though each of our experiences would in the end be unique to us. Thanks for checking it out again!!

Warwick beach sounds like a nice plays to spend a few hours. If there are no restrooms I'll have to pass though. As I age, I pee a lot more! :o

• 4 months later...

Dana and Sharine - your wedding was beautiful!! (as are the 2 of you!!) Thank you for taking the time for such an awesome review!

My fiance and I have booked a cruise on the Gem in 2014 and are considering having a small ceremony/reception on Embarkation Day. We don't expect to have any guests sail with us.

We have a little one on the way in the next couple of months so we know having money for a wedding is going to be nearly impossible. I'd love a big Winter Wonderland Wedding and definitely do not want a Justice of the Peace- I think this is a good median!

You're review was so helpful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to put it together - between the review and the pictures! The Jewel is very similar to the Gem so it was such a big help! Thank you so much!

I wish the two of you all the best! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Dana and Sharine - your wedding was beautiful!! (as are the 2 of you!!) Thank you for taking the time for such an awesome review!

My fiance and I have booked a cruise on the Gem in 2014 and are considering having a small ceremony/reception on Embarkation Day. We don't expect to have any guests sail with us.

We have a little one on the way in the next couple of months so we know having money for a wedding is going to be nearly impossible. I'd love a big Winter Wonderland Wedding and definitely do not want a Justice of the Peace- I think this is a good median!

You're review was so helpful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to put it together - between the review and the pictures! The Jewel is very similar to the Gem so it was such a big help! Thank you so much!

I wish the two of you all the best! :)

Congratulations on your engagement. I will admit when we stopped visiting wedding venues and really looked at who we are as a couple, a wedding cruise was the way to go. No regrets and it's still one of the most unique weddings I've ever been to myself lol.

The Jewel was lovely so you should have a beautiful wedding as well on the Gem. Good luck!

I am just now seeing your post. I know its been a few years but I REALLY enjoyed looking at y'alls pictures! Y'all look so in love. I love the first time you saw her, it was so sweet! Late Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much. A little over 2 years married and almost 14 years together and we are thrilled that my wedding review can still give others pleasure. Happy Wedding Planning!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
This is lovely review of great ceremony! Thank you for sharing it!:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it. I can not believe we are married almost 3 years now. I hope this post continues to be helpful to cruise wedding couples....

• 3 months later...
Thank you for sharing such an in depth review! This is how real love is!

Smile....we've been together 14 year. If it's not love I don't know what else it is lol.

Thanks for reading my review is makes me happy to know that is is still being looked

at even 3 years later and hopefully it is helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...