I am grateful!!!

bougiet

that I even have the funds to vacation. I can't handle all the complaints about freakin shrimp cocktail...Seriously!! Also, that Carnival is now being compared to Mickie D's, Denny's, Applebee's, Marie Calander, Golden Corrall so on and so forth. Really?:confused:.

Has anyone noticed we are in a recission? Have you realized how much more plane tickets cost and the cuts they have made. I am paying around the same price as I paid in the early 2000's. :eek:

Has anyone gone grocery shopping lately?:eek:

It all seems so petty to me. If you want the higher end experience then please move on over to another line that can offer you this.:D

I am a foodie. I looked at the menu and can not for the life of me understand all these complaints. Are we so spoiled that we are just never satisified? :cool:

I don't think anyone realizes this. I don't see anything wrong with what Carnival has done. I can only guess that we are all spoiled. And I don't know why, if people aren't happy, they just don't go to another cruiseline if it's really all that bad.

I am with you. I looked at the menus and certainly saw something on each one that looked wonderful to me. All this over shrimp cocktail? Really??

Like I said in another thread, if I don't have to shop for it, lug it home, cook it and clean up after it - it is all good!

Good Lord.

Now we're complaining about complaining.

My money - my opinion.

critic:

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

2. One who specializes especially professionally in the evaluation and appreciation of literary or artistic works: a film critic; a dance critic.

3. One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder.

Good Lord.

Now we're complaining about complaining.

My money - my opinion.

critic:

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

2. One who specializes especially professionally in the evaluation and appreciation of literary or artistic works: a film critic; a dance critic.

3. One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder.

Thanks for the education however I am fully aware of what critic means. Take your money elsewhere if it is sooo important for you to have 3 teeny tiney shrimp whilst on board. Again it is obscene. Thanks though. :D

After looking at the numerous threads about the NEW menu, i don't think anyone is going to STARVE while on their cruise. I know people who complained that there weren't enough " common folk " entrees before. Well now they have a few choices....

So why do you keep reading them? :confused:

Because someone needs to complain about all of the complainers. :D

Yes, there is a recession. The point many are making is that Carnival is dealing with it by cutting back on some things and other lines are either raising prices or taking in lesser profits. If people don't want to read about cutbacks and criticism of their favorite cruise line, they should avoid the threads critical of Carnival. But it is worth discussion on a site called Cruise Critic.

Pot, meet kettle!

You're complaining about complainers on an internet travel forum! 1.gif

Hi kettle, nice to meet ya.....Yes dear I am. If the compaints made sense then I probably would not have started a thread. I think so many have forgotton about how fortunate we are and how petty we can be. Is this OK with you?

that I even have the funds to vacation. I can't handle all the complaints about freakin shrimp cocktail...Seriously!! Also, that Carnival is now being compared to Mickie D's, Denny's, Applebee's, Marie Calander, Golden Corrall so on and so forth. Really?:confused:.

Has anyone noticed we are in a recission? Have you realized how much more plane tickets cost and the cuts they have made. I am paying around the same price as I paid in the early 2000's. :eek:

Has anyone gone grocery shopping lately?:eek:

It all seems so petty to me. If you want the higher end experience then please move on over to another line that can offer you this.:D

I am a foodie. I looked at the menu and can not for the life of me understand all these complaints. Are we so spoiled that we are just never satisified? :cool:

Well, I agree that many people overlook the fact of how lucky they are to be in a position to cruise. Most folks from other countries never get the opportunity to take a vacation ever in their lives, and probably 80% of people in this country never have the disposible income to cruise or take a similar vacation.

That being said, this is not a place to speak so much of the socio-economic state of things or the morality of spending money on frivolous things. This is a forum to talk about, and frequently complain about, cruising. If people complaining about certain aspects of cruising bothers you, this forum is going to get old quick:)

I agree with you. I see choices on the menu that look very good. I understand how some people like shrimp cocktail every night but I am a little tired of seeing the threads. As of yesterday I stopped reading them.

I did a survey for Carnival a couple of months ago. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I think it asked about the dining room choices, buffet, entertainment etc. To me it sounds like they took this information and made changes to the menu. I don't think they could have predicted the uproar it has caused. It reminds me of the New Coke back in the '80s.

You know, I love to read the posts that are helpful to questions we have about cruises and excursions. Love to see the pictures and stories when someone returns. Then you read the posts that look like we are back in junior high school. If people are so upset about the shrimp coctail, save yourself some money and fix it yourself at home!! I have cruised a few times on Princess, Celebrity and once on Carnival. I so look forward to going because it is so much fun. YOU make it what it is. There are always changes, no matter what. People need to realize that sometimes there have to be changes at home because of different situations and everyone has to conform to it. If not, move out! I have looked at the new menus at Carnival and I can't wait to go in September. I plan to have fun, I don't plan to be disappointed. If you don't like the menus . . . move on. Just like if you don't like the ship or itineray . . . MOVE ON. It's very simple. Just like others have said, be thankful you can even go. But don't go when I do because I don't want to see your attitude.

This post is just as bad as the ones that you're complaining about. Don't click on the thread if it bothers you that bad.:rolleyes:

I have to disagree. Being thankful for having the ability to cruise, and not really understanding why ANYONE would lose their religion over three measly little shrimp, are vastly different than getting on here and losing your religion because you can't eat some bottom feeders. We've had no less than 3 to 4 threads going about how people just can NOT fathom that they can't get their fix of...shrimp cocktail. (I use that term lightly) Seriously?!

We are cruising the oceans, people. We're visiting the Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, the Greek islands, Italy, etc... and have the money to do SOOOO much that so many simply cannot do. We SHOULD be grateful and so very thankful...regardless of what we're shoving into our faces! (good god, you'd think they banned chocolate or something!) And yes, there are some people on these boards who have acted like complete idiots simply because they can't get...SHRIMP every single night! I'm sorry...that's funny right there! :p

To the OP: I'm grateful, too. I'm thankful and completely tickled pink that I get to spend time with my sweet family while someone else waits on me hand and foot. Unless they start serving me Alpo, or Spam, I'm going to continue to look at my life as one big fat BLESSING!!!!!! :D

Carnival just instituted a new policy:

We are now allowed to bring on 7 shrimp cocktails pp on a 7 day cruise.:D

LOL!

I'm not much of a complainer, and have really only found a couple of things to merit a "complaint" or really just a negative comment on our cruises. I've been a bit surprised about the reaction to the shrimp cocktail - I think I tried it maybe twice, and it really wasn't very good:confused: as far as shrimp go. But I'm glad other's like it.

We ask for change, but most of us don't really like change -- so the upset is probably inevitable.

Now, if they took away the towel animals, I'd probably be a vocal complainer!

Archived